Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinions about War in Iraq...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Poll Question: Is American and her allied forces in Iraq justified?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.41%]
16 [43.24%]
11 [29.73%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinions about War in Iraq...
    Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 20:23
Originally posted by The Grim Reaper

omshanti:

I certainly do not see this as a conflict between Americans and Arabs this is a unique conflict between the Arabs who have been victimized since 1948, and the Israelis who have been the benefactors of Western powers due largely to Zionist influences first in the United Kingdom, and in the latter part of the last century, the United States. This conflict is about how one side whether Israeli or Arab, American or Muslim refuses to acknowledge that the person on the other side is a human being, flesh and blood like you and I. Maybe one day we can all begin to see each other as people instead of as the enemy and perhaps that day we will have peace.

Perhaps. But when we still see the differences and blaming at one another without any will to listen to others... Nope, I don't expect to see this peace in my lifetime.

And Arabs like to see that they are suffering because of the evil Jews. Well, that's how the conflicts start. You claim that when we can all see each other as people instead of enemy, but your argument directly attacks the Jews. Yes, the Jews established their land without any agreements from the Arabs. But does that give you a valid reason to attack back with violence? As Gandhi said, an eye for an eye, and the whole world will become blind. (The quote may not be exactly the same, but you get the idea...) The methods and activities that Islam extremists are doing now is no better than corrupted Jewish government.

Perhaps both races would see each other as friends than enemies... but when? Mankind is not very well known for making peaceful solutions.... we are making progress... but we are not simply there yet.

Join us.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 20:59
Dude, your own sources don't even back you up. They don't say that it is illegal. What they say is that the USA strongly advises not to carry dual citizenship. One could carry dual citizenship under US Immigration Law with out renouncing either country. Example: Being born outside the United States to one parent who is a U.S. citizen, and another parent who is a citizen of another country. You don't have to renounce your citizenship to be a US citizen since it is not illegal. Here is another quote about "Dual Citizenship" this time from usimmigrationsupport.org: "The United States does not formally recognize dual citizenship. However, it also does not taken any stand against it, either legally or politically. Typically, no American will forfeit his or her citizenship by undertaking the responsibilities of citizenship in another country. This is true even if the responsibilities include traveling with a foreign passport, voting in another country's election, or running for and/or serving in public office of another country. In most cases, it is unimportant to the United States whether another country also claims you as a citizen." - Dual Citizenship - usimmigrationsupport.org

Your own sources say that you only lose your US Citizenship if you INTEND to relinquish it.

Could you please provide a cite for your claim that Jews in the Administration hold dual citizenship. Specifically can you please provide a cite for the citizenship of the following people Richard Perle, Elliot Abrams, Paul Wolfowitz, William Kristol, Ari Fleschier. All of these people you claim hold dual citizenship. I want actual proof of this.

Edited by King John - 16-Jan-2007 at 21:09
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 21:12
Originally posted by King John

Dude, your own sources don't even back you up. They don't say that it is illegal. What they say is that the USA strongly advises not to carry dual citizenship. One could carry dual citizenship under US Immigration Law with out renouncing either country. Example: Being born outside the United States to one parent who is a U.S. citizen, and another parent who is a citizen of another country. You don't have to renounce your citizenship to be a US citizen since it is not illegal. Here is another quote about "Dual Citizenship" this time from usimmigrationsupport.org: "The United States does not formally recognize dual citizenship. However, it also does not taken any stand against it, either legally or politically. Typically, no American will forfeit his or her citizenship by undertaking the responsibilities of citizenship in another country. This is true even if the responsibilities include traveling with a foreign passport, voting in another country's election, or running for and/or serving in public office of another country. In most cases, it is unimportant to the United States whether another country also claims you as a citizen." - Dual Citizenship - usimmigrationsupport.org

Your own sources say that you only lose your US Citizenship if you INTEND to relinquish it.

Could you please provide a cite for your claim that Jews in the Administration hold dual citizenship. Specifically can you please provide a cite for the citizenship of the following people Richard Perle, Elliot Abrams, Paul Wolfowitz, William Kristol, Ari Fleschier. All of these people you claim hold dual citizenship. I want actual proof of this.

I was doing some Canadian historical researches... and having both Canadian and US citizenship is not uncommon for the wealthy middle and high class. Many talented and gifted Canadians are actually offered to have dual citizenship. I am moving to Canada soon, and a friend of mine's dad in Canada has a dual citizenship (Both US and Canada)

So, I am sure that dual citizenship is perfectly legal in some conditions.

