Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do those in West direct their children to professions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do those in West direct their children to professions
    Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 13:00
I heard somewhere that the difference between Westerners and Developing world is that in the developed world, their elite are DIRECTED unconciously (and maybe explicitly; I'm not sure), somehow, to the following fields in based on their intelligence:

1. Politics
2. Military
3. Law
4. Medicine
5. Engineering

Meanwhile, in developing world, it's somewhat the other way around. The weakest link of the elite (these are already intelligent people and the leaders...so I mean to differentiate between the top and the very top) to:

1. Medicine
2. Engineering
3. Law
4. Military
5. Politics

Hence, it is imparative that we see so many engineers for example in Iran, EVENTUALLY, coming around to what they were REALLY supposed to be doing: politics. Doctors and engineers are politicians in the developing world. Therefore, they may not be as successful in their descipline cause they didn't go through the structured official road of becoming a politician.

Can anyone help me with this topic? Any proof, any journals? etc.?
 Post Reply Post Reply