Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grand treason now pays 150k a year plus benefits i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grand treason now pays 150k a year plus benefits i
    Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 11:16
Well grand treason if you are a dual citizen that is. Someone pasted this to me from an email they apparently got from a recruitor. I was surprised to see these positions pay so well even though its a "contract" position and not direct government employement:

Quote:
I am writing you to respectfully request your assistance in helping to fill a position that is of utmost importance to our country and our military personnel overseas. Our company, Aegis, is currently looking for people who are qualified to work as Arabic linguists or Pashto/Dari linguists. This opportunity has exceptional pay and looks great on a resume, in addition to giving the opportunity to help save lives. I have attached a document that lists the details of each job, healthcare benefits, a salary chart ($139,000 - $176,000 + $2,000 travel allowance), and the steps to the hiring process. You should know that there is nothing binding about our hiring process or contract and it is very educational with great information about the position and daily activities. If you or someone you know may be interested in learning more about either of these opportunities

I guess they aren't so hard up for farsi linguists just yet.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 13:58
Damn, I wish I knew Arabic. I think I make take it next semester. I've never heard of Pashto or Dari, are those tribal languages from Pakistan? 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 14:13
These languages are from northwestern pakistan, the tribal belt which is ethnically the same as Afghanistan. Pashto and Dari are the two official languages of Afghanistan. Dari is very similar to Farsi except it is spoken with a slightly sifferent accent and has some pashtun vocabulary lacking in the Farsi spoken in Iran.

Arabic, in my opinion, is better to know because besides military subcontracting there is a lot of demand for management and engineering in Saudi, Emirates etc etc that is peace economy related.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 14:36
Next, they will probably ask for your bank and account details to transfer some money to you.
Watch out - they are clever...

Of course - I could be wrong though, but "Someone pasted this to me from an email they apparently got from a recruitor" smells bad Dead

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 18:26
Haha well I am safe because I was not pasted any contact email. LOL

Also Aegis sounds like a big company so it must be legit.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 19:57
nothing sounds big, search after it. It may be scum mails like you got it from Nigerie "Hi you can save my son by sending 1000$" yea my ass, give me that money i'll be saved...
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 20:11
It looks to be legit, they give an aegis email, a recruitor name as well as a phone number. It does say aegisMEP.com though so potential fraud flag there but I'm not applying for this(though I think others might qualify here) so I did not bother to check up on it since I don't get any referral comish.. Big%20smile

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/gov/248907071.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/gov/261529073.html

Aegis MEP provides government and business clients core function or customized solutions in the areas of Security, Language, Training, Logistics and Technology. Currently we are looking for individuals who are qualified to work as Arabic linguists or Pashto/Dari linguists. This opportunity has exceptional pay and looks great on a resume, in addition to giving the opportunity to help save lives. Below are some details of each job, healthcare benefits and a salary chart ($139,000 - $176,000 + $2,000 travel allowance). If you or someone you know may be interested in learning more about either of these opportunities, please contact Beth at 614-416-2345 ext. 1008 or by email to beth.theiss@aegismep.com.

Arabic Linguist Compensation
-- US Citizen $176,000 + $2,000 travel allowance
-- Green Card Holder $144,820 + $2,000 travel allowance

Pashto/Dari Linguist Compensation:
-- US Citizen $156,000 + $2,000 travel allowance
-- Green Card Holder $139,000 + $2,000 travel allowance

Duties
-- Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. Army operations in Iraq
-- Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
-- Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
-- Transcribe and analyze communications
-- Perform document exploitation
-- Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information
-- Translate foreign language documents
-- Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirements
-- Provide input to reports

Vacation/Leave
--2 weeks vacation/leave after 6 months of service

Benefits Package (Aetna Global Benefits)
-- Complete Health Care Package for family
-- 401k Retirement Plan
-- Preferred employee status for future position with Aegis MEP (based on availability)

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 01:08
I would have been more impressed if the had said sangey halday at the beginning of the mail.

Of course I would have replied "Chupsha"!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 01:38
bah, why don't the ever need Dutch speakers?
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 02:03
Vause the Dutch speak english. Better the the Brits do I might add.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 02:20
I think they forgot to mention you will get shot at and might spend a lot of time in close proximity to IAD targets. That also would explain the 150k vs. 50k in a nice cubicle at Ft. Meade.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 16:54

bah, why don't the ever need Dutch speakers?

Just give it a few more years of republican rule. Eventually the Netherlands will join the "Axis of Evil".
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply