Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eunich Power?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eunich Power?
    Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 17:28
A thought occured to me, while the throne of a country, or the power behind the throne has been in various places and times, held by slaves both male and female, wives, concubines, ministers, lords and nearly anyone else in the palace. I've never heard of a eunich holding power.

Has there ever been a coup, or reigme change, political assainiation or anything of the sort that has been led by eunichs?

Has a eunich ever decided to place x's son on the throne by disposing of them?
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 17:53

Has there ever been a coup, or reigme change, political assainiation or anything of the sort that has been led by eunichs?

Has a eunich ever decided to place x's son on the throne by disposing of them?

I'm not sure if there's been an open coup by eunuchs as a rule. Surely in China they've acted in rebellions but I don't believe they have instigated any successful coups. I do think a eunuch regime would be a problem, inheritance would never be a guarentee for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't doubt a eunuch in China would set up a certain prince on a throne, but I couldn't see them leading a nation-state within China. No one would accept the rule of a half-man, since they would perceive him as less capable than a "full-man".
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 07:42
Chinese Emperors from different dynasty often try to learn from the privious one.
Han have learned from Qin's Failure and have named the royal Castes  to govern different regions. Tang have learned from the previous Sui dynasty and developed a well organized Military system but they over trusted the miltary officials and eunirchs which led to its failure. Song have learned from Tang and limited the power of the miltary and given it to the Manderins, and that lead to its defeat. Ming have learned from the Failure of both Tang and Song, the government have limited the power of both Military officials and the manderins, which have resulted the execution of many powerful figures. after that, they have no other choice but to give the power to eunirchs which have weaken the government, and eventually defeated by Qing.

eunuchs was extrmely powerful during Ming dynasty, after Emperor Zhen zu' rebellion wich iverthrown his nephew, he organized three intelligence which was controled by eunuchs, they have the power to control/ spy/ excecute manderins and military officers...

eunuches was also very ppowerful during Han and Tang dynasty, furing late eastern Han dynasty, there were ten very powerful eunuches, they were in control of the government, the economy, the military....anf yes, they did place a baby on the throne who were only i don t know, 8 month old?many scholars believed that maybe the cause of the defeat of Han.

what's funny is that they actually have wives, it;s like making fun of themself

Edited by Siege Tower - 18-Dec-2006 at 07:45
 Post Reply Post Reply