Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry vs Bush

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Poll Question: Who will you vote for and why?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
57 [44.19%]
59 [45.74%]
11 [8.53%]
2 [1.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry vs Bush
    Posted: 21-Aug-2004 at 16:46

And yes, the US should have WAY more than the 2 retarted parties we have now!

It's easy to get multiple parties, don't vote for a democrat or a republican!

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 06:13
Originally posted by JanusRook

And yes, the US should have WAY more than the 2 retarted parties we have now!

It's easy to get multiple parties, don't vote for a democrat or a republican!

I think you have like a hundred or so parties. Green (Nader), Libertarian (Badnarik) among other.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 06:52

I'm sure American once agian show their intelligence by voting Bush!

Long Live Bush The Great

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 13:10

or thier lack therof, but hll I cant blame you, if I was living in Iran I would like Bush too!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 05:16
Both suck without doubt...But even this bush seems a better choice than Kerry
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 07:27

Bush would be the "better" choice only if he faced a clone of his. In that case one would have a problem to pick the less worst clone

And even though I tend to believe that Kerry is going to be the most right-wing Democrat ever in the White House (or at least in the last 60 years) I still find it completely, utterly and unimaginably stupid for anyone to vote Bush the Idiot over him.  Truly, if Bush wins this election, my (already extremely low) opinion for the political mind of the American majority shall sink in the lowest unnamed depths of the Tartara

Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 07:51
Originally posted by Rebelsoul

Truly, if Bush wins this election, my (already extremely low) opinion for the political mind of the American majority shall sink in the lowest unnamed depths of the Tartara
Which I am sure will devastate Americans everywhere...  
Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 08:20

Originally posted by Bryan

Which I am sure will devastate Americans everywhere...  

I find it quite funny how dismissive of the opinion of anyone around the globe some of you people are... I think it's time to find out that besides your own little backyard (which is yours to do as pleases you) you are messing up with the whole world (which ain't yours). So, it's rather self-evident that all of us are interested in your elections and that we are pissed off when you screw up big time (like you did with Presidente Bush the Stupid).

If you really don't care about anyone's opinion, I am quite sure you can do so without posting ironic remarks. 

DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 08:35
May I ask for your reasons for disliking Bush, preferably giving precise explanations?  I would like to explain why I, at least, will still vote for him.
Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 08:57

Why I dislike Bush jr.

an incoherent and definitely unfinished list by Rebelsoul

1. He is an idiot.

2. He is an extreme right-wing idiot - that is a dangerous idiot.

3. He is a figurehead and the powergroups behind him are the most dangerous around, for both the American people and the rest of the world.

4. He hasn't got the mental capability to be president of the last Banana Republic, not USA. And after an extremely intelligent guy in the White House (Clinton - whatever you can tell about him, you can't deny that he is very smart) it is not the best thing to have an uneducated moron as president.

5. His administration is marked by TWO invasions of sovereign countries in less than two years. Two. Invasions. WARS. Even if he was decent in any other aspect (he ain't, but if)  I would loathe any president who uses raw force like that, invading any country around in the most amoralistic way to achieve whatever economical, political and especially geostrategical goals his puppet-masters are aiming for.

6. He is a servant of the repulsive groups of the extreme right: Religious fanatics, hypocritic moralists, gun-lovers, white supremacists, anti-abortionists and all other lunatics that in a more democratic country would be a tiny, funny minority but in USA are dictating federal policy.

7. He is the least sensitive to environmental issues president USA ever had. Period. With Bush (read: those behind Bush) in the administration, there is no light regarding environmental issues.

8. He (and the groups who control him) are completely and utterly dismissive of the international community, law and order. They believe (and show off in every opportunity) that (their) might makes right and that USA has the right to screw the world, if that leads to their wellbeing.

There are many, many more but I can't be bothered all the (around 10.000 ) reasons I dislike Bush.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 11:23

you are messing up with the whole world (which ain't yours).

What do you mean it isn't?

(sorry that was some light hearted humor)

Now Rebelsoul I believe you are being a little too unfair on the president.

1. He is an idiot.

This would seem to be true, if you look online you'll find that G. Dub has an IQ of 91 (the lowest of any president in the past 50 yrs)

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President GW Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA (awarded for academic merit or because of daddies money and position ????), and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking."

