Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women warriors.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women warriors.
    Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 04:52
Excellent. Until you get a lick of the whip that is. I often wonder if they really use horse whips though. Cause those things (I ride) from what I have seen can cause great damge to the flesh.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 05:51
I think ancient Chinese women warriors were able to compete more with Chinese men because martial arts give a physically weaker person a higher chance of success, and Chinese men were not much bigger than them.

Ancient Chinese Warrior Mu Guiying:

Edited by Hellios - 26-Oct-2006 at 05:51
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 05:55
"Sparten, you and me!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 07:58
LOL
"but I repeat myself".
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 08:27
Ancient Chinese equivalent can do a better job:

Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 22:35
There were Muslim women warriors even in the time of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) some of them went into battle with him, and one even saved his life once.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2006 at 05:34
Originally posted by Qutuz

There were Muslim women warriors even in the time of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) some of them went into battle with him, and one even saved his life once.

Interesting.  Do any images still exist?

Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 13:40
http://www.lothene.demon.co.uk/others/women.html

a whole site with women warriors
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by Top Gun

http://www.lothene.demon.co.uk/others/women.html

a whole site with women warriors

AWESOME, Top Gun!!! Thanks

I love this image of women warriors!!!

Edited by morticia - 01-Feb-2007 at 15:41
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 10:25

She's not exactly a warrior, but I think she's well suited to the topic of this thread.

"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2007 at 05:12
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2007 at 13:42
Originally posted by Xshayathiya

She's not exactly a warrior, but I think she's well suited to the topic of this thread.

Thank you Xshayathiya - she's a modern Woman Warrior! Although she looks more like a racecar driver! I guess that still makes her some sort of woman warrior!

Edited by morticia - 03-Feb-2007 at 13:43
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 10:12

well you dont have to look very far to find woman warriors in these days.

many modern armys include woman in combat roles. here in israel we have many woman in combat. be it in fighter planes. the navy or the infantry. the law that says that every 18 year old is to be drafted into the army includes woman too.

though for some reason woman in the infantry are mostly positioned in light infantry units.
heck my ex girlfriend was a combat soldier.

Edited by Raffi - 09-Feb-2007 at 10:15
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 10:40
Originally posted by Raffi

well you dont have to look very far to find woman warriors in these days.

many modern armys include woman in combat roles. here in israel we have many woman in combat. be it in fighter planes. the navy or the infantry. the law that says that every 18 year old is to be drafted into the army includes woman too.

though for some reason woman in the infantry are mostly positioned in light infantry units.
heck my ex girlfriend was a combat soldier.

everybody in Israel has to go in the army my mother to and the family of them either what did you do in the army
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 11:37
i was a medic in the armored core.
my company was one of the first to use the merkava 4.

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 12:32
Nichola Goddard served in Afghanistan where she was killed in action while scouting enemy positions for an artillery unit.
She fought bravely during the firefight & made it back to base alive but too wounded to live long & died a few hours later.

Capt. Nichola Goddard:

Edited by Hellios - 09-Feb-2007 at 12:34
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 15:21
Originally posted by Hellios

Nichola GoddardservedinAfghanistan where she was killed in action whilescouting enemy positions for an artillery unit.

She fought bravely during the firefight & made it back to base alive but too wounded to livelong &died afew hours later.

Capt. Nichola Goddard:

She was a Canadian soldier. I admire her dedication, strength, and honor in fighting for her country and I feel deeply indebted to her for her services, which, ultimately, resulted in the loss of her life. May she rest in peace!   
"Morty

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 17:47
Originally posted by morticia

Originally posted by Hellios

Nichola Goddard served in Afghanistan where she was killed in action while scouting enemy positions for an artillery unit.

She fought bravely during the firefight & made it back to base alive but too wounded to live long & died a few hours later.

Capt. Nichola Goddard:

She was a Canadian soldier. I admire her dedication, strength, and honor in fighting for her country and I feel deeply indebted to her for her services, which, ultimately, resulted in the loss of her life. May she rest in peace!   

Hail. ClapCry

Join us.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 10:32
Originally posted by Xshayathiya

Originally posted by morticia

Thank you Xshayathiya - she's a modern Woman Warrior!
Although she looks more like a racecar driver! I guess that still makes her some sort of woman warrior!

She's a Road Warrior like Mad Max.

Edited by Hellios - 13-Feb-2007 at 16:27
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:15

Kenaus Hasselaer Simonsdochter she formed an group of 300 women soldiers to hold off the spanish in the 80 years war.
She became famous in the Whole of Holland because she represented the resistable females.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>