Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wombats migrated to Australia--Conservapedia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wombats migrated to Australia--Conservapedia
    Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 13:03
Mixcoatl pointed this out to me. I ran into it again, and thought I had to share it.

Wombats are marsupials, and are short legged quadropeds.

According to creation science theories, after the Flood, Wombats may have joined the kangaroos that bred from the Ark passengers and then migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land[1] -- as Australia was still for a time connected to Europe by a land bridge similar to the one that connected Asia to America[2] -- or if they rafted on mats of vegetation torn up by the receding flood waters.[1] Another theory is that God simply generated wombats into existence there.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Wombat
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 13:58
Australia connected to Europe by a landbridge.... hm... must be a whopping long bridge then... And how exacly am I to imagine a landbridge across the Asian continent?

I'd say they rafted there. Wombats look like the kind of crature that enjoys a little extreme outdoor sports...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 16:14
I wonder how conservapedia explains the giant diprotodon, which died out thousands of years before the world was supposedly created circa 4000 BC.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 16:29

EXCUSE ME Constantine XI, if that is your real name..     Tongue

The bible talks of fire breathing dragons that existed, so dinosaurs were actually on the Ark, they just didn't turn carniverous until after they got off. They subsequently inexplicably died out millions of years before they were born, or before a place to die out even existed..Confused

Plus does this creationism not harbour a huge rascist problem as well? As the Bible didn't explicitly mention black people on the Ark, then they must be assuming that black people evolved from monkeys..Which is not only extraordinarily rascist, but contradicts the whole creationist thing in the first place. Maybe they were just 'generated into existance' by God...

Post Reply Post Reply