Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Iranian woman in the space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Iranian woman in the space
    Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 21:42
Anousheh Ansari, has been officially named to the Soyuz TMA-9 primary crew.  The first female spaceflight participant will launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on September 18, 2006 en route to the International Space Station (ISS) along with the Expedition 14 crew members: NASA astronaut Michael Lopez-Alegria and Russian cosmonaut Mikhail Tyurin.

By reaching this dream Ive had since childhood, I hope to tangibly demonstrate to young people all over the world that there is no limit to what they can accomplish, said Anousheh Ansari, chairman and co-founder of Prodea Systems, Inc.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 10:19
Excellent achievement!    
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 19:10
Why waste US $20 million on a vacation when she could have donated that money to non-profit women's and girls foundations that work for the advancement of females in their respective societies???
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 18:44
Why should always western people "waste" their money?
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 09:47
How can you say she's wasted money? She's proved that women in particular musilm women are not to be underestimated and that they shouldn't have to live in supression all their lives. She's shown that women are as capable as men at achieving great things and she's stood up the men of her own country who view women as inferior.

But I suppose everythings a waste of money unless the states benefit from it.
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Giordano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Giordano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 10:38
I think her goal is to proven something and to write her name to history,this is good but i'm not sure to spend 20 m$ makes her a hero?I'm not an anti-feminist or similar.But i think heroity must not to buy,buy a ticket and be a hero?I believe women do most what men do,therefore perhaps she's wasted,i think Embarrassed
War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it.
Desiderius Erasmus
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 11:12
So those spaceflight participants are not selected for a space program and rather they just paid to get there?
What a waste of money really...Same as prince Sultan bin Salman that we sent out to the space so we can say the first "Muslim and Arab" astronaut. All by just brining a check with you in your pocket. I don't see how is she different. No offense, but if a monkey can bring his check too, I'm sure he can join the crew (anyhow poor monkies, they are sent against their will for experimenting Approve)
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 20:08
Originally posted by Maziar

Why should always western people "waste" their money?

She spent US $28 million for this selfish vacation of hers. If she were really interested in making the world a better place and all this other nonsense she's quoted as having said to the media, i.e. "first Muslim woman, first Iranian woman, yada yada yada," - then she should donate this money to building schools and social services for underprivileged Muslim and Iranian girls so that their lives can be changed for the positive.

All Ms. Ansari has done is try to make a name for herself. "Look I'm rich! Look what I can do!"
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 22:16
Don't worry Gambino, she has paid it from her OWN money. It wasn't yours.Wink
Btw why "should" she? who are you to say how the people have to spend their money?

Edited by Maziar - 27-Sep-2006 at 22:19
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 22:28
I'm not "telling" her how to spend her money, I was merely pointing out the selfishness she displayed and how that money could have been better spent.

If she wanted to take a very expensive vacation, then why publicize it as "I'm the first Muslim woman in space," or "I'm the first Iranian woman" in space," ??? People take expensive vacations all the time - no one publicizes it quite like this woman.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 11:15
Becouse she wanted to be the first Iranian woman in the space, I have never heared she saying she is the first "Muslim" woman in the space. Btw, she has earned that money herself. Isn't it selfish to point out how she should spend it? or better let her decide it herself?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 17:28
I'm not telling her how she should spend her money - I am passing judgement on how that money could be better spent, and on this woman's selfish ambitions and egotistic want for fame and glory.

I can't tell her how to spend her money, but I can certainly label her a fool for having selfishly wasted it.

shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 06:16
what about stopping the space program! We are spending billions of billions on it each year... all a big waste of money, instead of that the Nasa and the Esa and Russia could spend some more on freedom projects dont you think ;) 
Iran parast
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 09:54
LOL
Regardless what the people do, there is always someone who claims its a waste of money or waste of time.

Edited by Maziar - 30-Sep-2006 at 09:55
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 15:48
A $28 million dollar vacation to satisy her ego?

That is definitely a waste of money!

btw: Mazier, do you think it is a waste of money when the IRI funds Hezbollah and ships weapons to the Arabs in Palestine?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 16:20
She's shown that women are as capable as men at achieving great things

She did not achieved any thing. She just had enough money.

I also think,that This is waste of money.

I think she can do more beatiful and cheaper holiday at world. I dont think some darkness realy deserve that much money.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 19:04
Originally posted by gambino420

A $28 million dollar vacation to satisy her ego?
That is definitely a waste of money!

Come on, what's your probleme with her?Wink

btw: Mazier, do you think it is a waste of money when the IRI funds Hezbollah and ships weapons to the Arabs in Palestine?

I don't know, what do you say?LOL

Edited by Maziar - 30-Sep-2006 at 19:05
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 19:07
Originally posted by Mortaza

She's shown that women are as capable as men at achieving great things

She did not achieved any thing. She just had enough money.

I also think,that This is waste of money.

I think she can do more beatiful and cheaper holiday at world. I dont think some darkness realy deserve that much money.

Hey, this some darkness is created by allah, you kafir.Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 20:16
Originally posted by Maziar

I don't know, what do you say?LOL

You're evading the question.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 21:39
It's not only a waste of money, which belongs to Iranian people who are the first that need this money to feed their children, but also a crime. They support with this money the Hizbollah terrorists to kill civil people.

The difference here is Mrs. Ansari spend the money she has earned it herself, so she can do with it what she likes. But IRI takes away money from Iranians who need it and give it to a handfull of coward terrorists who sacrifise palestinian young innocent people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>