Join us.
The Grim Reaper View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 22:04

King John:

Jesus Christ man! Did you miss reading the part about when a person voluntarily acquires foreign citizenship, then they may lose their US citizenship??

"a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.  Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct." 

If a US citizen willfully seeks citizenship from foreign nation then why in the Hell would the US government seek to revoke that person's American citizenship if it were legal?

Do some research on this issue kid, and you will realize that dual citizenship was in fact explicitly stated as being illegal in accordance to US immigration laws, and the ONLY reason that this aspect of the immigration law pertaining to dual citizenship has deliberately been left so vague by the courts now is because there is no way for the US government to enforce the policy!

Ask the Immigration and Naturalization Service if they condone dual citizenship go tell them that you are applying for British citizenship and swearing an oath of allegiance to the Union Jack and see if the INS doesn't take away your American citizenship. That should answer your question as to whether it is legal or illegal!

I'll give you an example: Suppose you and your father throw around the football and since your lawn is too small, you toss the football around partly on your yard, and partly on your neighbor's yard is this illegal? Yes, because you are trespassing on another person's property, is the f*ing government going to come over and enforce this on every single occasion in every single American neighborhood? Of course they're not! But will they enforce it if the neighbor makes them aware of it? Yes, they will! The same rational applies to the concept of dual citizenship if the government is made aware of it, then the government will take painstaking efforts if need be to take away either your US citizenship or have you renounce your foreign citizenship! Have you ever been to the INS office, muchacho? I hope you realize that when Green card holders take their oath of citizenship the INS office asks them to turn in their foreign passports and to renounce their old citizenship now can you tell me why in the Hell, the INS would ask for their passports if it approved of dual citizenship???

As far as the neoconservative Zionist elements in the Bush Administration are concerned I suggest you conduct your own research on your own time. Did I ask you to provide me any proof of your accusations when you bogusly claimed that not all of the anti-war protestors were drug-induced hippie liberals or when you foolishly claimed that the majority of Americans did not support the war in Iraq at the onset? Did I ask you for proof then, muchacho? Did you provide it? The anti-war protestors were drug-induced hippies looking for their generation's orgy-fest and upwards of 70% of Americans supported the removal of Mr. Hussein from power through the use of military force!

Edited by The Grim Reaper - 16-Jan-2007 at 22:10
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 22:40
First of all don't call me kid. You don't help your argument by calling me little terms of endearment like kid, and muchacho. How old are you that you get to call people kid and muchacho?

I have done research on the issue and can't find the laws that you are citing here. Cite the law where it is explicitly stated as being illegal. "May lose" doesn't mean that it is illegal it means there is a possiblity. If you hold dual citizenship and fight against the US then guess what you lose your citizenship but you don't just lose it for applying. In regards to your UK example I have friends you have dual citizenship from the US and the UK so um not really a good example. Are there ways to hold dual citizanship with out applying for it? Yes there are, for instance one can be born in American to parents who are not American citizens. Guess what the child holds both American citizenship and the citizenship of the child's parents. Want another example? Ok I'll give you one. You marry a US citizen and you are not then guess what you now have dual citizenship, you don't have to renounce foreign countries. Oh by the way just because they don't approve of it doesn't mean it is illegal there are many things that the government doesn't approve of that are legal, i.e. same sex relationships, abortion just to name two.

I was just asking you to improve your argument, especially for extraodinary claims like calling members of the administration "heinous criminals."

Again let's not make broad generalizations, by doing so you just show your ignorance. Wait let me go further you are a person who and often show your ignorance by not providing sources and talking in broad sweeping generalizations along with stereotypes.

Just a suggestion don't resort to calling people names it belittles your argument. Notice how I haven't called you any names which I easily could have done.

Edited by King John - 16-Jan-2007 at 22:43
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 06:39
Gentlemen - just a general note in refernce to the Code of Conduct.

Please keep the discussion civil and refrain from calling names, belittling people etc.

~ Northman

Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 20:13

First of all don't call me kid. You don't help your argument by calling me little terms of endearment like kid, and muchacho. How old are you that you get to call people kid and muchacho?

I'm not much older than you. How is this relevant to the discussion?

I have done research on the issue and can't find the laws that you are citing here.

You've done research on the issue? Seems as if you weren't even aware of it until I pointed it out.

Cite the law where it is explicitly stated as being illegal.

