Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Burka vs Bikini ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burka vs Bikini ???
    Posted: 07-Aug-2006 at 22:56
Maybe because I'm a chauvinist asshole?Hug
annechka View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote annechka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 10:12

with regard to my previous post,  I meant these to topics seem to converging.  Many of the posts are similar.  Possibly these 2 topics should become one?

and isnt mcp the correct term?  but I digress
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 11:19
Originally posted by Master_Blaster

Maybe because I'm a chauvinist asshole?Hug

No, definitley not, but you have to open your mind to hear and understand another people's opinions.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 15:44
Originally posted by annechka

with regard to my previous post, I meant these to topics seem to converging. Many of the posts are similar. Possibly these 2 topics should become one?

and isnt mcp the correct term? but I digress

They are two different topics. This one is about Burka or Bikini - the other is about feminism and how far it's gone for some. In this particular topic, Burka or Bikini, I find that those are two extremes. Why does it have to be the two extremes? For example:

Burka

Bikini

Both are extreme way of dressing. How about the millions of women that don't wear either? Like, maybe...

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 16:21

The so-called "two extremes" only exist within the mindset of people unfamiliar with the Islamic world. Muslim women in the West and in the Middle East/Central Asia are not oppressed or forced to wear the veil (unless you're speaking of isolated, Islamist regimes in Iran and Saudi Arabia). You'd actually be surprised to witness women choosing Western garb, or very fashionable "Eastern dress" as opposed to wearing the burkha or hejab.

The problem that the conservative Eastern world has of the West is that all Western women are promiscious and "put out" -more than anything, it's just ignorance on both sides.

I especially appreciated morticia's last post, it proves that women can dress elegantly, and still appear attractive and sensual.
BlindOne View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BlindOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 16:45
Bikini FTW

Well with Bikini you are sure that there is no case to find out that the girl you have married is a gay with long beard (like Gimli) LOL.
That I am stricken and can't let you go
When the heart is cold, there's no hope, and we know
That I am crippled by all that you've done
Into the abyss, will I run

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 13:06
Originally posted by BlindOne

Bikini FTW

Well with Bikini you are sure that there is no case to find out that the girl you have married is a gay with long beard (like Gimli) [IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>.

That's very funny, Blind One! But, I'm sure there are other ways to find out who you are marrying!
"Morty

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 09:24
Both are extreme way of dressing. How about the millions of women that don't wear either? Like, maybe...
For certain I do prefer naked women :p
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 11:12
Originally posted by Serge L

For certain I do prefer naked women

...it is how we are born, isn't it?
"Morty

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 17:32
I do find one thing curious, why is a naked body considered obscene by so many. We all have them, the great artists of the world found them to be fitting subjects. So whats the big deal.  
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 17:45
Originally posted by Dawn

I do find one thing curious, why is a naked body considered obscene by so many. We all have them, the great artists of the world found them to be fitting subjects. So whats the big deal.  

The big deal is that a naked body implies sex and rational minded people would be offended to have to see or have their children or loved ones witness the "private parts" of others.

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 19:06

Does it imply sex always and to everyone? I think not. I can't speak for other "rational minded" people but for myself ( and most would consider me such) sex is the furthest thing from my mind when I see a child playing in the water in it's birthday suit or a mother nursing her baby or  Michelangelo's David all I see is the natural perfection of the human condition.  Have you ever considered that perhaps it is not the naked human form but the context in which it is placed that is the obsenity?

Edited by Dawn - 15-Aug-2006 at 19:07
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 19:20
I agree with you there. Since childhood we are taught that we are to "cover up" and conceal our "private" parts. It's something we're systemmatically institionalized to believe by society. I can't really say I disagree with it. A naked baby is one thing - a naked man or woman walking down the street is another.Confused

Plus, let's not kid ourselves here, most people don't have that perfect physique. That's probably another reason people would be offended by it! LOL

Edited by Master_Blaster - 15-Aug-2006 at 19:22
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 08:59
Indeed, we are all nude inside our clothes.
However, comparative anthropology teaches that the association of sex with nudity is something mainly cultural, not inborn.
For instance, some tribes with rare encounter with "civilized" people usually stay without dress, and do not considerr it obscene.
In particular, I remember a documentary about one of them, where people used to tie their penes to a stick, which, on turn, is tied to a sort of belt. That use probabliy originated to avoid hindrance while running. However, people there consider perfectly decent to show their genitals, but if one has an untied penis, oh, that is really ridicle and embarassing!
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 10:52

What is obscene, embarrasing, offensive or unnatural about nudity?

The problem is solely "In the eye of the beholder" (or rather brain) - and the hallucinations that brain produces.
If you have a natural relaxed view on nudity, then you will know its not related to sex. Maybe some poor hormone tormented guy on 14 will relate it to sex, but then he will probably also relate a girls bicycle to sex.

Sexuality and sensuality is very different from nudity, and noone has to be ashamed of their body regardlessly of age.
The trend with a "perfect body" so slim, that you can hide behind a pencil is long overdue.
Enjoy your freedom - and put clothes on when you are cold. Smile

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 14:21
Originally posted by Northman

What is obscene, embarrasing,offensive or unnatural about nudity?

There is absolutely nothing wrong, embarrasing, obscene or offensive about nudity. However, "society" in general has not conformed to such way of thinking YET! However, I'm in agreement with MB that most don't have a well built physique, and sometimes it's much better to see someone with clothes on than without!
"Morty

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 14:28
Well i prefer non of those outfits. Best is nakedTongue
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 08:01
One thing everybody needs to keep in mind is by whom this thread was started. What else can you expect from Muslims. They would never understand the value or meaning of words like freedom, equal opportunities etc..It just doesnt exist in their culture & religion. First of all a muslim man talking about women is itself a big joke. For them they are nothing more than breeders of children to be used & enjoyed as the long world history has repetedly shown (even today). They not only surpressed & committed attroicities on the women of the cultures they conuered, they denied basic human rights, exploited & comitted attroicities even against their own women.

so dont expect a rational view on this subject from them. The Burkha doesnt cover the Muslim women. It covers the inferiority complex of the muslim male.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 08:15
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

The Burkha doesnt cover the Muslim women. It covers the inferiority complex of the muslim male.
Yes i could accept that. But not the all muslim womans wear burka.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 13:52
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

One thing everybody needs to keep in mind is by whom this thread was started. What else can you expect from Muslims. They would never understand the value or meaning of words like freedom, equal opportunities etc..It just doesnt exist in their culture & religion. First of all a muslim man talking about women is itself a big joke. For them they are nothing more than breeders of children to be used & enjoyed as the long world history has repetedly shown (even today). They not only surpressed & committed attroicities on the women of the cultures they conuered, they denied basic human rights, exploited & comitted attroicities even against their own women.so dont expect a rational view on this subject from them. The Burkha doesnt cover the Muslim women. It covers the inferiority complex of the muslim male.

Welcome and thanks for your opinion, Vivek Sharma. Hopefully, some day, oppressed women all over the world will be afforded more freedom than what they've been accustomed to. However, keep in mind that such radical changes take many many years to come to fruition. There are many wonderful and strong muslim women working very hard (and even risking their lives) to bring about more awareness of the women's issues in their respective countries, and I am very proud of them for that.

Edited by morticia - 23-Aug-2006 at 13:53
"Morty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>