Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your ideal form of Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What is you favorite or ideal from of Government?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [15.63%]
2 [6.25%]
3 [9.38%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
3 [9.38%]
3 [9.38%]
10 [31.25%]
3 [9.38%]
2 [6.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your ideal form of Government
    Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 14:20
Originally posted by Lannes

Originally posted by mord

Absolute power --whether a dictator, monarch, or whatever-- corrupts absolutely.  Putting power into the hands of one person, ultimately creates a community that simply blames "the one in charge."  What happens to that community when the singular power that is becomes the singular power that was? 

People will blame problems on whatever is in charge, whether it be one man or a group of people (Parliament, Senate, etc.)  I don't see any government form that is particulary free of 'finger pointing'.

Agreed.  I stand corrected. Folks, no matter what their government, will blame "the authorities."  However, what happens when authority is centralized into a small group of people?  More importantly when that authority disappears? 

Mord.

errr...left turn at vinland?
jdb777 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jdb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 15:23

The problem with a large group of people governing is that very few things can be accomplished. Look at americas Democrats and Republicans, do you think they care about the people no they care about gaining power. When this happens the government that was supposed to be for the people by the people turns into for the party by the people...the by the people check no longer holds a balance on the parties because there are no other viable options.

This threat is eliminated when you elect a small group into almost absolute power...the check on them is that at anytime the people may vote a new dictator into power. You, of course, will say that this dictator would ignore the peoples command since he has power...thats why there would be a group of bodygaurds around this dictator at all times not only to protect him but also to protect the will of the people.

Well i believe ive strayed off topic but anyways in these latter days the foolishness and greed of the people have destroyed the hope of a benevolent democracy....The best way to curb this is to consolidate power into a small group...and hope that they will do what is best for the people. Democracy,Republic, Anarchy all must eventually crumble and most likely if they arent conquered then a more centralized government will be installed.

"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it." Robert E. Lee
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 08:21

Rule by money and coorporations.  Companies are better managed and targeted with accumulating profit, thus companies are more efficient than government.  There also would be many of them all competing ruling out one company rule.  All types of people would be targeted to be milked for money and thus no one would be as oppressed as they can be by either a dictator or a majority.  Everything would be privatized and only a very loose non corporate entity would exist to break up monopolies.

History has shown that the more open and less regimented a society is the more inventions and technology it gets.  And the more government there is, the worse run things have been, look at the Soviet Union.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 11:04
Democracy.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 20:24

I advocate a fully authoritaritive dictatorship with no congress for a time being.  The dictatorship will lead the economy under no resistance, no human rights to increase GDP, until most of the population gets to eat thrice a day. 

To me, being poor and not having enough to eat is the most malignant sin a human can be castrated into.  Therefore, I would support an authoritarian government until people feed themselves well enough, and starts thinking out of their daily struggle, in which they'll automatically rebel peacefully to topple the government to replace it into a fully capable democratic government, supported by the vast majority of people who can feed themselves had have thoughtful comments on politics.

I just don't think democracy works on a world where 1% of the population gets to own 80% of the country's wealth, and where the most an average person can think of is to feed themselves for the day.  In that country, media will easily influence the dumb poor majority - it's no better off than a dictatorship government.  At least a dictatorship government is bound to either success for failure - democracy under charlatans are bound for nowhere close to success. 

Grrr..
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 20:35
I like democracy and all but things just happen too slowly.  But I would rather have democraccy than dictatorship, atleast in this say and age.  Perhaps that is why forms of dictatorships and monarchs worked better back in history.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2005 at 07:53
Sharia government. Bring back the Caliph!!!
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2005 at 13:12
absolute monarchy ruled by a philospher king
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2005 at 16:35

Originally posted by OSMANLI

Sharia government. Bring back the Caliph!!!

Kaplan fan?

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 15:35
You are all fools.  The best run system is a wek system and not a strong one, no matter what form its in.  The industrial revolutiuon and the information age or even great science has never benefited or was made by government, it was made by smart individuals.  The best system is one that gives those people lots of money for their efforts, and the freedom to explore.
-Alexander Hamilton
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 05:12

PHILOSOPRACY!

Either philosophers be rulers or rulers be philosophers.

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 22:26
That would be the worst form of government ever, all deliberation and no action.
-Alexander Hamilton
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 03:24

Are u complately out of mind?

Just look at history...compare the time when a political entity was at the peak of its power to the time that entity witnessed the richness of its philosophers.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 20:43
Philosophers never create richness, they just can only exist when a country is rich because they are nothing but nonfunctioning parasites.  A great state is made people grounded in reality, not in sopeculation about things with no answers.  Ill trade you all my philosophers for great economists and industrialists anyday.
-Alexander Hamilton
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 04:17

By richness,what i bear in mind is the spiritual richness,not material one.

As a juwish saying goes:

''The spirit of the man is the light of the Lord.''

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 11:53
Well you can beleive in things like that, but I dont, and I dont want government money wasted on fairy tales.
-Alexander Hamilton
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 16:15
Originally posted by Tobodai

Rule by money and coorporations.  Companies are better managed and targeted with accumulating profit, thus companies are more efficient than government. 

You don't seem to have much experience of managing large corporations. Basically the rule of thumb is the larger the organisation, the more the cock-ups, whether you're talking private or public sector.

There also would be many of them all competing ruling out one company rule.  All types of people would be targeted to be milked for money and thus no one would be as oppressed as they can be by either a dictator or a majority.  Everything would be privatized and only a very loose non corporate entity would exist to break up monopolies.

History has shown that the more open and less regimented a society is the more inventions and technology it gets.  And the more government there is, the worse run things have been, look at the Soviet Union.

Don't disagree with that. But the main reason that most companies are more effective than most governments is that on the whole they're smaller. The other major reason is that they can kick out and not bother with anyone who can't contribute.

A government can't fire its people., no matter how incompetent they are.  

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 19:48
Heres something for Tobo:
http://www.petermaass.com/core.cfm?p=1&mag=51&magt ype=1

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 22:57

Hahaaaw you just made my day!

Maybe I have a new favorite country?  Who knows, my current views are only a matter of the times, in the past there are time when I like big government, it depends on the place and era really.

-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12