Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women and Revolution in Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women and Revolution in Iran
    Posted: 29-May-2006 at 23:14
Originally posted by Mila

Raping female prisoners is nothing new. It was commonplace here as well, especially if they were arrested for homosexual activities.

What I don't understand is, from a religious perspective, how they can believe this has any impact whatsoever on the woman's ascent into heaven? If anything, it will make it even more likely she goes to heaven - not less.
From the religious perspective a virgin girl would go to heaven, if she dies. So they have to rape and deflorate her so she can't go to heaven, becouse she must die guilty. Sorry for the words i chose, i know it is sick.
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 18:12

Originally posted by morticia

Master Blaster - Why are you trying to minimize the issue? The fact is that women are being oppressed, enslaved, tortured, raped, bought and sold, and everything possible and necessary should be done to stop it...This is the sort of thing that could never be exaggerated!         

I am not "minimizing" the situation - I am merely putting it in perspective. These types of abuses are not new to Iran, they are not new to any Third World or developing nation, and they certainly are not new to humanity. You are making the situation appear worse than it actually is. Mazier proudly displays the nickname "Shahenshah" - this is a clear indication of his support for the previous regime of Iran (that of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi), which was overthrown by the Ayatollah Khomeini and the Islamic Revolution of 1979. Should I expect any of his views about the Islamic Republic of Iran or her current regime to be just or fair?

Originally posted by Maziar

Master_Blaster jan,

No  i don't think at all i am blowing it out of proportion. And this sites are NOT unbiased, come on dada, have you never heared of these facts befor? really not? you can't tell me.

And what do you mean by pro-Shahi? do you think everyone who say the truth you don't like is a pro-Shahi? neither i am pro-Shahi. Do you know what is really an unfair accusation? to sentence a women to death who has defenced herself to not be raped.

Mazier jan, I am not denying that human rights violations are committed by members of the IRI or those Hezbollahis who may be loyal to the regime but I am questioning the validity of your claims as well as the extent to which these violations are made.

Can you honestly have "Shahenshah" as your nickname and expect me to believe that you are unbiased in your views about the IRI? The Shah was deposed and his supporters who were forced to flee to the West still bear ill-will towards the IRI. I do not have anything against you personally Mazier, I understand your nationalism, but I am in serious doubts as to your motives.

From the religious perspective a virgin girl would go to heaven, if she dies. So they have to rape and deflorate her so she can't go to heaven, becouse she must die guilty. Sorry for the words i chose, i know it is sick.

Mazier, this is false and you know it. If the Islamic establishment has already concluded that the Muslim girl in question is a sinner and hence she shall burn in the Hellfire (as described in Islamic jurisprudence) anyway, then there would be no reason for the Islamic clergy to allow for the rape of any Muslim woman.

And you are also overlooking the fact that pious Muslims (which I am assuming those who are loyal to the IRI are) would not rape or sexually violate a Muslim woman.

Edited by Master_Blaster - 30-May-2006 at 18:13
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 18:13

Raping female prisoners is nothing new. It was commonplace here as well, especially if they were arrested for homosexual activities.

What I don't understand is, from a religious perspective, how they can believe this has any impact whatsoever on the woman's ascent into heaven? If anything, it will make it even more likely she goes to heaven - not less.

I realize that's what they think, but there's no religious justification for it?
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 18:17

I realize that's what they think, but there's no religious justification for it?

Mila jan, Mazier's claim that a Muslim woman inside the Islamic Republic of Iran would be sexually assaulted by pious Muslims with the consent of Islamic clergy is completely false. This has NEVER happened in any Islamic society and you are right, there is NO religious justification for it in Islam, hence, these actions would never take place or be tolerated in any Islamic nation.

Mazier jan, if you are going to make such bold accusations, please provide an unbiased source to support your claims.

Edited by Master_Blaster - 30-May-2006 at 18:20
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 00:21

@Mila, Ok first of all "jan" in persian means dear. So "Mila jan" means dear Mila.

@Master_Blaster, Shahanshah(is a persian word, means king of the kings) is NOT my nickname, my nickname is Maziar. Shahanshah is my forum's rank or title given by forum software, not by me. Your rank will increase if you post more in forum, just like Hwarang under your nickname. So the word Shahanshah has nothing to do with my political views. I am a supporter for a liberal republic in Iran's future. Your trying to relate me with Shah's regime is also nonsense.

I am not "minimizing" the situation - I am merely putting it in perspective.

This is exactly what you don't, you don't try to put it in perspective, but you are minimizing the situation. The facts i am talking about are maybe not familiar for the rest of the world, but Iranian people KNOW them. You know we Iranians say "Shotor savari dola dola nemishe" which means if you ride a camel everyone will see you, even if you crouch. It means all facts i mentioned are so obviouse, so no one would dare to denay them.

These types of abuses are not new to Iran, they are not new to any third world or developing nation, and they certainly are not new to humanity.

so what? no one is also allowed to talk about it, only becouse its not new?

Mazier jan, I am not denying that human rights violations are committed by members of the IRI or those Hezbollahis who may be loyal to the regime but I am questioning the validity of your claims as well as the extent to which these violations are made.
so open your eyes then, you will the truth.

Should i except any of his views about the islamic republic of Iran or her currentregime to be just for fair?

Tell me are you a supporter of Mullahs regime? if yes, no wonder why you are so close minded.

Can you honestly have "Shahenshah" as your nickname and expect me to believe that you are unbiased in your views about the IRI

Do you really think only Mullahs supporter are unbiased? would i be believeable, if i was a mullahs lover? the most authors of the sites i provided are resident in Iran, why do you think all people who don't agree with you are pro-Shahi? your are generalizing as well, in your opinion all the people around the world either agree with you or they are all pro-Shahis.Time to freshen up your mind.

The Shah was deposed and his supporters who were forced to flee to the West still bear ill-will towards the IRI. I do not have anything against you personally Mazier, I understand your nationalism, but I am in serious doubts as to your motives.
It is your right to doubt or not to believe, but be sure this won't change the truth.

Mazier, this is false and you know it. If the Islamic establishment has already concluded that the Muslim girl in question is a sinner and hence she shall burn in the Hellfire (as described in Islamic jurisprudence) anyway, then there would be no reason for the Islamic clergy to allow for the rape of any Muslim woman.
really? what about all that poor girls who were raped a night befor execution? could you denay the sun on the sky?

And you are also overlooking the fact that pious Muslims (which I am assuming those who are loyal to the IRI are) would not rape or sexually violate a Muslim woman.

Actually the loyalist to IRI (mullahs regime) are the worst in the world. Due to them have Iranian people loosen their face in the world. Other countries call us fundamentalists and terrorists only becouse of these idiots.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 00:33
Originally posted by Master_Blaster

[quote

Mila jan, Mazier's claim that a Muslim woman inside the Islamic Republic of Iran would be sexually assaulted by pious Muslims with the consent of Islamic clergy is completely false. This has NEVER happened in any Islamic society and you are right, there is NO religious justification for it in Islam, hence, these actions would never take place or be tolerated in any Islamic nation.

This is exactly the same methode the mullahs use to shut up any protest, denaying, denaying and denaying. Don't you think the world is looking at your deeds? Everyone knows and you know too all these i provided are the truth. It seems to me you try to salve your consciences. 

Mazier jan, if you are going to make such bold accusations, please provide an unbiased source to support your claims.
These sources are all unbiased, believe it or not, i don't care. But let another forumers know what really happened to Iranian women.

Btw, this topic is not about islam, it is about Iranian women. I disscusse here with no one about Islam, please respect this fact and don't let this thread to be colsed.

What about you? could you provide any sources, which denay my claims? i say you befor i won't accept any pro-Mullahs regime related sites.

Edited by Maziar - 31-May-2006 at 00:38
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 01:35
Maziar, don't be so strict! Master_Blaster is great. I've haven't see so much bad faith since Bagdad Bob went down. This will still say there are no problems even if the FST* raid Teheran.

M.

*FST= Feminist Special Troops
I am a free donkey!
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:06
LOL, so we have got our own Forum Bob, it will be fun.Wink
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:53
Well, I don't have to belong to any particular political regime to recognize the injustice and cruel treatment and punishments given to some of these women. Although I agree with Master Blaster that this treatment is nothing new to these women, it should not be well taken or tolerated, and all efforts should be made to change it. One way to promote change is to make everyone aware of the problem and talk about it. Women of Iran will one day be able to stand up and enjoy freedom and individuality, but they can't do it alone. An entire lifetime of oppression cannot be changed in a few years, but remedial efforts should be made progressively. It does not matter what politicial affiliation you belong to, or whose regime you uphold, the truth of the matter is that harsh and cruel treatment towards women is simply WRONG and must be stopped, somehow, someway, someday!    

Edited by morticia - 31-May-2006 at 13:54
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 15:16

very well said MortyClap, Yes we have to talk about it, and no one should oppress women regardless of which religion or political or social views.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 16:53

@Master_Blaster, Shahanshah(is a persian word, means king of the kings) is NOT my nickname, my nickname is Maziar. Shahanshah is my forum's rank or title given by forum software, not by me. Your rank will increase if you post more in forum, just like Hwarang under your nickname. So the word Shahanshah has nothing to do with my political views. I am a supporter for a liberal republic in Iran's future. Your trying to relate me with Shah's regime is also nonsense.

I know what "Shahanshah" means in Farsi, and although I thank you for summarizing the rules of allempires.com for me.

That being said, I still hold fast to my claim that you are a Shah supporter and hence, your views and opinions of the IRI are biased.

This is exactly what you don't, you don't try to put it in perspective, but you are minimizing the situation.

Again, I feel as if I am repeating myself. YOU ARE PASSING OFF YOUR OWN OPINIONS and claiming that these are "facts" -would you expect anyone to take an opinion as factual??

The facts i am talking about are maybe not familiar for the rest of the world, but Iranian people KNOW them.

Again, I ask you, can you provide me with some sources so that your claim that "Iranian people KNOW them" can be substantiated?

You know we Iranians say "Shotor savari dola dola nemishe" which means if you ride a camel everyone will see you, even if you crouch. It means all facts i mentioned are so obviouse, so no one would dare to denay them.

I am denying the extent to which you claim these atrocities and human rights violations take place. I am putting it in perspective for you and for whoever else may read this so that they will not be easily manipulated by your biased views.

so what? no one is also allowed to talk about it, only becouse its not new?

That's exactly what I am trying to tell you. If you want to make an issue out of women's rights - then you can do so without directly or indirectly presenting your own political views as you have chosen to do!

If you had said something like, "Women in the Middle East have been oppressed for centuries, and the progress which women were making under the Shah's regime has taken a turn for the worst since the advent of the IRI ...." then I would not have had an argument BUT you deliberatly chose to attack the IRI solely based on their fundamentalist Shia Islamic principles.

Should i except any of his views about the islamic republic of Iran or her currentregime to be just for fair?

Yes, you should because I have not propagated any pro-mullah, pro-IRI agenda on this forum as you have time and time again.

Tell me are you a supporter of Mullahs regime? if yes, no wonder why you are so close minded.

No, I am definitely NOT  supporter of the mollahs' regime and your accusation that I am "closeminded" is biased b/c I have not done anything to substantiate your claim, rather, all I have done is refute your own assertion.

Do you really think only Mullahs supporter are unbiased?

Nope. I would be just as suspicious of any claims made by a IRI supporter.

would i be believeable, if i was a mullahs lover? the most authors of the sites i provided are resident in Iran,

Nope. You would not be anymore believable if you were a Mullah supporter - you'd be more believable if your weren't unbiased.

Just because someone inside of Iran wrote an article about their personal experiences living under a theocratic rule would not make them any less biased than you.

why do you think all people who don't agree with you are pro-Shahi?

I don't think. I know that you support the Shah. I came to this conclusion after reading many of your posts.

your are generalizing as well, in your opinion all the people around the world either agree with you or they are all pro-Shahis.Time to freshen up your mind.

I am not generalizing. All I am doing is refuting your opinions that you try to pass off as facts.

It is your right to doubt or not to believe, but be sure this won't change the truth.

The truth is the truth. What you may choose to believe because of your political views or your family's experiences following the dismissal of the CIA-sponsored Shah's puppet regime can never be the truth.

I question you because your present YOUR VERSION of the story instead of presenting the truth

really? what about all that poor girls who were raped a night befor execution? could you denay the sun on the sky?

