Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Osirian civilisation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osirian civilisation
    Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 12:53

China was populated more than a million years ago, as early as 1.66 Mya based on stone artifacts found in the Nihewan Basin. Stone tools found at Xiaochangliang site were dated to 1.36 million years ago. The archaeological site of Xihoudu (西侯渡) in Shanxi Province is the earliest recorded use of fire by Homo erectus, which is dated 1.27 million years ago.

Southeast Asia was reached about 1.7 million years ago (Meganthropus). West Europe was first populated around 1.2 million years ago (Atapuerca).

Bruce Bower has suggested that Homo erectus may have built rafts and sailed oceans, a theory that has raised some controversy.

S.O
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 12:57
Seth, I really appreciate you posts, bit honestly I cannot read the green lines, ....blue /like you did it above/ or dark green are easier on the eyes for outlining. Just a suggestionSmile
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 13:02
SO of all the evidence i just posted suggest early humans moved and they used fire... fire was the thing that started human evolution... the start of cooking meat and saving it... no longer hunter gatherers... we don't give them the credit they deserve, they could have in many cases created Society's and cultures, just lost to the ever changing soil of our planet, in its recycling process.  1.27 myo, WOW way more than enough time for development... how self centered of a species can we be, that we think we where the first to do anything great, i don't wanna be apart of that... i want to spread the idea of all of us being spreaders of knowledge, not collectors and hiders of the same knowledge, to boost forward a species not even our own would be a wonderful thing to a Reasonable, and Logical society... Homo sapiens may have not been the first great Humanoids of this Earth. 
S.O
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 13:18
Originally posted by Seth

SO of all the evidence i just posted suggest early humans moved and they used fire... fire was the thing that started human evolution... the start of cooking meat and saving it... no longer hunter gatherers... we don't give them the credit they deserve, they could have in many cases created Society's and cultures, just lost to the ever changing soil of our planet, in its recycling process.  1.27 myo, WOW way more than enough time for development... how self centered of a species can we be, that we think we where the first to do anything great, i don't wanna be apart of that... i want to spread the idea of all of us being spreaders of knowledge, not collectors and hiders of the same knowledge, to boost forward a species not even our own would be a wonderful thing to a Reasonable, and Logical society... Homo sapiens may have not been the first great Humanoids of this Earth. 

1. I won't argue any of that. Especially this: '' i want to spread the idea of all of us being spreaders of knowledge, not collectors and hiders of the same knowledge, to boost forward a species not even our own would be a wonderful thing to a Reasonable, and Logical society...''

But don't hold your breath and keep the bourbon handy.

2. As for bolding your latter...that is moot. And entirely depends, imo, on the developement of cognitive reasoning to a point were one can tell the difference between subjectivity and objectivity. And it then further, imo, depends on your viewpoint... inclusive of education and experience and credibility as to what can be defined as 'great'.. and one's ability to demonstrate it.... given that caveat.Wink
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 14:17
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Seth, I really appreciate you posts, bit honestly I cannot read the green lines, ....blue /like you did it above/ or dark green are easier on the eyes for outlining. Just a suggestionSmile

Fixed.
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 16:00
So does anyone have another interesting topic i might join in, keeps me thinking and spreading what i have in my head as "theory". 
S.O
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 16:02
And yes Cognitive reasoning... more psychology is in everyday life then we think ;) 
S.O
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 16:37
Originally posted by Nick1986

Originally posted by Don Quixote

Fixed.

Thanks, NickSmile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 19:07
Seth, how about some credible sources (like books or academic websites)? Anyone can copy and paste stuff off wikipedia, but it doesn't mean it's true
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 20:41
The Bible,The Koran, The Hindus and others... all read wrong. i interpret differently, maybe I'm crazy. But I still have a point, also Wikipedia is great its edited by people like you and me, smart and ready to spread knowledge.

S.O
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 20:44
The Crusades through Arab eyes by Amin Maalouf. The Mighty Acts Of God by Arnold B. Rhodes. Taliban by Ahmed Rashid. 
S.O
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2012 at 21:10
Seth, i've been very patient with you. Yet you still haven't provided satisfactory answers to my questionThumbs Down
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 22:34
How have i not answered your incompetent question? showing the books that give me idea's isn't enough, i was asking you questions, not the other way around, so how does patience have to do with this? it doesn't...   you have no good explanation, as i don't either.

S.O
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 00:06

How have i not answered your incompetent question? showing the books that give me idea's isn't enough, i was asking you questions, not the other way around, so how does patience have to do with this? it doesn't...   you have no good explanation, as i don't either.

