Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the world end in 2012?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the world end in 2012?
    Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 22:31

The Mayans predicted the world will end in 2012

The Bible code predicts that the world will end in 2012

Nostradamus and another Bosnian future teller predicted a third world war before 2010

all I know is that on december 11th, I'm going to be in a bomb shelter.

What do you all think about this?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:16

I'll bet you anything you want to wager, that it won't.

Member of IAEA
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:29
Iranian4life is right, the world as we know it will probably end in 2012.  As stated by him, many sacred holy texts have forseen it.  Prepare for judgement day.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:34
     The world won't end anytime soon just because a few men predicted it. I'm sure many people would say the world will end in 100 years, but no one talks about them...people aren't superstitious enough to believe anyone's random predictions anymore...or are they?
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:38

The Mayan calender just ends on that day and year. I have never seen or heard  of any inscriptions predicting the end of the world.

The Mayan calender is set up to go on forever if someone wanted it to.

As far as the bible code goes  You should save that stuff for your lawn, make it nice and green.

Edited by red clay
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:40
Has anyone else read any ancient texts or studied any sacred objects that pointed to 2012 as the end of the world?  This is important need to know information that I am sure everyone here would like to know.

Edited by R_AK47
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 23:52

Some Indian religous texts give that general time frame as the end of this age, and the bigining of the next, [Vedic lore is not my strong suit]

They do not say anything about the end of the Physical world.

That I'm aware of.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 00:13
Bahai's beleive in a near big conflict that a lot of countries will involve and after that a great international peace come to earth. they call it " solhe akbar " means Great Peace.

Edited by Prince of Persia 2
Apples n Oranges View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 00:17

Originally posted by Iranian41ife

Nostradamus and another Bosnian future teller predicted a third world war before 2010

I agree.The conflict in middle east may escalate into a major war.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 00:25

ok religion (islamic) wise the end of the world supposed to be unknown and unpredictable, the only things we would know is that there will be signs which would only mean that the Judgment day is near, one of those signs is the rule of the Dajal "the AntiChrist" and Jesus come back and fight him. and that the sun will rise from the West which as we know didnt happen yet.

also those signs will be used by minority while the majority will be busy with their daily lives and wont know that the day came untill its already started.

------------

a bit off topic, i heard an Arab scientists saying that the Universe is in continues expantion due to the movement of the planet stars and galaxis, and the Univers will end IF the movement reveresed .

the Sun will rise from the West when the movement is reveresed and the Universe will start shrinking and the planets and stars will collide.

thats just a new theory about the "sun rises from the West" sign.

Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 00:53
Originally posted by azimuth

ok religion (islamic) wise the end of the world supposed to be unknown and unpredictable, the only things we would know is that there will be signs which would only mean that the Judgment day is near, one of those signs is the rule of the Dajal "the AntiChrist" and Jesus come back and fight him. and that the sun will rise from the West which as we know didnt happen yet.

also those signs will be used by minority while the majority will be busy with their daily lives and wont know that the day came untill its already started.

Because the signs mentioned in the religious background I just thought  we can consider sun rise from west as a simbole of knowledge and technology that has already rised from west country and leads the world, now.
SO JESUS IS COMING.....

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 01:16
yes well, lets not try to be too optimistic about it...the world didnt end in 2000 it wont end in 2012.

Edited by mamikon
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 03:33
Originally posted by Genghis

I'll bet you anything you want to wager, that it won't.

I'll up that bet. I'll bet anyone all my worldy possesions that the world will not end in 2012.
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 04:13
Three possibilities:

1. The world will end and we are all doomed.

2. The world will go through some kind of drastic transformation of some kind, but we won't be totally wiped out.

3. Nothing unusual will happen.

Out of these three, I think option two is most likely to happen, followed by option one.   Based on the way things are going,  I think option three is least likely to happen.  My advice: by ready for any and all eventualities.

Be brave and answer me.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 05:39

at this place i may quote zager & evans:

In the year 2525
If man is still alive.
If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies.
Everything you think, do and say, is in the pill you took today.

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes.
You won't find a thing to chew.
Nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year 5555
Your arms hanging limp at your sides.
Your legs got nothing to do.
Some machine doing that for you.

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife.
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too.
From the bottom of a long glass tube. Whoa-oh

In the year 7510
If God's a-comin, he oughta make it by then.
Maybe he'll look around himself and say.
Guess it's time for the judgment day.

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head.
He'll either say.I'm pleased where man has been.
Or tear it down and start again. Whoa-oh

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin if man is gonna be alive.
He's taken everything this old Earth can give.
And he ain't put back nothing.Whoa-oh

Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew,
now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night.
The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away.
Maybe it's only yesterday.

In the year 2525
If man is still alive.
If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 07:26
Originally posted by red clay

The Mayan calender just ends on that day and year. I have never seen or heard  of any inscriptions predicting the end of the world.

The Mayan calender is set up to go on forever if someone wanted it to.

Exactly the the longest calendar thingy of the Mayan calender runs for 64 million years. 2012 in the Mayan calender is more or less comparable to 9999 in our calender.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 09:28

"The Mayans predicted the world will end in 2012

The Bible code predicts that the world will end in 2012"

All we can do is to keep our little thumbs up and wish those bastards were right.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 09:36
screw this...I am off to Mars
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 09:53

Ulrich von hutton resurrects a damn good ol' tune, in the year 2525. That truely is a sign that the world as we know it is nearly over.

Amidst all this speculation of the world ending in 2012 has anyone cared to show us any articles from the bible code, Mayan calender or Nostradamus?

By the way, sell your cars and properties at really good discounted prices to me before 2012 and I'll sell it back to you, with a mark up, in 2013. 

Apples n Oranges View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 10:05

I have seen some videos and read some books on the predictions of Nostradamus.Not sure about the time period but they said there would be a major war between Middle-Eastern and European Nations.Middle-East nations would be united under a leader whose headgear would be Blue in colour.There was some more stuff but I forgot it.

Ofcourse these are interpretations of Nostradamus'  puzzles.No one is sure.

Edited by Apples n Oranges
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>