Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women warriors.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women warriors.
    Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 09:27
Originally posted by Sparten

"Real fighting women"?  Ma'am these are fanatsy.
Yes, I did get that...Wink

LOL Great article, Sparten...
I disagree with him pretty much everywhere though...

And if you don't mind me being sexist for a second here,

For a second? Damn! This guy is the most sexist I ever came across... OuchLOL Chauvinist pig. Commenting on women who died for their country... dissaproving because they did not look good while doing it...
I'd like to see him fighting a trech war and still wax his legs. It seems pretty clear he did not die fighting...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 11:45

I'm not saying it didn't happen. Until the 20th century, most European armies were all-volunteer in the traditional way, meaning if a press gang caught you in a dark alley and you had two arms and legs, they'd knock you on the head and when you woke up, you were in uniform, having volunteered while you were out cold.

Soldiering wasn't an elite profession, more like a way to avoid hanging. Some armies, like the 18th-century Prussians', were officered by local boys but soldiered by any scum the press gangs could grab.

LolLOL
You do realise he was being sarcastic. And most of his points are spot on. If delivered rather crudely.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 11:53
Yes, I did get the sarcasm...Tongue Really funny guy... 

Still, I have a feeling that in his heart, he believes quite a bit of it...Wink

Edited by Aelfgifu - 06-Apr-2007 at 11:54

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 11:56
And BTW shaving is a mandatory requirement in the field. Hygenine reasons. At least in the pakistan Army.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 12:25
Your legs too?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 12:53
Reccomended but not necessary. facial and pubic hair is a big no no.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 13:41
Pubic hair? Eeehm... might one ask... do they check? Stern%20Smile

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 14:44
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Hmm - just in case, maybe it's a good time for a Brazilian wax job! Ouch! That should be mandatory for men! I'll volunteer to check them!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 15:45

The fact is, any US soldier or vehicle, anywhere in Iraq, is a target, so banning women from certain kinds of service doesn't do a thing to keep them safe. It just means your Congressmember can send off a form letter saying he did his best to keep our daughters out of the Ramadi Inn where Jessica Lynch stayed before she got fake-rescued. In other words, it's all a crock.

A bit misleading. Quite a few women serve in the MP brigades. Since Iraq is nothing more then a police action there's a large amount of women in the mess of things. There's more reasons for keeping them out of combat arms units then just keeping them out of harms way. Personally when no bases are established I prefer not to have women due to hygiene reasons. They really stink after 3ish days with no proper shower. Baby wipes only do so much.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 16:08
After 3 days of in the field lost of things stink. They are many reasons to keep women out of combat but that is not one of them.

They don't need to, since in those conditions
1) NOTHING is private. (no pun intended)
2) If you did not they would find out. Its amazing what lack of hygine can do to a man.

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 16:30

After 3 days of in the field lost of things stink. They are many reasons to keep women out of combat but that is not one of them.

They don't need to, since in those conditions
1) NOTHING is private. (no pun intended)
2) If you did not they would find out. Its amazing what lack of hygine can do to a man.

Have you been to the field with women? I have on many occasions. I wasn't saying that was the reason to keep them out of combat arms units either. I was a NCO in aviation units(U.S. army) so had lots of dealings with women soldiers. In the field you don't realize the stink until you come out and people tell you how much you stink. However you do realize when women smell in the field no matter what. Especially if your confined in a tent with 12-14 other people you'll definitely know the difference. This isn't to say all women stink horribly but a lot of the younger ones don't know how to care of themselves well. Difficult for a male NCO that has to council her I might add.

Red Army Sniper WW2

Edited by Gundamor - 06-Apr-2007 at 16:42
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2007 at 16:51

No I was never in the field with women. I was an NCC (national cadet corps) which is sort of an ROTC. Come war time would have been garrison troops.

The main arguments I can think of from my very limited experience, is that

1) lack of upper body strength
2) young men and women in the field, not a good idea

And yours sir will be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234