If you would have done the research as you claim to have done, then you would already know the answer to this. As I already stated, the courts willfully left this aspect of dual immigration vague since there was no way to enforce the law against dual citizenship.

"May lose" doesn't mean that it is illegal it means there is a possiblity.

It implies that if the US State Department found out about the matter then if they wanted to, they could pursue legal recourse and revoke your US citizenship, however they hardly ever do this b/c it is so damn difficult to enforce and b/c it is not considered a pressing issue for the State Department to resolve!

If you hold dual citizenship and fight against the US then guess what you lose your citizenship but you don't just lose it for applying.

You are completely wrong in your assertion here. The very act of applying for foreign citizenship and swearing an oath of allegiance to a foreign nation is grounds for the US State Department to revoke your citizenship. You should read more carefully. Your profile says that you're a grad student sure doesn't seem like it.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/immigrant_visas/2dual_nationality.htm

a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.  Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct." 

Swearing an oath of allegiance to a foreign nation shows intent to give up US citizenship.

In regards to your UK example I have friends you have dual citizenship from the US and the UK so um not really a good example.

I don't care about your friends and their experiences. I have friends who run red lights and swear that they have never gotten a traffic ticket does that mean that running red lights is okay?

You ask me to provide you with proof and you turn around and give me some shady examples of what your friends may or may not have experienced? Is this supposed to provide me with proof of the UK's immigration laws? How are your friends experiences relative to this conversation? What do your friends have to do with this discussion? When you sit down and right an essay or paper for your grad program and the instructor asks you for references or sourcesdo you use your friends as references? Does your instructor accept your friends references as valid sources???

I will give you an example of how simply ridiculous your argument is:

"Hey John! Did you know that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is an absolute monarchy? It is! I have friends in the UK and they told me so!"

^^^ I hope you catch my drift there and for the record, the UK is constitional monarchy even though my friends swear otherwise. lmfao

Are there ways to hold dual citizanship with out applying for it?

This was never the premise of the argument.

But if you would like a response from me, I will surmise that this is one of the reasons that the US immigration laws on dual citizenship are so ambigous b/c it is impossible to enforce due to exact said circumstances. Thanks a bunch for validating my argument.

Yes there are, for instance one can be born in American to parents who are not American citizens. 

If a child is born to parents who are not American citizens then that child may be a citizen of the land he or she was born in if he/she were born in America, then yes, tht child would be an American citizen, but would he/she be a citizen of the country his/her parents originated from? That would depend on the individual laws of the respective country.

Guess what the child holds both American citizenship and the citizenship of the child's parents.

Guess what? No he does not! He would hold American citizenship but may or may not hold foreign citizenship elsewhere it depends on the foreign country! Do you know the immigration laws of every foreign nation on earth???

Want another example? Ok I'll give you one. You marry a US citizen and you are not then guess what you now have dual citizenship, you don't have to renounce foreign countries.

Your argument is extremely flawed b/c as any person with a minute understanding of immigration law can tell you:

MARRYING A US CITIZEN ALLOWS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY FOR LEGAL RESIDENCY IT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU A US CITIZEN!

Oh by the way just because they don't approve of it doesn't mean it is illegal there are many things that the government doesn't approve of that are legal, i.e. same sex relationships, abortion just to name two.

Homosexuality, abortion, and fornication used to be illegal in the United States and still are in some states. Do you know that in some Bible Belt states, engaging in anal or oral intercourse with another person even if that person is your spouse is illegal? It just is not enforced. Ask your law professor about it. He can tell you better than I.

How many times do I have to explain to you that the laws in regards to dual citizenship were willfully left ambigous by the courts do to the very fact that the enforcement of a ban on dual citizenship is not a pressing matter for the US State Department AND b/c it is just is not enforceable?

Find me a source where the US government explicitely acknowledges that dual citizenship is either legal or favorable? Let me save you the time: you won't find any such laws!

If dual citizenship were legal or favorable then why would the US government reserve the right to revoke American citizenship at will?

I was just asking you to improve your argument, especially for extraodinary claims like calling members of the administration "heinous criminals."

You really think that Richard Perle, Elliot Abrams, Paul Wolfowitz, Ari Fleischer, William Kristol, and other openly Zionist neoconservatives who masterminded the invasion of Iraq on behalf of Israel and deceived the American public in doing so are not heinous criminals? Do you think that 14 year old Abeer Qasim Hamza Al-Janabi would have been gangraped by American soldiers, her body set afire, and her mother, father, and six-year old sister murdered had it not been for this invasion? Are these criminals who falsely led America to war not equally as guilty of her rape and death as the five American soldiers who were physically there as she screamed for them to stop?

Again let's not make broad generalizations, by doing so you just show your ignorance.

Broad generalizations like the example you posted above about your friends and their so-called dual citizenship? Yeah, that was an excellent example of making broad generalizations. lmfao

Wait let me go further you are a person who and often show your ignorance by not providing sources and talking in broad sweeping generalizations along with stereotypes.

^^^ Why I do believe that was a sweeping generalization about me! LOL

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 22:45
Originally posted by Northman

Gentlemen - just a general note in refernce to the Code of Conduct.

Please keep the discussion civil and refrain from calling names, belittling people etc.

~ Northman

I'll second the Northman and renew the request.

Edited by red clay - 17-Jan-2007 at 22:45
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 23:20
Originally posted by Grim Reaper

How is this relevant to the discussion?

Seems as if you weren't even aware of it until I pointed it out.

You are completely wrong in your assertion here.

I don't care about your friends and their experiences.

You ask me to provide you with proof and you turn around and give me some shady examples of what your friends may or may not have experienced? Is this supposed to provide me with proof of the UK's immigration laws? How are your friends experiences relative to this conversation? What do your friends have to do with this discussion? When you sit down and right an essay or paper for your grad program and the instructor asks you for references or sourcesdo you use your friends as references? Does your instructor accept your friends references as valid sources???

lmfao

This was never the premise of the argument.

Guess what? No he does not!

Your argument is extremely flawed b/c as any person with a minute understanding of immigration law can tell you:

LOL  I am sorry, but is it just me, or does all of this look like a Saturday Night Live Parody of the McGlaughlin Group?  Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!

Sounds like someone feels inadequate or something.  Grim Reaper, do you pride your self on wittily one-upping people and maintaining a "take no-prisoners" attitude?  Well, it does not come across as being that impressive.  Wow. Disapprove

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 02:08
Grim please see these sites. There are no laws requiring automatic loss of citizenship. You keep saying that US Law prohibits dual citizenship when in fact it doesn't. Again see these sites and please do us all a favor by reading them before you respond.

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/faq.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=Dual%20nationality&url=/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001482----000-.html

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/law.html#CitByBirth

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_778.html

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

PS I am no longer posting on this thread.

Edited by King John - 18-Jan-2007 at 02:17
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 06:41
Well, I'm no legal expert but I became a naturalized US citizen in 2000 and I wasn't asked to relinguish my other citizenship at any point during the process. To me it seemed like the US is satisfied with the oath new citizens take which states that you "relinquish allegiance to all other states, nations, tribes and potentates" or something like that.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 06:58
Originally posted by Northman

Please keep the discussion civil and refrain from...belittling people etc.

With some people just giving them the time of day is belittling them....
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 09:07
The resistance in Iraq is completely justified.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 11:38
Feanor, it would make more sense to say "SOME" of the resistance is justified. I agree, Iraq has every right to fight against the occupation. However, alot of the "insurgents" (propaganda term) are actually foreign organisations there for training purposes, or to pursue their own agendas.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 15:46

Grim please see these sites. There are no laws requiring automatic loss of citizenship. You keep saying that US Law prohibits dual citizenship when in fact it doesn't. Again see these sites and please do us all a favor by reading them before you respond.

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/faq.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=Dual%20nationality&url=/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001482----000-.html

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/law.html#CitByBirth

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_778.html

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

PS I am no longer posting on this thread.

I clicked on each and everyone of those links and got the following:

THE PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND

Please find me where it states that the US condones, recognizes, and/or favors dual citizenship -where is it written that dual citizenship is legal???
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:00
Just copy the links above into the address bar. They haven't been implemented in the forum properly.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 06:56
Grim, it used to be true that the US didn't recognise dual citizenship, but it isn't any more. My stepdaughter, mother American, father Danish, has both US and Danish citizenship, and legally carries both passports.

I'm not sure when they changed the rules.
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 07:37
Here are the links that King John posted. I have redone them so they work.
LINK NO,1
LINK NO,2
LINK NO,3
LINK NO,4
LINK NO,5

Edited by omshanti - 19-Jan-2007 at 07:48
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 13:43
Originally posted by Zaitsev

Feanor, it would make more sense to say "SOME" of the resistance is justified.

Every single armed invader must get the **** out of Iraq. Until then the resistance is totally rightful.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 14:00
Does that include non-coalition armed invaders?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>