I've never heard of any of these "poor girls" - can you present some unbiased sources to collaborate your accusations?

Actually the loyalist to IRI (mullahs regime) are the worst in the world.

That is merely your opinion and not substantiated fact.

Due to them have Iranian people loosen their face in the world.

Only Iranian dissidents who are insecure in their person feel this way. The Iranians have always been and to this day, remain, a very proud people.

Other countries call us fundamentalists and terrorists only becouse of these idiots.

Only the nations of Israel and the United States government which is deeply influenced by the pro-Israeli lobby labels Iran as "fundamentalist" and a "state-sponsor of terror" - no other country in the world holds this view of Iran.

This is exactly the same methode the mullahs use to shut up any protest, denaying, denaying and denaying. Don't you think the world is looking at your deeds?

I am not denying anything except the extent to which you claim these incidents occur inside of Iran.

Everyone knows and you know too all these i provided are the truth.

No, "everyone" does not know. That is why you have to provide proof of your claims, which is why you have to provide unbiased sources for your claims - so that we may seek the truth for ourselves and formulate an educated opinion in regards to the issues you raise.

It seems to me you try to salve your consciences. 

I have no reason to do that. Stop launching such wild accusations against me. If you have no proof of this, then you are in no place to make such assertions.

These sources are all unbiased, believe it or not, i don't care. But let another forumers know what really happened to Iranian women.

The sources seemed pretty biased to me. You may perceive them as being unbiased because you share the same political views with them.

Btw, this topic is not about islam, it is about Iranian women. I disscusse here with no one about Islam, please respect this fact and don't let this thread to be colsed.

You tried (and failed miserably) to associate the oppression of Iranian women to Islam and now you are going to turn around and say that this topic has nothing to do with the dominant faith of Iranians (>98%)?

What about you? could you provide any sources, which denay my claims? i say you befor i won't accept any pro-Mullahs regime related sites.

I don't need to provide any sources, as I am not the one making the outrageous assertions. You have made the accusations, and as such, the burden of proof lies with you.

Originally posted by Maharbbal

Maziar, don't be so strict! Master_Blaster is great. I've haven't see so much bad faith since Bagdad Bob went down. This will still say there are no problems even if the FST* raid Teheran.

Instead of making personal attacks against me, why don't you actually do something constructive and try to counter my argument?

BTW: Nice post Morticia. Clap

Edited by Master_Blaster - 31-May-2006 at 17:04
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 19:32
Here his what I consider as an un-biased source :
http://web.amnesty.org/report2005/irn-summary-eng

"In November and December Leyla Mafi, who was reported to be a child offender with mental disabilities, and Hajieh Esmailvand were sentenced to death, the latter reportedly by stoning. They were convicted of prostitution and other acts of immorality (amal khalaf-e ofat). Following domestic and international protests both women were granted a stay of execution. Afsaneh Norouzi, who was sentenced to death in 2003, had her case transferred to a conciliation council."

Another very nice issue: Child execution (http://web.amnesty.org/pages/irn-090205-action-eng) Enjoy!
How can a country that produces such wonderful films manage to do such awful things.

M.

PS: Sorry if you took it personally it was only to tease what I think was a stuborn defense.

Edited by Maharbbal - 31-May-2006 at 19:34
I am a free donkey!
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 00:31

@Maharbbal, nice sites, but i am sure Master-Blaster would denay again.

@Master_Blaster,
Your claims are biased, i won't accept any baseless claims from your side anymore, unless you come up with some sources. Don't tell me you have no need to prove anything, actually you have. I have provide my sources and now i want to see yours. This is an unwritten rule in AE forums. Here you will consider as biased, if you can't prove your claims.

Sorry to say that, but here is not Iran, and you are not an iranian information agent, and i am not an iranian journalist, so you can't dictate me how or what i have to write. I have already answered the rest of your questions, no need to repeat them again.

For me you are a Mullahs regime supporter, it is very abviouse, if man read your posts.

You want to disscusse with me? ok i do very well, and don't worry i will treat you with respect.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 17:57

@Maharbbal, nice sites, but i am sure Master-Blaster would denay again.

I would deny any absurd claim unless it was substantiated with solid evidence.

@Master_Blaster,

Your claims are biased, i won't accept any baseless claims from your side anymore, unless you come up with some sources.

My claims are not biased at all. You have lost this argument and since you cannot validate any of your anti-IRI posts, you have fallen to the level of launching personal insults against me.

Don't tell me you have no need to prove anything, actually you have. I have provide my sources and now i want to see yours.

What do I have to prove? I am not the one that has posted article after article, started thread after thread, villifying an entire people as you have. You are the one who has made these ridiculous accusations and hence, the burden of proof lies with you.

This is an unwritten rule in AE forums.

I would hope that providing a "source" would be an "unwritten" rule of any debate. Only naive children would take for truth the opinions of others without being provided unbiased proof to collaborate the claims.

Here you will consider as biased, if you can't prove your claims.

Again, YOU are the one that has made the accusations on AE -countless times if I may add - and the burden of proof lies with you.

Sorry to say that, but here is not Iran, and you are not an iranian information agent,

You are correct. I am not an "Iranian information agent" and this is definitely not Iran.

and i am not an iranian journalist, so you can't dictate me how or what i have to write.

If you were an Iranian journalist, I would hope that you would write substantiated articles instead of trying to pass off your own gossip and opinion.

I have already answered the rest of your questions, no need to repeat them again.

You have failed to answer any of my questions, all you have done is turned around and accused me of being a "supporter of the IRI" and an "Iranian information agent" - those aren't rebuttals.

For me you are a Mullahs regime supporter, it is very abviouse, if man read your posts.

So, just because someone disagrees with you and the sources you present, they are "obviously" a "Mullahs' regime supporter" ? As if I needed any more proof that you are deranged.

You want to disscusse with me? ok i do very well, and don't worry i will treat you with respect.

I was discussing this issue with you in a respectful manner but once you realized that your arguments were flawed, you chose to be disrespectful towards me by accusing me of being biased, and a supporter of the IRI - which I am not.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 00:57
Heres an article which states the account of one Iranian woman activist, Roya Tolouee, who revealed she was subjected to sexual assaults by Iranian intelligent agents in the name of Islam.   Do you think these agents were acting on their own behalf (as corrupt officials) or on behalf of the regime? Is it possible that they are in fact using their religion as justification for their actions?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/05/iran_rapes_and_.html

Im really interested in this topic and how it affects the future of Iranian women, and I hereby implore Maziar and Master Blaster to please set aside your personal political grievances in an attempt to avoid a moderator closing this thread due to personal attacks. I noticed things are starting to get at little heated between you two, and yet I admire and respect both your views and your passion for what you wish to express. I would, however, wish to keep this thread open so that the struggle of the Iranian woman can be discussed openly, intelligently and in a respectful and meaningful manner. Thank you.   
"Morty

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 09:25
Ok offcourse i won't answer Master_Blaster againSmile. He can't argue and he avoid to bring sources. disscussing with such people is a waist of time.
And thank you for your interest for Iranian women.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 11:10

Ok offcourse i won't answer Master_Blaster again[IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>. He can't argue and he avoid to bring sources. disscussing with such people is a waist of time.
And thank you for your interestfor Iranian women.

Don't misunderstand me, Maziar!     I want you to respond...that's what a forum is all about. But responses don't have to include threats, personal attacks, name calling or just an overall rotten attitude or an unnecessary tone. I happen to think Master Blaster makes a lot of sense in his evaluations and I value his opinions (even though sometimes he's a bit "rough around the edges" ). My main concern is to discuss this subject with others who maybe have personal knowledge of Iranian women's struggle and to hear different views on the matter, including from those who believe women should have no rights at all. Another concern is to avoid having this thread closed as I want to make this thread accessible for others to be able to read and actively and openly participate in same.

The truth of the matter is that women are not only oppressed in Iran, but in many countries as well and I think is it worthwhile mentioning what these women actually go through on a daily basis, what they think about the situation (if they dare speak of it), and possible remedial methods presently in place or that should be implemented to aid in their struggle.
Let's bring these women out into the "light" and away from the back burner!
"Morty

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 14:25
Ok Morty i think you are right and i agree. I will search the web again and i will open my ears to news from Iran and i will post again. Thanks for your responsSmile
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 17:04

SEX SLAVES

A measure of Islamic fundamentalists success in controlling society is the depth and totality with which they suppress the freedom and rights of women. In Iran for 25 years, the ruling mullahs have enforced humiliating and sadistic rules and punishments on women and girls, enslaving them in a gender apartheid system of segregation, forced veiling, second-class status, lashing, and stoning to death.

