Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The "Estonia" disaster!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Estonia" disaster!!!
    Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 13:09

There hasn't been any discussions on this matter at all if i recall, although i haven't visited the forum for a while, but it would be very interesting to see what people know about the shipcrash. So, what do you think of it, a conspiracy of the Swedes, Estonians, Finns, all of them combined or Al-Qaeda as the US would probably suggest. There has been no information released about the crash nor has there been any authorization by any government to make a good and proper search of the ship. Today i saw on our prime show in Estonia "Pealtngija" where a Swedish toll officer (now retired), talked about how military equipment was loaded upon the ship in cars which were not to be searched due to orders from high up. It is commonly known that there were weapons onboard, but who got them there and who blew up the ship and why.

There is a theory that KSI was involved. The same year that the Soviet Union was getting forces out of the Baltics and had many many types of weaponry still there the Swedes didn't see a problem at secretely getting some of them to Sweden and then smuggled them.

Is anyone interested in the matter in any way, just give me your opinion!

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 13:55
The equipment was supposed to be Russian stuff and if any "smuggling" was going on by the Swedish government I'm quite confident the Estonians were aware of it, seing the close military ties and how the Estonians get tonnes of equipment and expertice from the Swedish Defence.

On the conspiracy part - no I don't think there is something fishy going on. Thorough investigations on the locks of the bow port indeed showed that they were too weak to take the heavy seas. Talking about blowing up the ship is quite over the top.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2004 at 14:05
Then why doesn't any government official comment on the matter? Nobody is let near the wreck. Doesn't seem to me as an accident at all.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 11:48
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

Then why doesn't any government official comment on the matter? Nobody is let near the wreck. Doesn't seem to me as an accident at all.

Well how do you think they sunk it? People would have noticed a bomb.

And since the weapons were Russian seems to me the Russians had the biggest reason for sinking it. It takes years for governments to admit they've done anything wrong. So around 2020 we may get something officiall
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 05:47
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

The dive ban is to prevent curious people diving around the grave of 800 people, kind of like archaeologists aren't allowed to dig in a grave yards. It's quite a common practice with wrecks like these.
 Post Reply Post Reply