Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Napoleonic Total War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Napoleonic Total War
    Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:44
Have you guys tried this mod for RTW? It has the Borodino Scenario and in a month or so the Waterloo. It doesn't have the campaign though.

But in multiplayer, you can play as the French, Russians, and British. Very fun game to play. I don't play RTW anymore and at the moment NTW is the only game I've been playing, and it's keeping my attention. Very fun and a great challenge.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here being a Historical website.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 23-Sep-2006 at 15:46
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 19:59
Alright, maybe no one is answering since they didn't see anything from it. Here's their website, http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/ 
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:35
Thanks,

downloaded it and am playing it. The graphics are better than Rome. Had the MTW nap and hellenistic mods but this is even better.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 17:16
The Lordz are known for producing top notch mods for the TW series.

I still can't figure out how to play the Russians the correct way in multiplayer. With France I only lost twice, and with the British, played'em once and got Destroyed by a player using the Russians.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 18:35
Sounds cool, Search And Destroy, do you have the site? How is the combat in the game, for example, is there both hand-to-hand combat and ranged combat?

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 18:54
They try to portray the period the best they could with the RTW engine. So you usually have to go for a baynet charge to win a battle. Though it really does depend on who you play as, the Russians are the best at melee, while the Brittish can get off more shots then the other factions. France has the best Light Infantry and is well rounded out.

Their website is in my second post, click on downloads and d/l the Borodino Pack, then the British Waterloo pack for the update.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 20:08
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

They try to portray the period the best they could with the RTW engine. So you usually have to go for a baynet charge to win a battle. Though it really does depend on who you play as, the Russians are the best at melee, while the Brittish can get off more shots then the other factions. France has the best Light Infantry and is well rounded out.

Their website is in my second post, click on downloads and d/l the Borodino Pack, then the British Waterloo pack for the update.

Thanks for the link. Just wondering, are their any unique units(like Highlanders, Cossacks, Landwhers, etc.)?

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 20:25
The factions are mostly made up of what they had historically, and the factions were made with the mindset of having different units. Their standard line units are even different from each other, all working in the way the faction would.
So yes, there are Highlanders and Cossacks and many more unique units. You won't be disappointed. These guys are very passionate about this period and everything it. They even took out the campaign because the RTW engine didn't allow the type of play they wanted. But their scenario of Borodino is good, and the multiplayer is well worth it.

Here's the Infantry preview for the French and Russians just to give you an idea of their units. The pictures don't work due to a overload of their website when the mod was released. http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6157&start=0

And here's the British unit roster, http://forum.thelordz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6539

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 26-Sep-2006 at 20:29
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 08:55
Wow, that looks like a very great mod. I am pretty bored with RTR now, and with the extreme detail and effort put into this mod by their creators, I would recommend anyone to download this mod.

tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 10:31
Good game and all, more tactical than rome, BUT I STILL STICK TO BI got a tournament to win hehehe.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 23:51

Since a brought a new friend that I met through NTW to these forums, I guess I should resurrect this thread. The last time I posted I believe there were three factions France, Britain, and Russia. Well now there are some new ones Prussia, Austria, United-Netherlands, and Brunswick.  There are also alot of new maps.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 19:14

Nice~ Downloaded and will play sometime this summer...

Join us.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 22:23
This summer? Slow or having a problem?
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 23:18
No, too busy to play game by myself. School in Far East is not as carefree as in Western school...Wink I am lucky one because my dad and my old kindergarden teacher were really smart and learnt stuff way ahead of many other kids. The reason why I do this is to expand my history knowledge. Game time is quite rare in South Korea, especially if you are in school... I am afraid.

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2007 at 23:54
RFG needs troops join today

some requirements are required
- Must own Rome total war and Barbarian invasion
- Must get the mod and all the patches (lucky for you those are free)
- Must be respectful and understanding of other people  
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 03:34
NTW2 is one of the best games ihave ever played. i have MTW2 and i only played it once or twice. on game compares to NTW2, but i must say it doesnt have Sp which kinda made me sad but even though it still is the best game
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 16:42
No doubt NTW2 is the best mod (technically) for the RTW engine.

Edited by axeman - 27-Feb-2007 at 16:43
 Post Reply Post Reply