Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most heroic place of your country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most heroic place of your country
    Posted: 02-May-2005 at 09:46

Sure , it was inevitable ....a small army stretched in a front line of 1.000 klms , without the chance of fresh troops , is doomed , from every ,military book that exists.The strange thing , is how they managed to go so far...long thin lines of supplies in ammunition and provisions ....exactly the nightmare of every army. Exactly what happened to Hitler's army when he reached Moscow and Napoleon's too.

same for the turkish army

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 10:25

And lots of colleges and even high schools didnt have any graduates for a couple of years. This shows the average age of a regular Turkish boy who joined the war with his own will and attacked to die. And after that, Beshiktash JK and Istanbulspor added a black color in their uniforms for the memory of all those young boys sacrificing their lives easily. If you dare to come and visit the museums and martyrdoms in Gallipoli, and have a look at those tens, hundreds of thousands of graves, you would realize that most of them were only young villagers who knew they will die when they fought. Even those young boys' letters to their mothers are kept in those museums and noone can read them without crying.

There happened lots of tragic things during the war. For example, some Turkish soldiers took off their white under wear to declare peace for a couple of minutes, leaved their fronts, grabbed the injured and yelling Anzac/British soldiers and helped them. The enemy soldiers threw each other ciggarettes and food packs. And they sitted and used them together with the small breaks that they gave to the war. These arent recorded from Turkish soldiers' speeches, but British generals'. And the memory of Gallipoli is very tragic for all those soldiers who fought there, especially Turks and Anzacs.

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 11:05
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And lots of colleges and even high schools didnt have any graduates for a couple of years. This shows the average age of a regular Turkish boy who joined the war with his own will and attacked to die. And after that, Beshiktash JK and Istanbulspor added a black color in their uniforms for the memory of all those young boys sacrificing their lives easily. If you dare to come and visit the museums and martyrdoms in Gallipoli, and have a look at those tens, hundreds of thousands of graves, you would realize that most of them were only young villagers who knew they will die when they fought. Even those young boys' letters to their mothers are kept in those museums and noone can read them without crying.

Oguz....Dont give me the cheap drama version....In all wars happen the same. U were at war , u had casualties ....what is so dramatic about that ?The dead from the allied forses were not equally young boys ?? Dare to come ??? I dare U to come here and see one memorial after the other in all Greece...Especialy Greeks have seen too many memporials and have too many memories from all kind of wars..

There happened lots of tragic things during the war. For example, some Turkish soldiers took off their white under wear to declare peace for a couple of minutes, leaved their fronts, grabbed the injured and yelling Anzac/British soldiers and helped them. The enemy soldiers threw each other ciggarettes and food packs. And they sitted and used them together with the small breaks that they gave to the war. These arent recorded from Turkish soldiers' speeches, but British generals'. And the memory of Gallipoli is very tragic for all those soldiers who fought there, especially Turks and Anzacs.

Agreed .... War is a very tragic incident and there r many incidents that common soldiers befriend each other...But the point is not the war and the casualties and the tragic insidents.....

As u remember the topic is about the heroic monuments in each other's country....And all u were able to produce is Gallipoli....A rather poor collection i would say...

Isk.

Edited by iskenderani
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 12:01

Qguz....Dont give me the cheap drama version....In all wars happen the same. U were at war , u had casualties ....what is so dramatic about that ?The dead from the allied forses were not equally young boys ?? Dare to come ??? I dare U to come here and see one memorial after the other in all Greece...Especialy Greeks have seen too many memporials and have too many memories from all kind of wars..

First of all, my nick is Oguzoglu, not qguz or something like that.

The thing that is so dramatic about it is very well known by all Turks, and Anzacs whose grandsons visit Gallipoli every year with the grandsons of those Turkish soldiers. If you couldnt figure out what is dramatic about this, try some research and maybe you can reach some more complicated info about the war. If this isnt enough again, it means you arent a human being who have no sense of the tragedy in a war with casualities of millions of young lives in such dramatic and conflict conditions.

