Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinions about War in Iraq...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Poll Question: Is American and her allied forces in Iraq justified?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.41%]
16 [43.24%]
11 [29.73%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Grim Reaper View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinions about War in Iraq...
    Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 19:11
Originally posted by Dan Carkner

So attack Saudi Arabia.  Most of the Sept-11 people were from there not Iraq.  Or is it "attack the arab that's most convenient.."

1. The government of Saudi Arabia never threatened America -Saddam
    Hussein did.

2. 15 of the terrorists were Saudi Arabs, 4 were Egyptian Arabs = all were
    Arabs. Connect the dots. Saddam was an Arab, bin Laden is an Arab.
    Saddam's regime was a perceived threat. That's why we attacked him.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 19:44

Originally posted by omshanti

The Grim Reaper , you keep mentionning 9/11 for the reason to attack Iraq as if to say every thing the USA does is justified because of 9/11.

I never stated that 9-11 was a justification for the invasion or occupation of Iraq, I only stated that it is understandable why Americans would feel threatened by a rogue Arab regime, following the attacks of 9-11, and why they would feel that pre-emptive action was necessary to neutralize this perceived threat.

Did you not read all those posts I made in which I made reference to PERCEIVED, and PERCEPTION?

I do not agree with the victim-mentality of many Americans who think that they are the biggest victims in the world because of 9/11.

Too bad. The mentality is there and it is due to the actions of Al Qaeda. That is reality.

People have been killed every where in the world in similar situations , why does the USA act as if it is the biggest victim of all?

Ethnocentrism. All societies act in like manner.

Do the Palestinian Arabs ever say, "Oh crap! The people we stole this land from came back and stole it right back! But it's okay, I won't act like the victim!"

Do the Native Americans ever say, "Oh crap! We got all of our land stolen, awww shucks, Charlie! It's okay!" 

Do the descendants of Africans in the West ever say, "Oh crap! My ancestors were slaves -but it's aight, I'm gunna hold hands with every White person I meet and sing Kum bai ya!"

Do the Israelis ever act like they aren't victims of the terrorism they themselves spawned with their land-grab?

Do you want me to continue with this list???

Are the lifes of Americans considered more valuable than the rest of the world?

Nope.

Personally I think that it is really unfair to the real victims of 9/11 that their deaths are being used like this. To cause even more deaths around the world.

Yeah, that does suck.

Peace to the souls of the victims of 9/11, and every single person in the world who died unfairely.[/QUOTE]

I am sure that every person who ever died and their family members all felt that they died unfairly.

I will leave you a quote from Clin Eastwood in his film, UNFORGIVEN,

"We all got it coming, kid."

Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 20:15
Originally posted by The Grim Reaper

Hussein did.

He threatened the US verbally you mean?  Even Bush stopped pretending a few years ago that Saddam was ever a threat to the USA, or that he had anything to do with 9/11.

You'll have to connect the dots for me a little more.. I don't see the connection between Saudi Islamists and their secular enemies in power in  Iraq--except in the most nebulous racial sense.  
Surely this war isn't just punishment for whoever happens to speak a certain language?  If so why not bomb every Arab country?
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 20:57
I don't know if you all remember this but for the 15 years or so leading up to the most recent Persian Gulf War Saddam led the world to believe that he had weapons that he was not supposed to have. Some of you will question this but when you accept weapons inspectors from the UN and then kick them out repeatedly leads people to believe that you are hiding something specifically that you are hiding what ever is being sought for inspection. How can one say that they don't have these things when for years they have been trying to make the world think that they do? That's like playing poker and bluffing, having your bluff called, then saying I was just kidding I really fold. You have to face the consequences of your actions if you lead the world to believe that you have WMD's or other things that you shouldn't and you get invaded then too bad.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 21:02

He threatened the US verbally you mean?  Even Bush stopped pretending a few years ago that Saddam was ever a threat to the USA, or that he had anything to do with 9/11.

Didn't I already go over this? PERCEPTION. PERCEPTION. PERCEPTION.

Conflicts are all about how we perceive one another. How many times have we gotten into an argument with someone over a minor issue because of how we understood (or misunderstood) their position?