So this IQ score is based on his absence of scholarly achievements rather than a lack of intelligence. I myself would probably have an IQ similar to Mr. Bush's, I have not writen a book and I haven't made many speeches in my life time. And I only have a high school diploma.

Also remember the only US president to prove his IQ is Jimmy Carter with an IQ of 175.

Source: http://www.expage.com/notowaroniraq14

2. He is an extreme right-wing idiot - that is a dangerous idiot.

Can't argue with extreme right wing as the political compass seems to agree with you there however that doesn't make him necessarily dangerous.

As this website states he isn't far off from Ariel Sharon and Margaret Thatcher, are these people dangerous idiots?

Source: http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/analysis2.h tml

3. He is a figurehead and the powergroups behind him are the most dangerous around, for both the American people and the rest of the world.

Groups that support bush:

People of Color United (an organization dedicated to the welfare of black americans)

Citizens United (an organization that believes in small gov't and national sovereignty and security)

To be fair though he's also supported by the National Rifle Association and Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Then again in politics you can't pick your friends.

Edited by JanusRook

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 11:24

Source: http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/interestg/interestgads/igads theme.html

4. He hasn't got the mental capability to be president of the last Banana Republic, not USA. And after an extremely intelligent guy in the White House (Clinton - whatever you can tell about him, you can't deny that he is very smart) it is not the best thing to have an uneducated moron as president.

He received a bachelor's degree from Yale University in 1968

President Bush received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975

That's more education than I could ever hope to achieve.

Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

5. His administration is marked by TWO invasions of sovereign countries in less than two years. Two. Invasions. WARS. Even if he was decent in any other aspect (he ain't, but if)  I would loathe any president who uses raw force like that, invading any country around in the most amoralistic way to achieve whatever economical, political and especially geostrategical goals his puppet-masters are aiming for.

So you hate FDR and Truman for WW2, Eisenhower for Korea, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon for Vietnam, Reagan for Guantanamo, Bush Sr. for the first Iraq conflict, Clinton for the Balkans.....

6. He is a servant of the repulsive groups of the extreme right: Religious fanatics, hypocritic moralists, gun-lovers, white supremacists, anti-abortionists and all other lunatics that in a more democratic country would be a tiny, funny minority but in USA are dictating federal policy.

Source, please.

7. He is the least sensitive to environmental issues president USA ever had. Period. With Bush (read: those behind Bush) in the administration, there is no light regarding environmental issues.

Environmental issues have never been extremely important in US elections so Bush doesn't have to show much concern over the environment. I know that that's just an opinion of mine so I'll let others see if that's a valid statement
Source (not really a source but hey it works) http://www.issues2000.org/George_W__Bush_Environment.htm

8. He (and the groups who control him) are completely and utterly dismissive of the international community, law and order. They believe (and show off in every opportunity) that (their) might makes right and that USA has the right to screw the world, if that leads to their wellbeing.

I think appointing Colin Powell as Foreign Relations was a smart move by Bush to smooth over tensions in the international community. Anyway all of America is chauvanistic because compared to the rest of the world we have no problems so the they you talk about is us.

Now mind you I do not support Bush, and I will not vote for Bush, but you can't just make opinionated and uninformed statements (If I have done so please bring it up and I will apologize immediately.)

DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 13:13

Why do you think he is a figure head?  He gets a lot of funding, but that doesn't mean he isn't making the decisions.  Also, why do you think right wing is dangerous?  They aggresively defend the nation, it is true, and could be dangerous to the rest of the world IF attacked, but only IF attacked.  And they protect the American people better than the (usually globalist) left wing.  What is dangerous about being proponents of free trade, or of capitalism?  That is why our nation is prosperous.

4. He hasn't got the mental capability to be president of the last Banana Republic, not USA. And after an extremely intelligent guy in the White House (Clinton - whatever you can tell about him, you can't deny that he is very smart) it is not the best thing to have an uneducated moron as president.

Just kinda slow, but quite smart.  I know many people who are not quick, but still are very smart when given time.

We were attacked, and they were harboring terrorists in one case and in the other gave every indication of intending to attack us sooner or later.

Hmm, I'm a repulsive lunatic.  Except for the white supremacist part.  So was almost everybody before 1900.

7. He is the least sensitive to environmental issues president USA ever had. Period. With Bush (read: those behind Bush) in the administration, there is no light regarding environmental issues.

Human safety and well-being comes above the environment, which is resilient.

I agree that the might of the US is dangerous, but as yet they have not shown that they are intent on "screwing " the world.  Just defending rather aggresively.  And as for the UN, they have shown themselves almost entirely useless in helping protect the innocent.

Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 13:33

I find it quite funny how dismissive of the opinion of anyone around the globe some of you people are... I think it's time to find out that besides your own little backyard (which is yours to do as pleases you) you are messing up with the whole world (which ain't yours). So, it's rather self-evident that all of us are interested in your elections and that we are pissed off when you screw up big time (like you did with Presidente Bush the Stupid).

If you really don't care about anyone's opinion, I am quite sure you can do so without posting ironic remarks. 

I'm quite aware of what is taking place in the world, and of the many opinions that are flying around about not only the USA's elections, but also the opinions about the people of the US as well. The only reason I said what I did was because to me, that comment made me think that Americans should be be ashamed of themselves if Bush is elected for a second term; that your opinion should change the minds of those that vote in these elections. That was my first impression, anyways. Anyways, you find it funny that my comment seemed dismissive, when in fact, I was stating a fact, albeit sarcastically; that fact being that Americans, or a good many of the voters, anyways, will not vote based on the opinions of other countries' peoples, but rather what they think is best for them. The fact that some Americans' opinions might coincide with yours means just that they think that Kerry in this election would be better, not that your opinion(s) have influenced them, although it just may have with some voters. Anyways, I like your passion of generalizing Americans... it seems to be real common in this day and age, and even to be an acceptable past-time for some... anyways, since we're stating opinions, it is mine that your view, while it may be popular with some, is just a regular dislike for the US and its voters. I'm not saying that because you dislike Bush, jr., I'm just saying that you seem to have a great dislike for Americans today... Bush just may be an easy front to attack with... just my opinion...

Oh, by the way, I didn't dismiss your opinion. I actually used it to categorize you into a certain group in my mind...

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 16:06
Hell, I know Ill loose respect for my own damn people is Bush wins re-election.  It would take someone hard core to support Bush after everything that has gone wrong, which seems to be everything that possibly could have gone wrong period.  I also predict that for once iafter a long long time, the military vote (certainly the military family vote) will actually turn out against the president, most remarkably so for reservists and part timers who have been or will be in Iraw for a year or more.
-Alexander Hamilton
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 17:28

Originally posted by Tobodai

Hell, I know Ill loose respect for my own damn people is Bush wins re-election.  It would take someone hard core to support Bush after everything that has gone wrong, which seems to be everything that possibly could have gone wrong period.  I also predict that for once iafter a long long time, the military vote (certainly the military family vote) will actually turn out against the president, most remarkably so for reservists and part timers who have been or will be in Iraw for a year or more.

What has gone wrong?  This is what I expected the war to be....

Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 19:32

Groups that support bush:

People of Color United (an organization dedicated to the welfare of black Americans)

It's doubtful that this group has ever received a dime from a black person.  In fact, it's primary financier is a rich white guy, and begun by a white guy.

[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 21:54
Originally posted by DSMyers1

Originally posted by Tobodai

What has gone wrong?  This is what I expected the war to be....

that may be so, but the government certainly dint.  Remember Cheney saying they will great us with flowers in the streets?  There was no post war plan.  I was always against this war because I know Middle Eastern History and I knew we would loose more than gained from this silly adventure.  Saddam was an evil BUT secular dictator, by removing him all these terrorist nutballs who werent there before came out of th ewoodwork.  The invasion of Iraq has increased the hatred towards us, the amount of terrorist in Iraq has increased, hell we have aided the enemy!

Osama probably has millions of new potential recruits because of the Iraq invasion and the prison scandals.  If I were Osama I would want George Bush to win re-election as an integral plan of mine to boost my power and prestige!

-Alexander Hamilton
Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 02:54
Very interesting replies, folks. I'll try to formulate some articulate reply later, when I'll have the time
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 04:43

Here's a slightly modified version of the message I posted to the same thread before it got deleted. Why Bush II sucks, for both Americans and the world;

- Terrible environmental record:
Both in domestic and in international issues. Bush II scrapped the Kyoto treaty. His regime is actually Lysenkoist, denying the proven fact that human activity is causing environmental change. Ignoring the ever larger hurricanes hitting the US (direct result of global warming) or tens of thousands killed in the recent heatwaves. (Oil and auto companies are very happy.)