As I wrote, I also mentioned that the war was also dramatic for the invader forces, especially Anzacs who were forced to fight with us by British generals gambling in their luxury warships during the war. This is why there are tens of monuments and martyrdoms for all Anzac and British, French soldiers. I think this is enough dramatic for a war which had the biggest casualities according to most of the others in that times and which has lots of tragic memories that still makes the grandsons of all those dead soldiers meet at Gallipoli  regularly every year.

As in every single topic changing posts of yours, I witnessed again that you are trying to change the topic into another Turkish-Greek conflict. How the hell could you combine the war of Gallipoli with the "holy heroic history" of yours? Did I say anything about Greeks not having any heroic places of wars? NO. The topic is about the MOST HEROIC PLACE OF YOUR COUNTRY, and all of us think Gallipoli is the most heroic place of our country. If you have things to say about your heroic places in your country, just hold on to the topic and say what your decision is. Why are you always in need of argueing us in every single topic that has nothing to do with any single Greek thing? I'm fed up with your childhood, just dont change the topic, UNDERSTOOD???

Edited by Oguzoglu
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 12:42

Yes Oguz..sorry i mistyped it ....As ur nick is long , as mine too , i use a short cut of it , as i use in mine..

The thing that is so dramatic about it is very well known by all Turks, and Anzacs whose grandsons visit Gallipoli every year with the grandsons of those Turkish soldiers. If you couldnt figure out what is dramatic about this, try some research and maybe you can reach some more complicated info about the war. If this isnt enough again, it means you arent a human being who have no sense of the tragedy in a war with casualities of millions of young lives in such dramatic and conflict conditions.

We agree in here , and i fail to see why u dramatise it so much .There were millions of graves in the Eastern Front , in WWII and millions of graves in devastated Germany in the end of war , but either the Rusians , or the Germans are doing a big fuss about it...War is war...

So it is rather suspicious when u make so big a noise about Gallipoli , pointing to the one and only battle fought with almost equal terms , and not lose it , making it the most heroic place of all ur 1000 years history...

As I wrote, I also mentioned that the war was also dramatic for the invader forces, especially Anzacs who were forced to fight with us by British generals gambling in their luxury warships during the war. This is why there are tens of monuments and martyrdoms for all Anzac and British, French soldiers. I think this is enough dramatic for a war which had the biggest casualities according to most of the others in that times and which has lots of tragic memories that still makes the grandsons of all those dead soldiers meet at Gallipoli  regularly every year.

Yes...its also good for politics and tourism...U fail though to understand that it was exactly my point. BOTH sides had casualties. I was greatly surprised to see that u had an absolute knowledge of what were the British generals doing ### by British generals gambling in their luxury warships during the war ###..Seems that u are very well informed. I dint see it in the link i provided u.

As in every single topic changing posts of yours, I witnessed again that you are trying to change the topic into another Turkish-Greek conflict. How the hell could you combine the war of Gallipoli with the "holy heroic history" of yours? Did I say anything about Greeks not having any heroic places of wars? NO.

So u fail to understand why i wrote this ehhh?? Will it be good for u to re-read what u wrote , inviting me there to have a look at the place...Upon this i answered that i dont have to because in every step i make here i stumble in monuments and heroic places...

So keep the cheap trick of who changed the subject to urself..

The topic is about the MOST HEROIC PLACE OF YOUR COUNTRY, and all of us think Gallipoli is the most heroic place of our country.

Good for u ....i didnt doubt what u do . I wondered IF this was the only heroic place of a 1000 years history , of ur country. Seems i was right though , as u say it again.

If you have things to say about your heroic places in your country, just hold on to the topic and say what your decision is.

As some body else pointed out the whole ground of Greece is a heroic place...I dont have to add anything else.

Why are you always in need of argueing us in every single topic that has nothing to do with any single Greek thing? I'm fed up with your childhood, just dont change the topic, UNDERSTOOD???

NO . It is rather u , that u MUST , understand at last , that critisism is NOT argueing...

It is you who act childisly. Everytime someone critisizes u Turks , he is either attacking u , or argueing with u , or whatever. U MUST understand that NOBODY is willing to accept whatever trash u r trying to pass as history or heroic.  

So if u dont want the subject to change , try to keep on it..And IF u r fed up with my critisism ....i will tell u the easy way out. Dont answer and dont provoke me to answer to u.Clear enough for u to understand ??

Isk.

Edited by iskenderani
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 14:01
we say gallipoli because lots of acts of bravery happened in that war.Not just beacuse we won.Seit onbas......
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 14:03
Originally posted by iskenderani

Yes Oguz..sorry i mistyped it ....As ur nick is long , as mine too , i use a short cut of it , as i use in mine..

We agree in here , and i fail to see why u dramatise it so much .There were millions of graves in the Eastern Front , in WWII and millions of graves in devastated Germany in the end of war , but either the Rusians , or the Germans are doing a big fuss about it...War is war...

So it is rather suspicious when u make so big a noise about Gallipoli , pointing to the one and only battle fought with almost equal terms , and not lose it , making it the most heroic place of all ur 1000 years history...

Yes...its also good for politics and tourism...U fail though to understand that it was exactly my point. BOTH sides had casualties. I was greatly surprised to see that u had an absolute knowledge of what were the British generals doing ### by British generals gambling in their luxury warships during the war ###..Seems that u are very well informed. I dint see it in the link i provided u.

As in every single topic changing posts of yours, I witnessed again that you are trying to change the topic into another Turkish-Greek conflict. How the hell could you combine the war of Gallipoli with the "holy heroic history" of yours? Did I say anything about Greeks not having any heroic places of wars? NO.

So u fail to understand why i wrote this ehhh?? Will it be good for u to re-read what u wrote , inviting me there to have a look at the place...Upon this i answered that i dont have to because in every step i make here i stumble in monuments and heroic places...

So keep the cheap trick of who changed the subject to urself..

The topic is about the MOST HEROIC PLACE OF YOUR COUNTRY, and all of us think Gallipoli is the most heroic place of our country.

Good for u ....i didnt doubt what u do . I wondered IF this was the only heroic place of a 1000 years history , of ur country. Seems i was right though , as u say it again.

If you have things to say about your heroic places in your country, just hold on to the topic and say what your decision is.

As some body else pointed out the whole ground of Greece is a heroic place...I dont have to add anything else.

Why are you always in need of argueing us in every single topic that has nothing to do with any single Greek thing? I'm fed up with your childhood, just dont change the topic, UNDERSTOOD???

NO . It is rather u , that u MUST , understand at last , that critisism is NOT argueing...

It is you who act childisly. Everytime someone critisizes u Turks , he is either attacking u , or argueing with u , or whatever. U MUST understand that NOBODY is willing to accept whatever trash u r trying to pass as history or heroic.  

So if u dont want the subject to change , try to keep on it..And IF u r fed up with my critisism ....i will tell u the easy way out. Dont answer and dont provoke me to answer to u.Clear enough for u to understand ??

Isk.

Equa terms,we won blahblahblahblah.Have you ever been to Gallipoli?

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 16:43
shut up both of you now
im getting pissed
aknc,
don't worry about him.
remember though, it takes 2 to argue.
rise above what is below (what i hope is) your intelligence and let him prattle on

Edited by white dragon
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 21:11

Originally posted by white dragon

shut up both of you now
im getting pissed

Beware whom u addressing like this ...the shut up goes back at u and if u r pissed or if u r not i dont give a damn..

aknc,
don't worry about him.

Do u see me addressing this child of 14 ? I have stoped having any conversation with this child cause its inability to understand complec thoughts...Nevertheless , he keeps on coming at me trying to catch my attention..

rise above what is below (what i hope is) your intelligence and let him prattle on

Good advice...i hope he will listen to u.

Isk.

Edited by iskenderani
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 00:33

iskenderani, you still couldn't understand how to quote in AE. Think about it a little bit. Not much.......... Try to increase your capacity of understanding; "what is going on around me?".

I am not expecting much from what you understand that you read.

But use your mind. (or you were still using) 

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 00:56
I went hiking here with my older brother in the state of Arizona. For 15 years his small band of warrirors fought off the U.S. military.