Prior to 9-11, no one in America save for a handful of Zionists, Israel-supporters, and neocons gave a rat's ass about Saddam. Following 9-11, the majority of Americans supported his removal from power. Why? Because they PERCEIVED him as a threat. He didn't have to be a valid threat, but he was PERCEIVED as one, and following 9-11, no one in the US government wanted to take any chances.

You'll have to connect the dots for me a little more..

As I've stated before: He was an Arab, he was born into a Muslim family, he was a Middle Easterner -and guess what? So were all the 9-11 terrorists! And that is all that mattered to most Americans.

I don't see the connection between Saudi Islamists and their secular enemies in power in  Iraq--except in the most nebulous racial sense

Bingo!

Surely this war isn't just punishment for whoever happens to speak a certain language?  If so why not bomb every Arab country?

B/c not every Arab country is a perceived threat. Nearly every other Arab country is a puppet of the US save for Libya (which was recently pressured into giving up its WMD program and renouncing support for terrorist groups), Sudan (which is under UN pressure already and hardly a threat since it can't even defeat a handful of ill-equipped rebel fighters), and Syria (which lost 16 soldiers in a fight against the Americans on the Iraqi-Syrian border and accepted this embarrassment).

Saddam was an Arab and Saddam wanted WMDs and Saddam's WMD program was more advanced than any other non-friendly Arab country's.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 22:34
Grim Reaper, you might be thinking the right way, but you are fundamentally wrong. Bush may be an absolute moron, but his advisers are at least intelligent enough to realise that  the whole Arab/Muslim/Anyone else who looks vaguely similar world is a threat. You also blame Osama/Saddam for everything, just because they're also muslim/arabic. That is baloney! Would you accept responsibility for the crusades because you're of european decent (assumption)?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 23:19

The U.S. has no business in Iraq at all.

If the U.S. "intelligence" would be a little bit more "intelligent" would have realized that the real problem of the Middle East is not Iraq but Israel and the Palestineans, that the invasion of Afganistan was good enough as a revenge for Al-Qaida attacks, and that the supreme cause is not "freedom" but "justice".

I wonder when the U.S. public will get tired of lossing its sons in wars that make no sense, like Vietnam and Iraq. And when it will get tired of losing its public treasure protecting Japaneses from the Chineses.

Pinguin

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 00:08
Originally posted by pinguin

the supreme cause is not "freedom" but "justice".

I would say vengeance would be more accurate. Tongue
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 01:22

You don't know me so don't make any harsh judgements about me!

I did not make any judgements about you The Grim Reaper, I only stated that your comments were unfair to the people of Iraq.

Oh really? How is it unfair? Did the United States attack the Arabs or did the Arabs attack America? Do you think the Americans would have given a rat's ass about Saddam and the Arab street if 19 Arabs hadn't declared war against the United States?

Don't you see the unfairness? People are dying in Iraq right this minute as we speak and all you write about is who attacked America or who picked a fight with America....etc. I have to say that not only it is unfair but it is also very self-centered.

I will leave you a quote from Clin Eastwood in his film, "We all got it coming, kid."

How can you say that a child who was killed had it coming? Children and women are being killed in Iraq.
Don't quote from a movie when we are talking about real lifes, The Grim Reaper. As I wrote before this is not a movie.

Did you not read all those posts I made in which I made reference to PERCEIVED, and PERCEPTION?

I did read them The Grim Reaper, but I have to say that you should not confuse ignorance for perception.

Edited by omshanti - 13-Jan-2007 at 01:48
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 01:29

WHEN DO WE BEGIN TO SEE EACH OTHER - ARABS, ISRAELIS, AMERICANS, ETC. - AS PEOPLE INSTEAD OF AS MONSTERS?

Will we then have peace? Is coexistence so difficult?? Ouch

When will we have peace? When there are no more people. Humans have always fought each other and always will.

And yes, coexistence is difficult. People don't like each other. Just look at history.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 07:28

This will be a great shock to the conspiracy theorists, but the invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq was not about oil, or Israel, or the Jewish lobby, or the neoconservative agenda -although these were all factors.

America went to war against Saddam Hussein because he was an Arab, a Middle Easterner, and a Muslim (or at least born as one) and Americans were in fear -and are still in fear- of radical Islam and felt threatened.

You are wrong. The US went to war against Iraq (at least this was the initial US goverment explanation) because Saddam supposedly possesed WMD's and had links to Al-Qaeda, not because he was a Muslim, Arab, or a Middle-easterner. God forbid the day that this nation (US) goes to war against people based on their nationality.

The invasion of Iraq had everything to do with 9-11. Iraq and Saddam Hussein did not have anything to do with 9-11, but that fateful day changed American foreign policy forever.

Your confusion is typical of the average American member of the public. I don't mean to sound offensive but have you re-read your post?  Let me quote:  "The invasion of Iraq had everything to do  with 9/11. Iraq and Saddam Hussein did not have anything to do with 9/11..." Your confusion is partly justified because  we are dealing with a confused US goverment which in turn confuses the public about its aims. Iraq, the way it was presented at first (WMD's etc) HAD EVERYTHING TO DO with 9/11. The way it turned out HAD NOTHING TO DO with 9/11. And that's not the fault of either Saddam, or Iraq, or Osama.

Blame the war in Iraq on Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda -not America. It was a direct reaction to the Arabist-led Islamist threat.

" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 07:48
Oh really? How is it unfair? Did the United States attack the Arabs or did the Arabs attack America? Do you think the Americans would have given a rat's ass about Saddam and the Arab street if 19 Arabs hadn't declared war against the United States?

You are not more intelligent than my hat.(Also dont have more knowledge about history of middle east too.) Iraq attacked by USA before 9/11. Infact even before 9/11 USA is harming iraq.

9/11 is just a tool for USA policy, nothing more. Infact It is not so much important.
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 07:54

The Grim Reaper, What you have written above is extremely unfair to the people of Iraq.

You are confused and angry, both legitimate emotions under the circumstances. The ENTIRE Arab world did not attack America. Bunch of shady paramilitary Arab guys tied to bunch of shady paramilitary organizations attacked America. This is NOT the entire Arab world. Just like the US goverment, you do not seem to know your enemies before you attack.

If it was your own family being killed or raped, would you still have been able to write such an unfair comment?

1. My comment was not unfair it only appears that way to you.

2. If a handful of cavemen from my community got it in their heads that God was telling them to attack the most powerful nation, the most advanced military on earth then you had better believe that I am going to condemn them instead of dancing in the streets handing out candy!

Whatever

3. You don't know me so don't make any harsh judgements about me! I do not condone the murders and rape of innocent Iraqis. I do not condone nor support the occupation of Iraq. I do not want the US military to stay there one minute longer and I realize that the invasion of Iraq was perhaps, the greatest blunder in American history.

Not really. Just another badly-planned military adventure that is costing thousands of lives.

And I also realize that none of this would ever had happened if the radical Islamists and Arab nationalists had not been testing the limits of America's patience time and time again: the Beirut bombings, the bombing of the USS Cole, the bombings in Saudi Arabia of American soldiers, the bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the taking of American hostages in Iran how much more did they think they could push the Americans? 9-11 was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hmmm...strictly an American perspective. You're throwing bunch of pigs in the same bag, you call them arabs, and you ask for retribution. What about US foreign policy in the entire 60 years of the post-WW II period?

I hope you do not just react to my post and consider it first.

I don't need to consider anything. Why don't  you consider this from the American perspective?

I'm afraid this is the ONLY perspective you are seing and a confused one at that.

I am pissed off that the Iraqis die and are raped because of the Arab nationalists like Saddam and Qaddafi and because of the Islamist radicals like bin Laden I place all the blame squarely on the Arab street.

This is not some conspiracy. I live in America. I have Muslim friends and my girlfriend is half-Palestinian. And, life was a lot different for Arabs and Muslims before 9-11. Simple as that.

Unbelievable amount of people are actually dying every day in Iraq.

Those people are dying because of Al Qaeda, because of bin Laden, because of the Islamist. Do you ever think about that? Do you ever think, "Hey! If those bastard terrorists hadn't attacked America - then the Iraqis and Afghanis wouldn't be getting bombed today!"

I should remind you again that Iraq and Saddam had NOTHING to do with 9/11

If you were 5 feet nothing and weighed 100 pounds would you pick a fight with the biggest, scariest man in the room? Would you?? Or would you think twice?

I hope that the Islamists and Al Qaeda have learned their lesson. Muslims die and Muslim women get raped in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Chechnya, Palestine all thanks to these idiot radicals! Do you ever think about that?

What the hell are you talking about? You mentioned 5 different conflicts that have similarities but are not the same. You're throwing different pigs in the same sack once more. People in Chechnya are dying because Russia won't let go; the conflict in Kashmir was precipitated by the mess the British left behind some 80-odd years ago. Palestine has nothing to do with Al-Qaeda and the so-called "war on terror".

It is not a TV game or a movie.It is really happening. Real people, real lifes.

Yeah, and all these people would not be dying, and Americans would not have a negative image of Arabs if not for one, Osama bin Laden.

Try to put yourself in thier situation just for a moment. Just think about the emotions and feelings of people living in a hell like that.

Did they not live in the same Hell before the invasion? Was life in Saddam-ruled Iraq, rosy??

I don't know, probably not. But it certainly did not compare to the mess that Iraq is today.

Did Al Qaeda think about that before they initiated war against the most powerful nation on earth? Did the Arabs think of that before they started jumping for joy when the places hit the WTC?

Not all Arabs "jumped with joy", nor does Al-Qaeda represent all arabs. It is a biggoted and unfair statement on your part.

Al Qaeda is an imaginary creation of American government and does not exist. It is always fear and anger that rulers instal in their people in order to control , USA is not an exception.

Osama bin Laden is an imaginary creature and does not live and breathe in the remote areas of Pakistan?

Stop with the conspiracy theories already.

" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 08:02
Originally posted by King John

I don't know if you all remember this but for the 15 years or so leading up to the most recent Persian Gulf War Saddam led the world to believe that he had weapons that he was not supposed to have. Some of you will question this but when you accept weapons inspectors from the UN and then kick them out repeatedly leads people to believe that you are hiding something specifically that you are hiding what ever is being sought for inspection. How can one say that they don't have these things when for years they have been trying to make the world think that they do? That's like playing poker and bluffing, having your bluff called, then saying I was just kidding I really fold. You have to face the consequences of your actions if you lead the world to believe that you have WMD's or other things that you shouldn't and you get invaded then too bad.

Dodgy reasoning. We should be able to assess on our own whatever others claim. That's the point of "intelligence"  in which we're supposed to be the best. And Saddam didn't kick the inspectors out. The Bush administration DID NOT GIVE THE INSPECTORS A CHANCE TO COMPLETE THEIR WORK by prematurely going onto the offensive. The inspectors would eventually assess that Iraq DID NOT POSSES WMD's; but then what excuse would the US have to invade?
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 08:04

So attack Saudi Arabia.  Most of the Sept-11 people were from there not Iraq.  Or is it "attack the arab that's most convenient.."

ClapClapClap
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 08:11

The Grim Reaper , you keep mentionning 9/11 for the reason to attack Iraq as if to say every thing the USA does is justified because of 9/11.

I never stated that 9-11 was a justification for the invasion or occupation of Iraq,

Yes, you did. Read your previous posts.

I only stated that it is understandable why Americans would feel threatened by a rogue Arab regime, following the attacks of 9-11, and why they would feel that pre-emptive action was necessary to neutralize this perceived threat.

I agree. Except where you say "Americans" I'd substitute  'the american goverment under the Bush regime"

I do not agree with the victim-mentality of many Americans who think that they are the biggest victims in the world because of 9/11.

Too bad. The mentality is there and it is due to the actions of Al Qaeda. That is reality.

Reality is shaped by what we are told.

People have been killed every where in the world in similar situations , why does the USA act as if it is the biggest victim of all?

Ethnocentrism. All societies act in like manner.

Do the Palestinian Arabs ever say, "Oh crap! The people we stole this land from came back and stole it right back! But it's okay, I won't act like the victim!"

Do the Native Americans ever say, "Oh crap! We got all of our land stolen, awww shucks, Charlie! It's okay!" 

Do the descendants of Africans in the West ever say, "Oh crap! My ancestors were slaves -but it's aight, I'm gunna hold hands with every White person I meet and sing Kum bai ya!"

Do the Israelis ever act like they aren't victims of the terrorism they themselves spawned with their land-grab?

Do you want me to continue with this list???

Please do. It is rather incoherent and thus somewhat entertaining.

Are the lifes of Americans considered more valuable than the rest of the world?

Nope.

Personally I think that it is really unfair to the real victims of 9/11 that their deaths are being used like this. To cause even more deaths around the world.

Yeah, that does suck.

Peace to the souls of the victims of 9/11, and every single person in the world who died unfairely.

I am sure that every person who ever died and their family members all felt that they died unfairly.

I will leave you a quote from Clin Eastwood in his film, UNFORGIVEN,

"We all got it coming, kid."

Hah, how prophetic! Indeed, we've got it coming since a long time ago but we'll probably disagree on why.

[/QUOTE

Edited by konstantinius - 13-Jan-2007 at 08:40
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 08:30

Hussein did.

You're wrong, Saddam never threatened America.

You're confused. We attacked Saddam because he supposedly possesed WMD's,  not because he's an Arab.  And the Saudi regime is FAR more threatening to global US interest because
a) is corrupt, backwards, and oppressive to its own people therefore sowing the seed for fundamendalist Islamic revolution, Iran-style, something that would never happen in Saddam's secular Iraq
b) it is #1 producer of oil, a much-needed resource as we all know. And lets at least dispel the illusion that the whole Iraq affair is NOT about oil, shall we?

Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 15:22
Originally posted by Zaitsev

Grim Reaper, you might be thinking the right way, but you are fundamentally wrong.

Oh really? How is that?

Did I ever say that the US was right in attacking Iraq?? Well, did I??

I ONLY SAID THAT THE AMERICANS PERCEIVED THE ARAB WORLD AS A THREAT TO THEIR NATIONAL SECURITY FOLLOWING 9-11 AND IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE WHY THEY [AMERICANS] WOULD FEEL A NEED TO REVENGE AND PRE-EMPTIVELY ATTACK SADDAM-RULED IRAQ!

DID I EVER SAY IT WAS OKAY OR TRY TO JUSTIFY IT??? I ONLY SAID IT WAS AN UNDERSTANDABLE REACTION. IF YOU HIT ME IN THE FACE -WON'T I REACT BY HITTING YOU??

Bush may be an absolute moron, but his advisers are at least intelligent enough to realise that  the whole Arab/Muslim/Anyone else who looks vaguely similar world is a threat.

I also stated that his advisors had their own agendas, however, there individual agendas overlapped at one place: Iraq.

You also blame Osama/Saddam for everything, just because they're also muslim/arabic.

WHEN DID I BLAME OSAMA AND SADDAM FOR EVERYTHING "JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE MUSLIMS AND ARABS"?? I BLAMED THE INVASION OF IRAQ ON THE 9-11 ATTACKS PERPORTED BY OSAMA AND B/C OSAMA WAS ARAB AND MUSLIM AND HAD VERBALLY THREATENED AMERICA AND CARRIED OUT THOSE THREATS -THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WAS NATURALLY IN FEAR OF ANOTHER ARAB, ANOTHER MUSLIM ATTACKING THEM!!! I SAID IT WAS PERCEPTION! PERCEPTION! PERCEPTION!

That is baloney! Would you accept responsibility for the crusades because you're of european decent (assumption)?

Of course it's baloney!

But, can't you see how a people would be in collective fear? Doesn't the Arab world hate America simply because the Jewish lobby bribes some politicians to support Israel? If you understand that -then why can't you understand why Americans would be in fear of Arabs who threatened them verbally, and bluffed about their WMD programs????Shocked
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 15:25
Originally posted by Mortaza

You are not more intelligent than my hat.(Also dont have more knowledge about history of middle east too.) Iraq attacked by USA before 9/11. Infact even before 9/11 USA is harming iraq.

9/11 is just a tool for USA policy, nothing more. Infact It is not so much important.

PLEASE READ WHAT I WROTE!

I NEVER JUSTIFIED THE INVASION, OCCUPATION, OR DESTRUCTION OF IRAQ AND IRAQI FAMILIES!

I SIMPLY TRIED TO CONVEY TO YOU THE AMERICAN MINDSET -THE PERCEPTION - AMERICANS HAD FOLLOWING 9-11!

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 15:31
So I should add, american mindset is stupid. If anyone believe Bush attacked Iraq because of 9-11, He had just no idea about middle east.

Also, I am not talking about justification. If you ask me, Oil(For americans) is a better justification than 9-11. I still refuse to believe that Americans are so naive.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>