Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lipstick and women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipstick and women
    Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 12:31
Originally posted by cahaya

oh morty.. i think u'll never let go for whtmortaz had said

How could I? I've never heard of anything like that in my entire life...choosing to kiss a wall instead of human lips! I'm suggesting that he use a statue from now on.....it's hard and stiff like a wall, but at least it has a SHAPE!   

Edited by morticia - 10-Nov-2006 at 12:34
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 12:46

Yeah!.. That.. I totally agree... LOL wnt to hook him up with something u knw?

I saw a mannequin at women department in a shopping mall... wearing some elegant dress with handbag and all.. look gorgeous..  will it be right for mortaz?

p/s: joking mortaz... no hard feeling please...

Edited by cahaya - 10-Nov-2006 at 12:47
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 15:23
LOL
Well I still prefer women and I am engaged with a girl, not statue.

But I begged(Including taking a lot gifts and doing everything she want.)  her much for not using lipstick. I find it just unnatural. That is all..

And I am sure you are agree with me, a woman lips with clour is not more natural than a wall coloured.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 13:00
Thanks for being such a good sport, Mortaza! Your fiance is very smart! Heck, I'm making a list of everything I want my better half to give me in exchange for not wearing any lipstick too! What a great idea!
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 13:23
but some guys really like gurls with shimmering glossy lipstick...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 13:28
lipstick history

see the article

BG_Zero View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote BG_Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 13:47

Hmm i was hoping to learn more about the history of lipstick and other cosmetics.But now i gues i will have to read the article...Tongue.Man why is this the only active topic!

Can we just get along.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 23:27
Originally posted by morticia

Thanks for being such a good sport, Mortaza! Your fiance is very smart! Heck, I'm making a list of everything I want my better half to give me in exchange for not wearing any lipstick too! What a great idea!
Now, now, now, what would the suffergets think of that Morty.WinkLOL

Piece of advice, use of of those very red ones that are hard to get off. You'll have new lambergini by next week. Trust e for bitter experience.Confused
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 14:58
Originally posted by BG_Zero

Hmm i was hoping to learn more about the history of lipstick and other cosmetics.But now i gues i will have to read the article...

What's the matter, BG Zero? Can't find a lipstick color to suit your needs? Well, here's a little bit of lipstick history to help you!

Ancient Egyptians used henna to paint their lips. Also used as lip rouge was a reddish purple mercuric plant dye called fucusalgin, 0.01% iodine, and some bromine mannite, which was potentially poisonous.   

There are certain oils and fats used in lipstick include olive oil, mineral oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, lanolin, and petrolatum. More than 50% of lipsticks manufactured in the U.S. contain substantial amounts of castor oil.

Recently, ingredients such as moisturizers, vitamin E, aloe vera, collagen, amino acids, and sunscreen have been added to lipstick. The extra components keep lips soft, moist, and protected from the elements

Making lipstick is similar to making crayons--a lot of heating and mixing and stirring goes on. Simply put, the mixture is finely ground, and the waxes are added for texture and to maintain stiffness. Oils and lanolin are added for specific formula requirements. The hot liquid is then poured into cold metal molds where it solidifies and is further chilled. The formed lipstick is put through a flame for about half a second to create a smooth and glossy finish and to remove imperfections.

Always read the ingredients contained in the lipstick before buying it. I go for ones which have moisturizers and cocoa butter.

Read the rest of this short article I have posted to get a better idea of the history of lipstick. Enjoy and welcome to the women's history forum!

Source: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/whatstuff/stuff/7728scit2.html

Edited by morticia - 15-Nov-2006 at 15:09
"Morty

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 15:17

Also important to know: about 90% of producers of cosmetics, including lipstick, use flatalates and synthetic musks in the cosmetics. These can give you cancer, disturb hormoneproduction and distribution and can have a negative effect on fertility.

Not a pleasant thought, is it?

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 16:09
femme fatal?
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:20
Originally posted by Mortaza

femme fatal?

That's right, Mortaza! Therefore, in order to survive, I think you better stay with the wall!   

Speaking of dangerous lipsticks, here's the Kiss of Death: The Lipstick Pistol

Part of the new International Spy Museum collection in Washington, D.C., the 4.5mm single shot weapon disguised as a tube of lipstick was referred to as "The Kiss of Death. Used by KGB operatives during the Cold War, the existence of the weapon was first detected at a border crossing into West Berlin.

Lipstick was one of many options for concealing weapons during clandestine operations - torches, pens, tobacco pipes and cigarette packets were also used, but if we had to choose one device NOT to use it would be the KGB's single shot Rectal Pistol which was encased in rubber and hidden exactly where the name suggests. Not something you want to go off prematurely.

Source: http://www.gizmag.com/go/1512/

"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 23:13

Hey I already posted that!

"Okay honey, yes you should put on lipstick before.......... take your time, AHHHH WHAT THE BLOODY HELL".

BG_Zero View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote BG_Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 10:12
Originally posted by morticia

Originally posted by BG_Zero

Hmm i was hoping to learn more about the history of lipstick and other cosmetics.But now i gues i will have to read the article...

What's the matter, BG Zero? Can't find a lipstick color to suit your needs? Well, here's a little bit of lipstick history to help you!

Ancient Egyptians used henna to paint their lips. Also used as lip rouge was a reddish purple mercuric plant dye called fucusalgin, 0.01% iodine, and some bromine mannite, which was potentially poisonous.   

There are certain oils and fats used in lipstick include olive oil, mineral oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, lanolin, and petrolatum. More than 50% of lipsticks manufactured in the U.S. contain substantial amounts of castor oil.

Recently, ingredients such as moisturizers, vitamin E, aloe vera, collagen, amino acids, and sunscreen have been added to lipstick. The extra components keep lips soft, moist, and protected from the elements

Making lipstick is similar to making crayons--a lot of heating and mixing and stirring goes on. Simply put, the mixture is finely ground, and the waxes are added for texture and to maintain stiffness. Oils and lanolin are added for specific formula requirements. The hot liquid is then poured into cold metal molds where it solidifies and is further chilled. The formed lipstick is put through a flame for about half a second to create a smooth and glossy finish and to remove imperfections.

Always read the ingredients contained in the lipstick before buying it. I go for ones which have moisturizers and cocoa butter.

Read the rest of this short article I have posted to get a better idea of the history of lipstick. Enjoy and welcome to the women's history forum!

Source: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/whatstuff/stuff/7728scit2.html

Thanks maybe for my girlfrendTongue
Can we just get along.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 18:30
i'm going to buy a new lipstick today! some lip gloss too.. no berry colors...
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2006 at 12:16
Originally posted by cahaya

i'm going to buy a new lipstick today! some lip gloss too.. no berry colors...

Hi Cahaya! Well, I just picked up some moisturizing lip gloss by Revlon today. I love that it goes on so smoothly and lasts a long time. I also looked at some light pink colors to match with my fingernail polish - to mix and match! That's so cool!!!!
"Morty

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2006 at 22:19
Is the goody goody effect of the new ones reflected in your new photographs ?

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2006 at 22:19
Is the goody goody effect of the new ones reflected in your new photographs ?

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123