Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War on Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War on Iraq
    Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 16:44
Does anybody have current anything on this stupid unessary war? I'm curious. My friend is an Iraqi and his family is in the frontline trying to evade the American forces. His bro was killed by an American marine. Trying to flee the battle. "He was murderd by soldiers" my friend says, as his brother was trying to escape 
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 17:08
Well, 50-60 people per day die there today and Bush has no idea how to end it, nor did he have in the beginning i guess.
No Iraqi government office has been formed to my knowledge and Bush is pushing the day for bringing out the troops on and on.
I don't think stability is anywhere close and as Bush is forcing democracy on Iraqis, the outcome will be probably nothing more then in Afghanistan - a different type of dictatorship, worse or better, not George W's business.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 17:16
Would be nice if they let us in on the objective. The previous reasons for going in there were all hocus pocus. Events have backfired. C'mon Bush what is our purpose for being there?
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 18:05
Bob is awsome

Edited by Ponce de Leon
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 18:28
War in Iraq or War against Iraq. Not War on Iraq. On doesn't make sense, its terribly bad english.
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 18:32

Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

Does anybody have current anything on this stupid unessary war? I'm curious. My friend is an Iraqi and his family is in the frontline trying to evade the American forces. His bro was killed by an American marine. Trying to flee the battle. "He was murderd by soldiers" my friend says, as his brother was trying to escape 

Um, was he by chance part of the Ba'ath party?  Maybe there was a good reason for him trying to flee from Americans?  Only criminals run.

Oh, and I would just like to add one thing.  If you are saying the WMD was "hocus pocus" you may want to rethink this.  The Iraqi airforces second in command, General (forgot his name, I'm not good with Arab names) said that Saddam did and does have WMD.  He says that because of his position, he was able to see the WMD.  And then when the UN was looking around, he saw Saddam scramble to hide them.  He also claims days before America invaded, he was ordered to have his men fly the WMD to Syria, or atleast the major parts of them.  If you don't believe me, he was on the news for writting his book on it.  (also forgot the name)

Edited by Thegeneral
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 18:33
You tell him Omar. By the way Omar you wana play some hoops later?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 19:05

I am aware of the hide and seek games regarding the WMD's Thegeneral. I still would like to see a picture of them displayed on the front page of a newspaper and would like to know what our purpose and goal still is?

Ponce de Leon you could stop the trolling any day now.

Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 19:19
Oh, and I would just like to add one thing.  If you are saying the WMD was "hocus pocus" you may want to rethink this.  The Iraqi airforces second in command, General (forgot his name, I'm not good with Arab names) said that Saddam did and does have WMD.  He says that because of his position, he was able to see the WMD.  And then when the UN was looking around, he saw Saddam scramble to hide them.  He also claims days before America invaded, he was ordered to have his men fly the WMD to Syria, or atleast the major parts of them.  If you don't believe me, he was on the news for writting his book on it.  (also forgot the name)

I think you are talking about Georges Sada. I saw him on the Daily Show last night.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 19:22
lol seko i love you

And goat do you also watch stephen colbert after the daily show. Personally i like the report a little better than stewart. Stewart is gettin a little too bland for me
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 19:40

iraq is already in civil war unfortunatly...

im afraid its too late to save iraq.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 19:52
I agree with prns. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. The US has to much blood on it's hands, I'm hoping something good will come out in the end...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:00
Why are 50-60 people dieing there everyday?
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:06

Bombs and general fighting.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:14

Originally posted by Loknar

Why are 50-60 people dieing there everyday?

it is said that everyday 1 to 2 US soldiers die, and 60 to 80 iraqi's die.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:22
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

War in Iraq or War against Iraq. Not War on Iraq. On doesn't make sense, its terribly bad english.
 Do you read the newspaper, or watch the news. They're saying it to make it interesting. BTW I have 87% on my English course.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:28
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

Um, was he by chance part of the Ba'ath party?  Maybe there was a good reason for him trying to flee from Americans?  Only criminals run.

No he isn't. He has nothing to do with the army, or in fact anything that involves killing. He is a regular person trying to live an impossible life. I'll bet you would try to flee too, if your country was occupied by armed forces. While doing that you will/might get shot.

Edited by The Canadian Guy
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:29

Originally posted by Super Goat (^_^)

I think you are talking about Georges Sada. I saw him on the Daily Show last night.

Yup, yup! lol

But I also saw him on Fox.

General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 20:29
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I agree with prns. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. The US has to much blood on it's hands, I'm hoping something good will come out in the end...
  Me too.
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 21:22
Well...then...who keeps initiating hostilities?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>