Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hip-Hop age

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hip-Hop age
    Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 19:20
Hip-Hop is one of America's most sucessfull exports, is anybody hear into the music? Old-School, pollitical, consious, gangster rap???

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 19:30
I am not an active listener, but there are certain songs that catch my ear. Not too keen on gangster though.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 20:38
Im not a big fan but there are a few songs I like.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 20:55
I can't say its done anything for me. Good for the occasional background beat, but most of it seems rather insipid to me.
The strength of rap is supposed to be in the lyrics and its delivery, but as someone with a hearing impairment, i tend not to value lyrics in music, unless the singing itself becomes almost instrumental, which tends to rule out most popular musical genres IMHO.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply