Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question on Viking Berserker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
white knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote white knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on Viking Berserker
    Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 00:14
    Is it true that the mongols or tatars fear them?

Edited by white knight - 09-Sep-2006 at 00:15
Ey_Iran View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ey_Iran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 02:48
HAha wath? The mongols where the most berzerk fighters ever. they where always outnmbered but fought as savages. The only known viking records are the Romans, barbarians of orth with smart ships.
=)
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 04:09
What the? How the **** should Mongols know of Vikings? They lived like several thousands of kilometers west...

By the time the Genghis Khan started his conquests there were no real Vikings left...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 04:27
Originally posted by white knight

Is it true that the mongols or tatars fear them?

No.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 05:57
Originally posted by Ey_Iran

The only known viking records are the Romans, barbarians of orth with smart ships.

Roman sources for Vikings...? Iteresting, you must tell me where, they would make our research completely stand on its head. Especially since there are a good four centuries dividing the Romans and the Vikings.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 06:24
And how can ships be smart, for that is what the word pair
smart ships
means...

I presume the ships talked to each other and could travel in time and space...

*poof* the ship is in the East Japan Sea 1250 *poof* the ship is in the Mediterranean Sea 100 AD...*poof* the ship is gone.

And to continue, the few known records of Vikings are by the Vikings themselves, Arabians, Rus chronicles and Early Christian books from France and Albion and Hibernia.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 07:03
Iv heard that smart ships were given to vikings by Martians, who were supporting them against the Mongols. Actually when Martians landed first time on earth, they discovered that Mongols are developing their own smart ship technology, which would allowe them conquer the whole world. To protect world from Mongols the Martians gave smart ships to Vikings and also taught them how to build such ships.
It resulted in great sea battle in 1150 AD when great mongol smart ship armada met on the sea viking fleet. After 3 days long battle all the mongol and most of viking smart ships were sunk so today many dont belive that smart ships ever exsited.

As for the sources about vikings, we know them mostly from Martian chronicles, known as "Saga's". Those chronicles often describe advanced martian technology, ships, planes etc but after Viking-Martian victory over Mongols the Martians left earth and only stories about them were left. With time those stories changed into legends, planes into dragons, canons into magic hammers, smart ships into magic ships.

Few people realise today how much Mars contributed to the victory over Mongols. Some Martian novelists still write adveture stories about those times. I remeber i get once
"*%$#^&*^$%#$$%%^^$$$^^%$##$%^&%$##$%%^^&&%$$$%^&&$$^&&%$$%^&&$%$#$%^^&^%$$"

what in english means: "Egils Saga". It describe the adventures of famous Martian traveller and warior who settled on earth and lived with vikings, his name was "$%#$$%%^^$$$^^%$##" but vikings called him "Egill Skallagrimsson".
Also many scandinavians were visting Martian capital city &*^$%^&*^$^&&%^#@  which they called "Valhalla". Most of the visitors liked this city so much that there were only few who wanted to go back to scandinavia and even today there are Martians who claim that are descedants of vikings who settled there.

Edited by Mosquito - 09-Sep-2006 at 13:53
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 10:49
Originally posted by Mosquito

Iv heard that smart ships were given to vikings by Martians, who were supporting them against the Mongols. Actually when Martians landed first time on earth, they discovered that Mongols are developing their own smart ship technology, which would allowe them conquer the whole world. To protect world from Mongols the Martians gave smart ships to Vikings and also teught them how to build such ships.
It resulted in great sea battle in 1150 AD when great mongol smart ship armada met on the sea viking fleet. After 3 days long battle all the mongol and most of viking smart ships were sunk so today many dont belive that smart ships ever exsited.

As for the sources about vikings, we know them mostly from Martian chronicles, known as "Saga's". Those chronicles often describe advanced martian technology, ships, planes etc but after Viking-Martian victory over Mongols the Martians left earth and only stories about them were left. With time those stories changed into legends, planes into dragons, canons into magic hammers, smart ships into magic ships.

Few people realise today how much Mars contributed to the victory over Mongols. Some Martian novelists still write adveture stories about those times. I remeber i get once
"*%$#^&*^$%#$$%%^^$$$^^%$##$%^&%$##$%%^^&&%$$$%^&&$$^&&%$$%^&&$%$#$%^^&^%$$"

what in english means: "Egils Saga". It describe the adventures of famous Martian traveller and wariors who settled on earth and lived with vikings, his name was "$%#$$%%^^$$$^^%$##" but vikings called him "Egill Skallagrimsson".
Also many scandinavians were visting Martian capital city &*^$%^&*^$^&&%^#@  which they called "Valhalla". Most of the visitors liked this city so much that there were only few who wanted to go back to scandinavia and even today there are Martians who claim that are descedants of vikings who settled there.

This explains all LOLLOLLOL
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 12:21
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

The only known viking records are the Romans, barbarians of orth with smart ships.

Roman sources for Vikings...? Iteresting, you must tell me where, they would make our research completely stand on its head. Especially since there are a good four centuries dividing the Romans and the Vikings.

Perhaps he refers to (Eastern) Romans, nowadays improperly called Byzantines.

Edited by Leonardo - 09-Sep-2006 at 12:23
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 15:49
As far as we know, there was no contact between the Scandinavians of the Viking Age and the Mongolian tribes who would later conquer much of the world. Simple as that.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 17:41
Originally posted by Leonardo

Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Perhaps he refers to (Eastern) Romans, nowadays improperly called Byzantines.

Even then, saying that byzantine sources are the only ones we have on the vikings is like saying that the memoirs of Marco Polo are all we have on the history of China. It is still a stupid remark.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
hulkster225 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote hulkster225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 19:22
Quite possibly the dumbest question EVER.  Just curious, where did you hear that the Mongols, even came in contact with the Vikings?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 19:31
Originally posted by hulkster225

Quite possibly the dumbest question EVER.  Just curious, where did you hear that the Mongols, even came in contact with the Vikings?

He probably saw that foolish movie "The 13th warior" where is scene when Tatars are escaping because saw a viking boat on the river coming..

The movie is one of the most stupid iv ever seen, not to mention the fact that Vikings are armed with non scandianvian armours and arms (if i remeber well i even saw Tracian gladiator helmet and 16th century breastplate)
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 20:30
Honestly - this is no way to comment on a question from a 5 day old member with 5 posts on his account. Not all of us are so superior that we cant ask a question a little off base.
Cut people some slack, and use your knowledge to help instead of ridicule new members.

Thank you.

White Knight:

Your question is fine.
Viking warriors spread fear and horror whereever and amongst whoever they decided to raid. In general, most of these raids took place between 700 and 1066.
You are asking if some other warriors at that time feared them. Are you thinking of the slavic tribes they met while venturing into todays russia - or maybe the muslims near Byzantium?

Like others said, the mongols are later than the Vikings, so they couldnt have met.

Edited by Northman - 09-Sep-2006 at 20:31
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 20:54
Originally posted by Northman

Honestly - this is no way to comment on a question from a 5 day old member with 5 posts on his account. Not all of us are so superior that we cant ask a question a little off base.
Cut people some slack, and use your knowledge to help instead of ridicule new members.

Yes, I agree, most of the replies have negatively charged words in them that are completely unnecessary for anything other than elevating the author at the expense of this new member.

Let's just hope he's not completely turned off.
white knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote white knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 23:27
      LOL... yeah i saw the movie.   I didn't notice the dates don't match... 10 century vikings, 13th century mongols.
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 00:05
I happen to adore that movie (and the book).

Besides, when is historical accuracy imortant in a movie? Tongue
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 09:03
Indeed, I must apologize on my earlier comments.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 12:39

Thank you.

Sorry if I offended White Knight, I didnt mean to. My ridicule was pointed towards Ey_Iran.
(who by now has managed to get himself kicked out just four days after joining, so I see no reason for taking my words back there...Wink)

Anyway, I liked the thirteenth warrior. Of course it is not historically accurate, no movie is. Still good entertainment.

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 13:24
Is it so hard for movie makers to dress and arm the vikings with scandinavian armours and arms? Does tracian helmet really look much better than many scandinavian type helmets?

Viking warriors spread fear and horror whereever and amongst whoever they decided to raid. In general, most of these raids took place between 700 and 1066. 

Actually western slavic tribes didnt fear the vikings at all. Whats more, western slavic tribes were raiding scandinavians so much that some harbour areas were completelly depopulated. Most of the vikings were afraid to sail too close to isle of Rugen which was a base of western slavic pirates.

The viking stronghold of Jomsborg was under rules of Polish dukes. In the end of its history Jomsborg was more slavic than scandinavian and slavic Jomsvikings plundered even Hedeby. Canute the Great who was half polish asked polish king for help and recived from him few hundrieds polish wariors who helped in conquest of England.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>