- Ignored warnings on Al Qaida before Sept. 11:
They ignored the threat and planned instead on attacking Iraq from the very beginning. Condy faced a commission on the issue. Sent Bin-Ladins back home without questioning them. Never admitted to any mistakes in administration, nobody ever quitted or removed from duty.
- Ignores Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty:
Tries to develop new nukes instead of trying to get rid of those they already have. Pissing off Russia and calling for a new armaments race. (Arms manufacturers are very happy.)

- Lied to the American public about Al Qaeda motives, could not sort out Afganistan after attacking and occupying it despite installing a puppet government.

- Damaged American foreign policy:
Weakened the UN, which is actually a tool for American world dominance. Weakened the NATO, which is even more a tool for American dominance. Soured relations with; China, Turkey, France, Germany, and many other European states, also the muslim states and especially the Arab League. Not only invaded 2 muslim countries (1 Arab), but also declared that he supports the Sharon plan for Palestine, after his roadmap fell apart. American popularity is at an all time low around the world at the moment. What makes these achievements even more remarkable is that the world's opinion of America was very high and positive immediately after Sept. 11 2001. He managed to destroy it in a year! To distract the populace he blamed the French for everything, who renamed the French fries.
He and his administration showed great contempt to all democratic governments, who sided with their people and opposed the US. He bribed and coerced many weak countries and irresponsible leaders into a 'coalition of the willing'. He had tons of praise for leaders like Aznar and Berlusconi who ignored the fact that 80-90 percent of their people opposed a war in Iraq without UN clearance.

- Started trade wars by rising illegal trade barriers, condemned by the WTO. (Free trade oh yeah.)

- Increased budget deficit to record highs. Instead of remedying it he gave the rich tax breaks following the Reaganomics trickle-down formula, proven time and again not to work at all (to quote his daddy on Reaganomics; 'this is not economics, this is voodoo'). Not to mention starting wars. (Guess who is happy?)

- Responsible for a number of human rights abuses and ignoring  international humanitarian law such as the Geneva conventions. In Afganistan, in Guantanamo bay, in Iraq, in USA itself. Passed big brother laws such as the Patriot Act turning the US into a proto-police state. His military service records got 'accidentally destroyed' at the Pentagon.

- Supports a number of oppressive regimes and dictatorships, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, to name a few.

- Last but not least, he is responsible for the Iraq mess.
He invaded illegally, on false pretexts, without any justification at all. Lied to and deceived the American public, and tried to do the same to the rest of the world. Directly responsible for the death of 10000+ Iraqis majority of whom are civilians, and something like 1000 others. Illegally sold Iraq's infrastructure and oil to the likes of Halliburton (nobody asked the Iraqi people if they'd like to sell their national assets to foreign firms). Responsible for the loss of life due to chaos and priceless treasures stolen from Iraqi archeological museums, since his troops were protecting the oil fields instead of museums and homes, schools, etc. Ignored the warnings of all major western intelligence agencies including his own CIA that an invasion of Iraq would increase the Islamic terror threat. Couldn't pacify Iraq despite installation of a puppet government, turned it into a terorrist haven instead, couldn't profit from the oil even, since the ongoing insugency caused the oil prices to reach record highs. (Halliburton is really happy.)

- Finally a personal note, I find his manners repugnant. He is very uncouth and arrogant. Bush's lack of taste is of epic proportions; he jokes about looking for WMD in his office while people are dying in Iraq. This also shows immaturity, if not a lack of IQ. When I see him speak, I feel that I am more eloquent in English, even though I am not a native speaker. It seems some of you think IQ, English ability and manners are irrelevant to rule the US. In that case I recommend that you elect Koko the gorilla for president;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3548246.stm

Koko, who has an IQ of between 75 and 95, was found to be in good health.

Koko uses a sign language of 1,000 gestures to communicate with humans and can understand 2,000 words of spoken English.

Just teach her to say 'he's a bad guy, he's evil. we love freedom, they hate freedom' with sign language (she can already use it), and voila!

They even look somewhat similar...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>