Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did US attacked Afghanistan to capture Osama or...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did US attacked Afghanistan to capture Osama or...?
    Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 17:30

I have a question and it is that;"Did US attacked Afghanistan to capture Osama or to settle its forces for Iran and East Asia, by impowering an US puppet government?"

Read this news:

Link

US 'planned attack on Taleban'

Taleban fighters

The wider objective was to oust the Taleban
By the BBC's George Arney

A former Pakistani diplomat has told the BBC that the US was planning military action against Osama Bin Laden and the Taleban even before last week's attacks.

Niaz Naik, a former Pakistani Foreign Secretary, was told by senior American officials in mid-July that military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October.

Russian soldiers in Tajikistan
Russian troops were on standby
Mr Naik said US officials told him of the plan at a UN-sponsored international contact group on Afghanistan which took place in Berlin.

Mr Naik told the BBC that at the meeting the US representatives told him that unless Bin Laden was handed over swiftly America would take military action to kill or capture both Bin Laden and the Taleban leader, Mullah Omar.

The wider objective, according to Mr Naik, would be to topple the Taleban regime and install a transitional government of moderate Afghans in its place - possibly under the leadership of the former Afghan King Zahir Shah.

Mr Naik was told that Washington would launch its operation from bases in Tajikistan, where American advisers were already in place.

Osama Bin Laden
Bin Laden would have been "killed or captured"
He was told that Uzbekistan would also participate in the operation and that 17,000 Russian troops were on standby.

Mr Naik was told that if the military action went ahead it would take place before the snows started falling in Afghanistan, by the middle of October at the latest.

He said that he was in no doubt that after the World Trade Center bombings this pre-existing US plan had been built upon and would be implemented within two or three weeks.

And he said it was doubtful that Washington would drop its plan even if Bin Laden were to be surrendered immediately by the Taleban.

Now by reading the last paragraph I am sure you got what I ment. So the question is "What was the main objective of US occupying Afghanistan?"

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 18:06
It was to secure pipeline passage from Central Asia.  Is the deep sea port in Pakistan's Baluchistan under contruction a co-incidence?
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 20:33

I agree with Gharanai's implication that the military moves in Asia have specific purposes, and OBL does not factor in.  He became irrelevant as soon as the troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

The geopolitics of Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan have revolved around force for the last eight decades or more - both internal and external.  That isn't going to change any time soon.  These lands are highly strategic, and we all know why.

What did you expect?  That the West would wring its hands and buy more bicycles?

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 06:38
I believe that the Taliban offered to hand over bin Laden just before the attack and the Americans refused.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 07:52
Just like they are refusing direct negotiations with Iran to resolve differences?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 07:55
Aha.  Just like the refused to listen to weapon inspectors in Iraq.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 08:39
Originally posted by Zagros

It was to secure pipeline passage from Central Asia.  Is the deep sea port in Pakistan's Baluchistan under contruction a co-incidence?
I think this is, but Gwadar is for the chinese
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 09:27

Originally posted by Leonidas

Who controls the sea lanes?

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 09:30

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I believe that the Taliban offered to hand over bin Laden just before the attack and the Americans refused.

Even if we had said yes, what would we have done with him?  He either becomes a martyr or a media star.  Much better that he just becomes a memory.  There are more important issues than him.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 09:34
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

You do, and the odd pirate

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 09:38
Afghanistan is very strategic. Stuff Osama, the USA can have bases (or a presence) east of Iran, west of china and south of the Central asia.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 09:44

Na the chinese are helping build it, big difference.  whoever control CA natural resources would merely pay the pakistanis a small fee for the use of their port. Though it looks more and more like the US effort in teh region is unravelling, so you are probably right int he long run.

Edited by Zagros
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 10:04

You do, and the odd pirate

Haarrrgghh!  (thanks, Cywr)

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 10:07
Oh yes long term, the PRC havent a built a proper fleet yet. But ill bet they get the red carpet with the pakistani's when they do.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 17:10

Even if we had said yes, what would we have done with him?  He either becomes a martyr or a media star.  Much better that he just becomes a memory.  There are more important issues than him.

Yah, you are right he is a memory in American minds which could never be removed.

Beside what do you have to say about those people who lost their worthful lives, I am not only talking about the Afghans who lost their lives but also the American and International forces, they were didn't desearve a death in that way I mean in a way where the profit goes only and only to those ARM factory owners and the OIL well owners.

So I guess if the US had accepted that offer, most of lives could had been saved on both sides.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 17:34
The USA invaded Afghaistan primarily to stabilish frces in Central Asia, which is essential in their geopolitical plans, affecting Russia, China, India and Iran.

It's part of the Great US Invasion of the Middle East, which started with the Kuwait War: a pretext to fill the Persian Gulf with US troops and bases.

(In may opinion, OBL works for Wasington and that's why they don't catch him).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:11

Oh yes long term, the PRC havent a built a proper fleet yet. But ill bet they get the red carpet with the pakistani's when they do.

Well, young Spartan, Prudens rei militaris.  The Jesuits didn't teach us Greek.

Depending on what happens to Pakistan, it is hard to tell whose red carpet they might receive.  They still have to counter the fleets of the West though.

Edited by pikeshot1600
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:13

Originally posted by Maju

The USA invaded Afghaistan primarily to stabilish frces in Central Asia, which is essential in their geopolitical plans, affecting Russia, China, India and Iran.

It's part of the Great US Invasion of the Middle East, which started with the Kuwait War: a pretext to fill the Persian Gulf with US troops and bases.

(In may opinion, OBL works for Wasington and that's why they don't catch him).

Oh, please.  Another OBL conspiracy theory.

The geostrategic observation, however, I think is correct.

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:17
Originally posted by Gharanai

Yah, you are right he is a memory in American minds which could never be removed.

Beside what do you have to say about those people who lost their worthful lives, I am not only talking about the Afghans who lost their lives but also the American and International forces, they were didn't desearve a death in that way I mean in a way where the profit goes only and only to those ARM factory owners and the OIL well owners.

So I guess if the US had accepted that offer, most of lives could had been saved on both sides.

Well, as I said, there were more important issues.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:01
No one controls the sea lanes, they are in intrnational waters and if anyone tried to control them, they would probably lose more than they would gain by destroying international trade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>