Tsk..tsk. If you wish to be officious...do it elsewhere. The question was neither annoying or without merit.

Wiki is not viewed as an academically primary credible source. It has value in providing background information as a stimulation mechanism and links and references to primary sources when the information is presented in a historically correct and objective manner. And this is not necessarily always the case with wiki.

Whether an explanation is judged as good or not is subjective..which means you can reject or accept as per your countering or supporting viewpoint. That's fine... but what's not is rudeness in speech, context or intent.

And you are dangerously close.

So remember my classroom admonition to students in a uniform or out...practice civility and you will learn more.. communicate more effectively and gain more adherents possibly to a viewpoint. Not to mention assist in the extension of the conversation. And one of the virtues in accomplishing this is patience.

You don't...you will soon learn that you will become ostracized as a feigned intellectualist. And in the case of AE, your going to be sitting on the bench with a suspension.

Consider this... as an informal friendly suggestion.

CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 26-Mar-2012 at 00:14

S. T. Friedman

Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 12:52
still, i wasn't rude in any witch way or form... i said what i thought in response to your post, so how is it that you can just decide when I'm being "rude", when I'm answering a question you asked me in the truthful and most reasonable way i can through a computer, the conversation is digital, no feeling... you keep deciding when you want to be disrespected cause you "View" it that way... 
S.O
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 14:05
Well, saying that someone's question is "incompetent" is not very respectuf way to put it either. How can a question be "incompetent" anyway - an opinion can be incompetent, if it's not based on good info, but on other things like bias or wishful thinking; a question doens't give an opinion, nor info, it asks, egro I don't see how it can be incompetent.

Anyway, we are trying to keep mutually respecting atmosphere here, which means that we try to respect the opinions of others, not label them /as long as the said opinions don't break the forum rules/. In this spirit, I'd suggest we use positively loaded words, or at least not negative ones, because this impaires the positive atmosphere we want to work in. No good can come from negative words - they set an atmosphere of bad faith, and make peole edgy, none of which improves on the quality of the disicussion. Just a suggestion:)

This said, let's return to the OPSmile.

Edited by Don Quixote - 26-Mar-2012 at 14:12
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 16:30

still, i wasn't rude in any witch way or form... i said what i thought in response to your post, so how is it that you can just decide when I'm being "rude", when I'm answering a question you asked me in the truthful and most reasonable way i can through a computer, the conversation is digital, no feeling... you keep deciding when you want to be disrespected cause you "View" it that way... 

You appear to be confusing whom you are addressing. As the OP is not mine.

And as a moderator on this forum it not only is part of my responsibilities to ensure effective communications and facilitate topic participation and flow.. it is also my responsibility to do it in a civil and amenable fashion as per the Forum code of conduct. And to see that others do it in the same fashion. That includes you. 

And it also includes what you post and how it's posted on this forum whether it be digital viz the internet or through the US Mail. For you err, when you indicate that a respectful tone can not be conveyed on the internet. Or that feelings can not be involved. Or that antagonistic tones and inferences will not lead to disruption of harmony and the appreciation of the site by all concerned and not merely yourself. 

That authority, by the way, is based on many years of participation and personal involvement in forums and blog sites, education, experience, credibility and general competence as has been determined by the owner-administrator who appointed me.

So.. when I ''view'' or perceive a violation or a near violation has or is occurring I will indeed intervene as I see or feel is appropriate.

In that respect you have no choice nor option in the matter.

You do not have to like it but you will have to abide by it if you wish to continue to participate on AE. If you do not I will suspend you.. it's that simple.

So as my associate suggested.. your best option is now to return to the intent of the original post and do it in a fashion that will induce harmony and effective communications through the exchange of ideas and opinions, comments etc.

This is the only explanation of it's type your going to receive. It does not require your response. And if you fail to return to the content and context of the OP you will be in violation of trolling and I will take any appropriate action I deem fit.

If you like... you may PM (Private Message) the owner administrator, Red Clay, if you feel concerned you have not received fair treatment. And there continue this particular line of commentary. Nothing further needs be said.

Centrix Vigilis

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 18:32
I was hoping he'd provide some evidence this civilisation existed as i'd never heard of Osirians before he mentioned them in another topic
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 02:22
Sorry nick i got of task with Centrix, and went the wrong way, nd sorry centrix for the disrespect, most likely me getting cocky while drinking. so what was your question Nick

S.O
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 19:41
Article that gives some of the literary background to the Osirian theory.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/1/post/2011/9/what-is-the-esoteric-tradition-behind-the-osirian-empire.html

Edited by Sidney - 01-Apr-2012 at 19:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>