Joining a global trend, the fundamentalists have added another way to dehumanize women and girls: buying and selling them for prostitution. Exact numbers of victims are impossible to obtain, but according to an official source in Tehran, there has been a 635 percent increase in the number of teenage girls in prostitution. The magnitude of this statistic conveys how rapidly this form of abuse has grown. In Tehran, there are an estimated 84,000 women and girls in prostitution, many of them are on the streets, others are in the 250 brothels that reportedly operate in the city. The trade is also international: thousands of Iranian women and girls have been sold into sexual slavery abroad.

The head of Irans Interpol bureau believes that the sex slave trade is one of the most profitable activities in Iran today. This criminal trade is not conducted outside the knowledge and participation of the ruling fundamentalists. Government officials themselves are involved in buying, selling, and sexually abusing women and girls.

Many of the girls come from impoverished rural areas. Drug addiction is epidemic throughout Iran, and some addicted parents sell their children to support their habits.
High unemployment  28 percent for youth 15-29 years of age and 43 percent for women 15-20 years of age  is a serious factor in driving restless youth to accept risky offers for work. Slave traders take advantage of any opportunity in which women and children are vulnerable. For example, following the recent earthquake in Bam, orphaned girls have been kidnapped and taken to a known slave market in Tehran where Iranian and foreign traders meet.

Popular destinations for victims of the slave trade are the Arab countries in the Persian Gulf. According to the head of the Tehran province judiciary, traffickers target girls between 13 and 17, although there are reports of some girls as young as 8 and 10, to send to Arab countries. One ring was discovered after an 18 year-old girl escaped from a basement where a group
of girls were held before being sent to Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates. The number of Iranian women and girls who are deported from Persian Gulf countries indicates the magnitude of the trade. Upon their return to Iran, the Islamic fundamentalists blame the victims, and often physically punish and imprison them. The women are examined to determine if they have engaged in immoral activity. Based on the findings, officials can ban them from leaving the country again.

Police have uncovered a number of prostitution and slavery rings operating from Tehran that have sold girls to France, Britain, Turkey as well. One network based in Turkey bought smuggled Iranian women and girls, gave them fake passports, and transported them to European and Persian Gulf countries. In one case, a 16-year-old girl was smuggled to Turkey, and then sold to a 58-year-old European national for $20,000.

In the northeastern Iranian province of Khorasan, local police report that girls are being sold to Pakistani men as sex-slaves. The Pakistani men marry the girls, ranging in age from 12 to 20, and then sell them to brothels called Kharabat in Pakistan. One network was caught contacting poor families around Mashad and offering to marry girls. The girls were then taken through Afghanistan to Pakistan where they were sold to brothels.
In the southeastern border province of Sistan Baluchestan, thousands of Iranian girls reportedly have been sold to Afghani men. Their final destinations are unknown.

One factor contributing to the increase in prostitution and the sex slave trade is the number of teen girls who are running away from home. The girls are rebelling against fundamentalist imposed restrictions on their freedom, domestic abuse, and parental drug addictions.
Unfortunately, in their flight to freedom, the girls find more abuse and exploitation. Ninety percent of girls who run away from home will end up in prostitution. As a result of runaways, in Tehran alone there are an estimated 25,000 street children, most of them girls.
Pimps prey upon street children, runaways, and vulnerable high school girls in city parks. In one case, a woman was discovered selling Iranian girls to men in Persian Gulf countries; for four years, she had hunted down runaway girls and sold them. She even sold her own daughter for US$11,000.

Given the totalitarian rule in Iran, most organized activities are known to the authorities. The exposure of sex slave networks in Iran has shown that many mullahs and officials are involved in the sexual exploitation and trade of women and girls. Women report that in order to have a judge approve a divorce they have to have sex with him. Women who are arrested for prostitution say they must have sex with the arresting officer. There are reports of police locating young women for sex for the wealthy and powerful mullahs.

In cities, shelters have been set-up to provide assistance for runaways. Officials who run these shelters are often corrupt; they run prostitution rings using the girls from the shelter. For example in Karaj, the former head of a Revolutionary Tribunal and seven other senior officials were arrested in connection with a prostitution ring that used 12 to 18 year old girls from a shelter called the Center of Islamic Orientation.

Other instances of corruption abound. There was a judge in Karaj who was involved in a network that identified young girls to be sold abroad. And in Qom, the center for religious training in Iran, when a prostitution ring was broken up, some of the people arrested were from government agencies, including the Department of Justice.

The ruling fundamentalists have differing opinions on their official position on the sex trade: deny and hide it or recognize and accommodate it. In 2002, a BBC journalist was deported for taking photographs of prostitutes. Officials told her: We are deporting you because you have taken pictures of prostitutes. This is not a true reflection of life in our Islamic Republic. We dont have prostitutes. Yet, earlier the same year, officials of the Social Department of the Interior Ministry suggested legalizing prostitution as a way to manage it and control the spread of HIV. They proposed setting-up brothels, called morality houses, and using the traditional religious custom of temporary marriage, in which a couple can marry for a short period of time, even an hour, to facilitate prostitution. Islamic fundamentalists ideology and practices are adaptable when it comes to controlling and using women.

Some may think a thriving sex trade in a theocracy with clerics acting as pimps is a contradiction in a country founded and ruled by Islamic fundamentalists. In fact, this is not a contradiction. First, exploitation and repression of women are closely associated. Both exist where women, individually or collectively, are denied freedom and rights. Second, the Islamic fundamentalists in Iran are not simply conservative Muslims. Islamic fundamentalism is a political movement with a political ideology that considers women inherently inferior in intellectual and moral capacity. Fundamentalists hate womens minds and bodies. Selling women and girls for prostitution is just the dehumanizing complement to forcing women and girls to cover their bodies and hair with the veil.

In a religious dictatorship like Iran, one cannot appeal to the rule of law for justice for women and girls. Women and girls have no guarantees of freedom and rights, and no expectation of respect or dignity from the Islamic fundamentalists. Only the end of the Iranian regime will free women and girls from all the forms of slavery they suffer.

Edited by Maziar - 06-Jun-2006 at 17:06
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 20:00

Originally posted by morticia

Heres an article which states the account of one Iranian woman activist, Roya Tolouee, who revealed she was subjected to sexual assaults by Iranian intelligent agents in the name of Islam.   Do you think these agents were acting on their own behalf (as corrupt officials) or on behalf of the regime? Is it possible that they are in fact using their religion as justification for their actions?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/05/iran_rapes_and_.html

Im really interested in this topic and how it affects the future of Iranian women, and I hereby implore Maziar and Master Blaster to please set aside your personal political grievances in an attempt to avoid a moderator closing this thread due to personal attacks. I noticed things are starting to get at little heated between you two, and yet I admire and respect both your views and your passion for what you wish to express. I would, however, wish to keep this thread open so that the struggle of the Iranian woman can be discussed openly, intelligently and in a respectful and meaningful manner. Thank you.   

Morticia, I respect you. I believe you to be a very intelligent person and as such, I am ASTONISHED and deeply troubled that you would take into account the views expressed on a website such as that. Please take a look at the other articles posted on that website from where you have obtained that article. The website can hardly be considered trustworthy. It is obvious to anyone with an open mind that the website is nothing more than a blog for hate-mongers. If they make a mistake or a wild accusation, they are not held responsible, nor do they feel the need to apologize to their audience. I am asking you to seek the truth in the written word of reliable sources such as the British Broadcasting Company, the Canadian Broadcasting Company, the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, etc. an entity that is responsible to its consumers, one that checks the facts and prints only the facts and not merely the opinions or views of hate mongers.

As far as your question about the rape of female Iranian prisoners is concerned, allow me to answer:

If the rapes of Iranian female prisoners inside the Islamic Republic by Iranian government agents do in fact take place, (and for the sake of argument, let us assume they do), then these rapes are not condoned by the ruling establishment the Shia Islamic clergy. The rapes of female prisoners take place because MEN are placed in a position of authority over these women without the fear of repercussions for their actions. It is the same reason that Bosnian Muslim women were raped en masse by the Eastern Orthodox Christian Serbs, it is the same reason that Eastern Orthodox Christian Russians rape Chechen Muslim women today, and the same reason that Eastern Orthodox Christian Russians raped Afghan Muslim women during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, it is the same reason that Christian American soldiers have raped Iraqi women, it is the same reason that Christian American soldiers raped Vietnamese women during the Vietnam War, it is the same reason that in American prisons today, male corrections officers routinely rape female and male prisoners, need I go on? When men have absolute power over another person especially a female and they do not have fear of any condemnation for consequences for their actions, it has historically been proven that some men will in fact take advantage of their position and engage in activities that they otherwise would not take part in.

Also, bear in mind that devout Muslim men who view themselves as fighters in the name of Islam would not dare harm a Muslim woman even if she were only nominally Muslim. Take into consideration the fact that the 3,000 to 6,000 estimated foreign Muslim fighters who entered Bosnia-Herzegovina from 1992-1995 and fought on the side of the Bosniaks against their Serbian aggressors did not partake in the so-called spoils of war by raping Muslim or Christian females or looting from areas that came under their control. Whereas the Serbs, Montenegrins, and Croats indulged themselves in the mass rapes of Bosnian Muslim women, the foreign devoutly Muslim fighters chose to instead marry some of these women had they wanted to they too could have engaged in mass rape, they were in the same situation and subjected to the same harsh conditions of war that their adversaries were in but they did not! They had higher moral standards because of their faith and because they were God fearing men.

Take a look at the rise of the Taliban in Afghanistan, the Taliban came to power and were at first welcomed by the Afghans because the Northern Alliance fighters who now have the backing of the United States, engaged in the kidnapping and rapes of Afghan Muslim women. The Northern Alliance fighters are and were all Afghans but they were either nominally Muslim or Communists (implying that they were atheists and not God fearing). Mollah Mohammed Omar won fame when he and 30 of his Talib students took up arms and publicly executed a local Afghan warlord who had raped two teenaged girls. Do you think the Taliban ever raped a Muslim woman? Ask any Afghan woman that lived in Afghanistan during their rule sure they were guilty of suppressing womens rights in other areas but they never sexually molested or raped a woman.

The same can be said of northern Nigeria and of Somalia. In the former country, crime and rape was rampant until the Islamic clerics installed Sharia Law, now, the rogues and thugs fear the consequences of Sharia Law being imposed upon them by devout Muslim men and rape occurs far more often in the southern Christian parts of Nigeria than the northern Islamic states of that country. In Somalia, the atheist or nominally Muslim militias backed by the United States have been guilty of perpetrating rape and other vile crimes against the Muslim women and Muslim members of Somali society and that is why the Islamic Courts and the Muslim militias aligned with the Islamic Courts are actually winning the approval of the Somali people because they do not engage in rape or other violations of women!

I cannot say this enough times, devout Muslim men do not rape Muslim women especially in an officially Islamic state governed by Islamic principles.

Btw: You are very right I am rough around the edges. LOLOL

Ok offcourse i won't answer Master_Blaster again . He can't argue and he avoid to bring sources. disscussing with such people is a waist of time.

And thank you for your interest for Iranian women.

I am sorry Mazier but it is you and not I that has made the accusations, and it is you and not I that has been unable to substantiate the allegations, and it is you and not I that has a history of posting articles from extremely biased sources.

All I asked you to do was provide me with ONE credible, neutral, unbiased source to substantiate your accusations against the Islamic Republic of Iran but you have consistently failed to do that and instead you have chosen to attack my personal character because you lacked a good counterargument.

SEX SLAVES

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1179 1

Prior to posting such nonsense, you ought to take into careful consideration, the source from which these allegations are being made. The link you have posted is not credible. It is not a reputable media outlet. It is a blog maintained by some Jewish extremist with the surname "Horowitz" - now tell me something, do you really expect a Jewish extremist to have an unbiased view of Islam or the Islamic Republic of Iran, the same Iran that currently is the only threat to Israel? The link you posted is utter nonsense. I can't believe I even bothered to read such racist, anti-Muslim, Islamophobic garbage.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>