Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invading Russia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invading Russia
    Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 18:53

If you want to invade Russia, go tell the oppressed people in "russia's" vast land and they would be glad be do you something good, and go ask for help from the Japanese and Chinese and the central asian countries, I am sure they want a share and take back some lost territories.

By the way, your invasion is too optimistic, how can you just go straight in?

Idanthyrus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Idanthyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2005 at 19:21

Dont forget that the Great King of Persia, Darius I Hystapes the Achaemenid also invaded Russia and was eventually defeated.

The Scythian strategy was to draw the Persians deep into Russia and force Darius over-extend his supply lines, exposing them to attack. Ironically is was only by the unexpectedly strong loyalty of his historically least trustworthy subjects, the Ionian Greeks, that Darius was able to escape the Ukrainian stepe with his life.

I think that history has shown that it is impossible to conquer a land as vast as Russia with out the help of local allies.

El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 03:17
Well, you know what they say: "Poke a Russian, and they will bleed Mongol blood
I'm awake, I'm awake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123