Cochise Stronghold

This rugged natural fortress was, for some 15 years, the home and base of operations for the famed Chiricahua Apache Chief, Cochise. Cochise and about 1,000 of his followers, of whom some 250 were warriors, located here. Sentinels, constantly on watch from the towering pinnacles of rock, could spot their enemies in the valley below and sweep down without warning in destructive raids. No man, woman or child within a hundred miles was safe from these attacks.... see link

http://www.cochisestronghold.com/
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 04:06
Originally posted by Alparslan

iskenderani, you still couldn't understand how to quote in AE. Think about it a little bit. Not much.......... Try to increase your capacity of understanding; "what is going on around me?".

Everybody has a style in answering....Sorry , i like mine...As for understanding ....lets forget it ....it is starnge that u use this word..

I am not expecting much from what you understand that you read.

Have i disapointed u ?? I am sorry ...I was equaly disapointed when , ALL the Turks co-forumers, failed to answer my simple questions...

But use your mind. (or you were still using) 

This last phrase of urs , needs refrasing....Try it..

Isk.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 09:07

Do u see me addressing this child of 14 ? I have stoped having any conversation with this child cause its inability to understand complec thoughts...Nevertheless , he keeps on coming at me trying to catch my attention..

complex thouts?You did not have a worthy argument for gallipoli

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 10:40

I want to announce to our turkish members, that I don't want to offend them. This was for beginning.  Bulgarian most heroic place is Shipka where Suleiman pasha was defeated from Russian army with the big help of Bulgarian volunteers forces!

This is it:

Everybody listen only this which understands.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 12:45

This might stir some controversy but both sides fought in a heroic manner and yes the Mexicans were defending the homefront from yankee invaders. Like the native tribes fought the Spanish and Mexican as invaders.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 13:20

Originally posted by white dragon

shut up both of you now
im getting pissed
aknc,
don't worry about him.

You are right white dragon, I was being provoked and bored to argue with worthess minds.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 18:22
Originally posted by eaglecap

This might stir some controversy but both sides fought in a heroic manner and yes the Mexicans were defending the homefront from yankee invaders. Like the native tribes fought the Spanish and Mexican as invaders.

El Alamo ? Coahuila state ? American , europeand and mexican settlers revolting against the Mexican goverment and caught figthing under Mexican Flag ?
No doubt the texicans / tejanos ( Not americans ) fought bravely. But they had no option. They were left behind by Houston and Fannin who decided to wait for the Mexican Army at Goliad ( Goliad's garrison was defeated, captured and summary executed as well ).

Santa Anna was brutal on Victory.
El Alamo de Parras was nothing compared with Santa Anna's victory in Zacatecas.

Last time that the Old No Quarter Flag flew in battle

http://www2.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/alamo.htm

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 18:26

He fought against the Abbassid caliphate and killed thousands and thousands of Iranian Muslims and Arabs before he was finally betrayed. The Mullahs have placed a ban on the gathering but it still happens without fail every year.

I like this site; it is so funny: http://www.azerturk.50megs.com/babakkhorramdin.htm

They call Azerbaijan a country in the 7th c (lol).

Here is a far more accurate synoposis: http://www.payvand.com/news/04/jul/1071.html

Babak is  derived from the Iranian name Papak and Khorramdin literally means "happy religion" a concept which he promoted with his alternative to Islam.

Originally posted by azimuth

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It is said when Babak was finally arrested and his arm was first cut off, he dabbed the blood on his face with his other hand. The Caliph asked Babak what he was doing and Babak replied: "Because I am bleeding, I was worried my face may turn pale. I wanted to make sure no one gets the impression that I was scared of death..."

If it is not called "Chauvinism", every year in late June thousands of Iranians gather at Babak Castle for the annual commemoration of Babak Khorramdin.

which Caliphat was that one

and why does the iranians visit the castle, i mean does the mullas say something about it? i guess he will be considered "Kafer" or disbeliver

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 19:19

One of the most heroic places in Mexico is Castle of Chapultepec, where the cadets of the Militar Academy fought and died resisting the american assault to the Castle on Sep 13, 1847.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:29
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

One of the most heroic places in Mexico is Castle of Chapultepec, where the cadets of the Militar Academy fought and died resisting the american assault to the Castle on Sep 13, 1847.

Beautiful- I can see the Roman/Greek influences!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>