Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreece vs Turkey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece vs Turkey
    Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:22
Originally posted by Spartakus

Originally posted by Spartakus

1st Report of the European Commission of Human Rights Turkey's invasion in Cyprus and aftermath (20 JULY 1974 - 18 MAY 1976)

Part of the Introduction

After overruling Turkey's objection the Commission of Human Rights considered: "the evidence before the Commission and the facts established on the basis of this evidence cannot be seen as presenting a view of the events and incidents complained of mainly from the Greek Cypriot side. The Commission observes in this connection that: - certain events and incidents referred to in the applications are in great part a matter of public knowledge. In particular, the massive movement of population from the northern to the southern part of Cyprus after 20 July,1974 is an indisputable fact which, as such, calls for no particular investigation; the Commission has based its findings in part on reports of other international organizations, in particular the United Nations; - the witnesses heard by the Commission's Delegation in Cyprus testified, with little exception, with a restraint and objectivity that gave credibility to their testimony; some of them confirmed a number of statements in the Particulars of the Applications about which they could not have had any direct knowledge; - in the evaluation of the evidence before it, the Commission has refrained from drawing any conclusions from the fact that the respondent Government, despite every opportunity being offered to them, failed to make any statements, or to proposed counterevidence on the applicant Government's allegations". (Report, p.31)

KillingsRelevant Article of the European Convention on Human Rights:

" Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law. No one shall be deprived of his life intentionally." (Article 2)

Charge laid against Turkey:

The Turkish Army embarked upon a systematic course of mass murders of civilians unconnected with any war activity, including women and babies in arms, and soldiers who had surrendered.

Turkish defense:

No answer was given to these charges. Turkey boycotted the Commission's proceedings once her jurisdictional objection was rejected.

Commission's verdict:

By 14 votes to 1 the Commission, after examining a number of killings at specific places, held that the evidence before it constituted "strong indications of killings committed on a substantial scale" (para.346). The Commission concluded: " In view of the very detailed material before it on other killings alleged by the applicant Government, the Commission, by fourteen votes against one, concludes from the whole evidence that killings happened on a larger scale than in Elia. There is nothing to show that any of these deprivations of life were justified... " (Report, p.165)

Further relevant facts:

Greek National Guardsmen and civilians were killed in the field and in bombing raids on civilian targets, including hospitals. In these raids the Turkish Air Force used napalm. These killings were not the subject of the application to the European Commission on Human Rights, being rather breaches of the Geneva Conventions

Displacement of persons (Creating refugees)Relevant Article of the European Convention on Human Rights:

" Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life and his home..." (Article 8)

The Turkish Army displaced 200,000 Greek Cypriots (more than one third of the population) from their homes. This was effected partly by physical expulsion and partly by a systematic campaign of terror, causing Greek Cypriots to flee in the face of Turkey's advancing armed forces. Refugees and expellees were not permitted by the Turkish Army to return to their homes in the Turkish occupied area.

Turkish defense:

No answer was given to these charges. Turkey boycotted the Commission's proceedings once her jurisdictional objection was rejected.

Commission's Verdict:

" Displacement of persons:

1. The Commission concludes by thirteen votes against one that, by the refusal to allow the return of more than 170,000 Greek Cypriot refugees to their homes in the north of Cyprus, Turkey violated, and was continuing to violate Art. 8 of the Convention in all these cases. When hostilities ended some Greek Cypriots were able to return to their homes near the cease-fire lines in areas under UN or Government control thus reducing the number of refugees to 170,000.
2. The Commission concludes by twelve votes against one that, by the eviction of Greek Cypriots from houses, including their homes, by their transportation to other places within the north of Cyprus, or by their deportation across the demarcation line, Turkey has equally violated Art. 8 of the Convention.
3. The Commission concludes by thirteen votes against one that by the refusal to allow the return to their homes in the north of Cyprus of several thousand Greek Cypriots who had been transferred to the south under inter-communal agreements, Turkey violated, and was continuing to violate Art. 8 of the Convention in all these cases.

4. The Commission concludes by fourteen votes against one with one abstention that, by the separation of Greek Cypriot families brought about by measures of displacement in a substantial number of cases, Turkey has again violated Art.8 of the Convention." (Report, p.163).

The Turkish armed forces detained thousands of persons arbitrarily and without lawful authority. On entering any inhabited area they immediately rounded up all Greek Cypriot inhabitants (many women & children were hiding in their homes). On capture men were separated and detained apart from old people, women and children, who were either put in "concentration camps" or expelled. On the hundreds kept in such camps small babies to old people of 90 were crowded together under atrocious conditions without sanitary facilities at the height of summertime, when temperatures reach over 40 o C. The worst such "concentration camps" were Voni, Marathovouno, Vitsada and Gypsou. In addition, Turkish authorities held some 3,000 inhabitants of the Kyrenia district in the Kyrenia Dome Hotel & in Bellapais village. Many male Greek Cypriots were temporarily sent as "prisoners of war" to places like Saray Prison & Pavlides Garage in the Turkish part of Nicosia, later being transported to Turkey and detained in prisons in Adana, Amasia and Atiama. It is notable that the great majority of those shipped to Turkey were civilians of all ages between 17 and 70. Article 49.1 of the Geneva Convention, 1949, Fourth Schedule, provides that: "individual or mass forcible transfers,as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not are prohibited, regardless of their motive." The transfer of civilians to Turkey show the contempt exhibited by the Turkish Army for the principles of international law. Turkey has never provided complete lists of detainees and the fate of about 3,000 Greek Cypriots was unknown at the time of the first applications to the Commission. Because evidence showed numbers of these missing persons had been in custody in Turkey the Commission was asked to investigate whether they were still imprisoned there.

Turkish defense:

Commission's Verdict:

" Detention centers:

1. The Commission,by thirteen votes against one, concludes that, by the confinement of more than two thousand Greek Cypriots to detention centres established in schools and churches at Voni, Gypsou and Morphou, Turkey has violated Art.5(1) of the Convention.
2. The Commission by thirteen votes against one, further concludes that, by the confinement of Greek Cypriots to private houses in Gypsou and Morphou, where they kept under similar circumstances as in the detention centres, Turkey has equally violated Art.5(1).
3. The Commission, by ten votes against two with two abstentions, finally concludes that, by the CONFINEMENT of Greek Cypriots to the Kyrenia Dome Hotel after 14 August 1974, Turkey has again violated Art.5(1).

Prisoners and detainees:

1. The Commission, by thirteen votes against one, concludes that the detention of Greek Cypriot military personnel in Turkey was not in conformity with Art.5(1) of the Convention.

2. The Commission, by thirteen votes against one, concluded that the DETENTION of Greek Cypriot civilians IN Turkey was equally not in conformity with Art.5.(1)" (Report, p.164). Evidence on missing persons: The evidence before the Commission does not allow a definite finding with regard to the fate of Greek Cypriots declared to be missing. This is partly due to the fact that the Commission's Delegation was refused access to the northern/occupied/part of Cyprus and to places in Turkey where Greek Cypriot prisoners were or had been detained. In the present Report the Commission is only concerned with the fate of persons declared to be missing as from the beginning of the military action of Turkey on 20 July 1974. It is not concerned with any person missing due to the coup d'etat which on 15 July 1974 preceded the above action... It appears, however, from the evidence that: it is widely accepted that "a considerable number of Cypriots" are still " missing as a result of armed conflict in Cyprus" i.e. between Turkey and Cyprus; a number of persons declared to be missing have been identified as Greek Cypriots taken prisoner by the Turkish army. The Commission considers that there is a presumption of Turkish responsibility for the fate of persons shown to have been in Turkish custody. However,on the basis of the material before it, the Commission has been unable to ascertain whether, and under what circumstances, Greek Cypriot prisoners declared to be missing have been deprived of their life" (Report, paras. 347-349, and 351

These are only charges.If tukrey was 100% guilty there would be an army of the un there.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:24
Originally posted by Aeolus

Originally posted by aknc

When i looked into the subject more deeply i found out some horrific facts.

The English president fefuses Ecevit's offer to make sure the greeks are no harmed

The greek general Grevaz(can't spell it properly)attcks civilians while the Turks battle with terrorists

All of the Turks would have been killed if turkey had not interfered.Not even one of them left out.(how very just)

If you actually looked into the subject more deeply, you would find out horrific facts occured also by the horrific actions by your own people at that time. But this would be the case, if you werent the one-sided ultra pathetic hating person who came here to label ALL  the 1517 missing persons from the invasion of 1974 as sick murderers justifying this way their killings from your murdering thugs.

But since you like to be the one driven by his hate agenda towards Greek-Cypriots and you justify ALL the atrocities of your murdering thugs in Cyprus allow me to contribute.

Conveniently for your hate agenda, you avoided to mention the actions/killings of the terrorist group Turk Mukavemet Teskilati (TMT), founded by Denktash and supported by turkish government.

Its well known to everybody Denktash and in general TMTs strategy was to provoke inter-ethnic conflicts with the aim of securing the separation of the two communities.

But lets see what a turkish diplomat has to say about the first serious inter-communal fighting who took place in June 1958 and was the result of TMT actions

Mr Emin Dirvana, a former Turkish diplomat, said: `I was informed that on 7 June 1958 a bomb had been planted in the Turkish press office in Nicosia by persons who, as was later established, had nothing to do with the Greek Cypriots. The Turks of Nicosia were then incited to be overwhelmed by holy indignation and perpetrated acts similar to those committed on 6 and 7 September 1995 in Istanbul.

In the ITN documentary `Cyprus, Britains Grim Legacy the account continues:

`The explosion sparked off a night of riot in Nicosia. Turkish Cypriots burned and looted Greek shops and homes. Soon came counter attacks and the fighting spread around the island. A friend of mine, whose name must still be kept secret, was to confess to me that he had put this little bomb in the doorway in order to create an atmosphere of tension so that people would know that the Turkish Cypriots mattered.
The riots in Nicosia caused by the bomb in the Turkish press office, resulted in the deaths of 56 Greek and 53 Turkish Cypriots.

The horrific actions by the terrorist group TMT in Cyprus are endless but i cant avoid not mentioning the murders also of Turkish-Cypriot citizens by your murdering thugs, the publicers Ayhan Hikmet and Ahmet Gurkhan in 1962.

Of course mentioning from your side all the atrocities commited as well by Turk Cypriots would harm your hating agenda plans. Continue being the hating prick which you already showed the people here you are. Its people with low level logic like you who always managed to justify the murders commited of their own side and condemn the other side for doing the exact same thing  and drove Cyprus into the situation it is now.

Let me ask; why do all your proofs contain the testamony of 1 man but not solid proofs??

Who said its only one man? You must have missed when Denktash, himself, admitted publicly in a Turkish newspaper that TMT was responsible for the bomb attack.

Action reaction.If you push sth it pushes back.1 bomb attack?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:27
Originally posted by Alparslan

What is European commission? Greece is a part of it but Turkey is out of it.

It is something saying like "you see Greek parliament took the decision that Turkey is wrong in Cyprus case".

Who cares?

Did Greece organize a coup d'etat in Cyprus in 1974? YES

Did Greece want to annex Cyprus after this event? YES

Did they kill Turkish civilians? YES

Did Greek Cypriot regime since 1963 systematically support terrorist attacks on Turks? YES

Did Turkey has the right to interven Cyprus as being one of the guarator state of Cyprus ? YES

Did Turkey make an operation to Cyprus? YES

Did Turkey save Turkish Cypriots? YES

Did Turkey look for a peaceful solution? YES

Did Turkey support United Nations' Annan Plan for unification? YES

So what???

Don't push it alparslan they have proof.Empty charges.....

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:30

Osmanli,

I havent got the time to reply to each of your sentences but i will reply quickly to this one.

# And yes i know about the TMT, but why did you fail to mention that the TMT was created in order to couinter the EOKA terrorists. And why do you not mention that whilst the EOKA had military weapons the TMT had to buy hunting rifles from the Greeks. #

Really? And how did the member of TMT achieved it? By blowing up the Turkish Embassy in 1957 and blaming it on Greek-Cypriots? By the full scale campaign of terror which they initiated against the people of Cyprus leading in intercommunal violence? Or by murdering except Greek Cypriots, Turkish Cypriot journalists, trade unionists and ofcourse ordinary Turkish Cypriots who didnt want to have anything to do with them????

And save it my friend about their weaponry. The uncovering of the "Deniz" case where Turks were attempting to deliver a shipment of arms to TMT in Cyprus speaks ALL by itself.

After all that happened we too needed(at least one)an organization.But noo bloody turks,they killed all those women and children just so they could attack!

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:39

Harmless Greek thoughts "Oh yeah lets kill Turks plenty more from where they come from" But when things turn the other way round it becomes "horrible massacre by vile barbarians".Turks and Greeks have killed each other throughout history.As the Balkan nations gained their independence they killed the Turks living there (of course theyre just Turks nothing wrong in that) then the Evil Ottomans tried to supress these rebellions but had no chance against the righteuos and holy Balkanian freedom warriors. 50 years After the collapse of the state Greeks started slaughtering the Turks in Cyprus (but again they are just Turks so it doesnt matter)So the bloodthirsty Turks sent their army there (just to slake their  lust for blood of course)Then began the horrible genocide against the Greeks as the Turks mercillessly slaughtered 100000000 of them.

As we are an ignorant, brainwashed,bloodthirsty race you can simply ignore our posts.(but as thats what you guys have been doing for the last 9 pages maybe I didnt need to add this footnote)

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:43
True.We should be ashamed

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 14:59

[QUOTE=Seko]This is inappropriate behavior and unethical communication between members of this forum. Even if you feel strongly about your own arguement, do not provoke and diminish the value of this respected forum.

AEOLUS:   After reading all these colourful names from some posters here, including you, written about Iskenderani eg. blind, brainwashed, ignorant, delutional etc I would advice you back, not to use selective memory and also follow your own advise. But yes the general idea of your quote is of course right.  

Those very words I used were criticisms describing his statements and behaviors (used mainly in retaliation to his condescending and belittling personal remarks)  They were not profanities!!!  There is a difference.  

Edited by Seko
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 15:10

J_L you are totally right so i will translate it for everone else/P]

Never going back to 1974!

(Ne mutlu trkm diyene is sth like happiness to those that say i'm a turk)

Our glorious army

cyprus was turkish it'll stay turkish

(the translation of osmanli's post)

Thanks for your kindly assistance Akyncy.
Sorry for the mistype.
Regards
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 15:15

Cyprus formed part of the Ottoman Empire from 1571 to 1914, when it was formally annexed by Great Britain at the beginning of World War I. In 1950s the revival of "Hellenism" and the ideal of re- building the great "Hellen Empire" started a bloody struggle in Cyprus, Enosis, in other words the annexation of Cyprus by Greece. The religious leader of Greek Cypriots, Archbishop Makarios, was the head of the movement and there were massive terrorist attacks on British rulers and Turkish Cypriots who didn't share this "ideal". The numbers show that between 1955 and 1960, 508 people were murdered and 1,260 people were wounded in these attacks by EOKA, a Greek Cypriot terrorist organization, under the leadership of an ex- colonel from the Greek army, Grivas.

By 1958 it had become clear that it was not possible to achieve Enosis. Turkish Cypriots, just like Greek Cypriots, wanted self- determination and freedom and they didn't want to be a mere "minority" which, soon after independence, would be "persuaded" to leave Cyprus. In 1959 the Greek side accepted the formation of an independent republic in which Turkish Cypriots would be one of the two equal partners. However, what Greek side understood from "independence" was merely "a step before Enosis" as it was soon discovered. Knowing the Greek aim of Enosis, the Republic of Cyprus was founded in 1960 with a detailed Constitution which strictly forbade the annexation of Cyprus by any country. Furthermore permanent guarantees were written in the Constitution of Cyprus so that the "independent democracy" would not turn into a "dictatorship of majority".Nevertheless, beginning right after the foundation of Cyprus in 1960, the Greek Cypriots made it clear that they had not given up the struggle for Enosis. Makarios, also first President of Cyprus, made the following public declaration:

"The Zurich and London Agreements form a landmark in the course of this struggle, but, at the same time, are a starting point for further struggles, with the object of capitalising on what has been achieved for further conquests",

on 5 January 1962. On 15 August 1962, in Kykko monastery, he reiterated that Enosis was his aim and said:

"Greek Cypriots must continue to march forward to complete the work began by the EOKA heroes."

He also made the following provocative remark at his native village of Panayia on 4 September 1962:

"Until this small Turkish community that forms part of the Turkish race which has been the terrible enemy of Hellenism is expelled, the duty to the heroes of EOKA cannot be considered as terminated."

In 1962, Polykarpos Yorkadjis, Minister of Interior, declared that:

"There is no place in Cyprus for anyone who is not Greek, who does not think Greek and who does not constantly feel Greek."

Meanwhile, the Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation regularly broadcast virulently anti-Turkish plays. In one play, a mother asks her son what her son wants to become; the boy replies:

- "a hero."

When she asks him,:

- "What will you bring to us?",

he answers:

- "I am going to bring seven Turkish heads to you ."

In fact the Akritas plan, published by Greek Cypriot newspaper Patris on 21 April 1966, was a clear proof of the fact that Greek Cypriot side deliberately tried to prove the constitution as unworkable and to replace it with a settlement in order to re-open the way to Enosis. It was disclosed that Archbishop Makarios had assumed responsibility for the implementation of the plan and he had appointed Polycarpos Georkadjis to be the "Chief Akritas". In an interview with the Italian journalist Oriana Fallaci, Makarios said how Ioannides (a Greek officer in the Greek contingent on Cyprus) and Nikos Sampson, a bloody EOKA terrorist leader responsible from the "execution squads" of EOKA, came to him one day in 1964 and told:

"Your Beatitude, here is my project. To attack the Turkish Cypriots on the island, and eliminate them to the last one."

Ioannides was the leader of the fascist Greek Junta in 1974 and Nikos Sampson was declared the "president" with the Coup organized by Athens, and their plan was still as revealed by Makarios. Knowing these facts it is easy to understand the reasons behind the Turkish fears for the security of Turkish Cypriots and the decision for intervention. In fact after the intervention it was found out that in Sandallaris village the whole population of 57, and at Maratha village 82 Turkish Cypriots were massacred and buried in mass-graves, among the victims were babies, women, and elderly people. In Tokhni village all able-bodied male Turkish inhabitants (50 in number) were taken by the Greek Cypriot National Guard soldiers to the outskirts of Ayia Phyla village in Limassol district where they were massacred and buried in a pre-opened pit together with about 40 Turks from Tatlisu (Mari).

Greek people, repeating the official Greek claim, tell us that more than 2,000 Greek Cypriots were/are "missing". For some strange reason they forget to tell us that a Greek Cypriot Priest, Father Papatsetsos, made a declaration to Greek newspapers saying that he had personally buried 127 people, 10 of them were Turkish Cypriots, and all of them were murdered by EOKA-B terrorists and the Greek National Guard(there were violent clashes between left-wing and right-wing Greek Cypriots after the Coup in 1974). On 23 July 1974, The Times of London quoted the American wife of Dr. Lyssarides (head of the EDEK party) saying that many supporters of Makarios had been massacred during and after the coup. On 25 July 1974 Combat published in Belgium, reported:

"it has been confirmed that during the days following the coup at least 2,000 of Makarios's supporters have either been killed in the fighting or executed."

A report in Washington Star News said similar things:

"Bodies littered the streets and there were mass burials."

Until this day Greek Cypriot Government has rejected to open these mass-graves and to reveal the identities of these people, mainly to continue the Greek propaganda of "missing Greeks". The fact is that, the question of missing persons was investigated by International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC). The ICRC representative stated categorically in the presence of the UN Secretary-General's Special Representative in Cyprus that all POWs were delivered to the Greek side. This fact was also confirmed in the report of the head of the ICRC dated 18 March 1977. At the time there were only 23-24 cases pending investigation, and the Turkish side is ready to investigate these cases along with hundreds of Turkish Cypriots who are missing since 1963. As for the "atrocity stories" made up by Greek side, a report by the Study Mission of the Sub-committee of the Judiciary of the US Senate (October 1974), about the first phase of the Turkish military operation, said:

"Whenever and wherever the Study Mission talked with Greek Cypriot refugees, the story was basically the same: people moved the instant they saw or thought the Turkish army was advancing towards their town or village."

About the second phase of the operation, the report says:

"Greek Cypriots fled the moment there was rumor or sight of military forces - creating a virtual vacuum into which the Turkish army could and did move without resistance and without the presence of people."

Since 1974 there have been many series of negotiations between Greek and Turkish Cypriots. All of these negotiations have been fruitless because of the Greek side's unwillingness to accept Turkish Cypriots' equality and the guarantee of their rights by Turkey. The Greek Cypriot side has been enjoying hundreds of millions of dollars of help from UN and EEC while the Turkish Cypriots have been denied all of their citizenship rights and share. What is worse, these helps have been used by Greek Cypriots for their military expenses which rose to $500 Million between 1977-87 and $762 Million are envisaged for 1990-93 period. Today there are less than 20,000 Turkish soldiers in Cyprus as opposed to more than 15,000 Greek mainland troops and the Greek National Guard includes 21,000 troops and with reserves reaches 85,000. Former EOKA members are still in powerful government positions and not a single Greek Cypriot has been punished for their acts during 1974 Coup. Even Nikos Sampson has been allowed to leave Cyprus, with the pretext of being treated, and has not returned from France for years and when he did he was greeted as a "hero". Finally, I am finishing my article with the words of the Greek Cypriot Defense Minister, Mr. Alonetis, on 11 March 1989:

"At the first opportunity we get, the Greek Cypriot National Guard will attack and regain by force of arms our occupied lands."

Therefore, nobody was surprised when Greek Cypriots began moving their forces to the Turkish Cypriot border during the Gulf-Crisis, hoping that Iraq would attack Turkey.

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 15:40

Come on Aeolus..dont be so harsh to Seko....All these names he called me r coming out of his natural ability to joke .These people r natural jesters They say words but they dont mean what they say..Its Ok...Seko said them but he didnt mean them..

It was just his inability to understand certain facts. He is still stuck in 74 and Makarios speech...To him and the rest of these good natured Turks , Solomou deserved to die from a bullet because he passed the line .....Isaak deserved to be clubbed to death , alone , attacked by a dozen Turks , because he protested...It is simple....We r enforcing our rule...if u dont accept it ....u die..A very civilised manner.

In some post i said that i am in favor of the reunification....but on the other hand , i am asking myself ...Do they deseve it ? What have they done to deserve it ? Let them be the backward country , along with Turkey , that they r now . This is what they deserve...let them have it. IF they were progressive , they would have progressed...They r not...what they will be in a future reunification , is a burden and a black hole in which the Greek Cypriots will pour money for nothing...

And they will be happy after all....with their glorioys army , their happiness to be Turks and all the rest.We dont have ANY obligation to wake up the donkey and drag the caravan to prosperity , democracy and progress.

Isk.

Edited by iskenderani
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 15:47

As i said Oguz...Natural born jesters..

Oguz wrote:

### the Greek side's unwillingness to accept Turkish Cypriots' equality ###

So Oguz , ur democratic sense equalises the 18% with the 82% ....Marvelous , brilliant ...the epitomy of how democracy must be and work.  

Isk.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 16:04

Isk, I personally like "An oasis of good natured humour".

Don't worry Isk, the unification (or not) of Cyprus isn't left up to you.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 16:11

Seko wrote :

###

Isk, I personally like "An oasis of good natured humour".

Don't worry Isk, the unification (or not) of Cyprus isn't left up to you.

###

Agreed Seko , but for me its too long a phrase to write, but i agree in its meaning. So whenever i say the word "jester" , at least u will know what i mean.Thnks

Hopefuly the unification of Cyprus relies to Greek Cypriots...I will accept their decision. They should know better ...and they do.

Isk.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 16:16

And when you get heated by my posts, you will know that it only comes from your so-called jester!

I think that you are forgetting to acknowledge the Turkish side regarding unification now aren't you. Tisk! Tisk! Isk.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 18:37
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Look i am a TURKISH CYPRIOT.

If the Turks are so bad then why did the Greeks have TWO terrorist groups (EOKA & EOKA-B)?

If the Turks are so bad then why when they Greeks broke the peace of the republic after only 3 years of existence did Turkey intervene 11 years later?

If the Turks are so bad then why is it that some Turkish villages had the whole male population killed and even worse there was a Turkish village that is totally destroyed with ALL inhabitant massacred?

And yes i know about the TMT, but why did you fail to mention that the TMT was created in order to couinter the EOKA terrorists. And why do you not mention that whilst the EOKA had military weapons the TMT had to buy hunting rifles from the Greeks.

From 1963-1974 the Turks had to endure a lot, in fact the Greek government under the leadership of an Archbishop (i always thought men of religion should promote peace) had to be confined to 3% of cypriot land as they had to go to the UN bases for protection. And yet we voted yes to the annan plan, whilst the Greeks said OXI (no).

we will never go back to pre-1974!

1974 oncesine ASLA donus olamaz!

NE MUTLU TURKUM DiYENE!!!SUKRAN ANAVATAN TURKIYE'YE

SUKRAN SANLI ORDUMUZA

KIBRIS TURK'TU, TURK KALACAK

If you want to post turkish stuff, post it in the non english forum, because it is annoying to see it and not to read it. And please, don't post this, "Go turkey, we are all soldiers" stuff, if you want nothing else to say in the conversation..

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 18:39

Originally posted by ak?abelling people was not a good thing i agree.Look civilians were killed from the greek side but if turkey had not interfered there wuld no longer be a turkish side.Our population would have gone from %30 to 0.We interfered in %18.And also There were some koordinate system failure and our planes bombed OUr fleet and some civilians.But you must accept the fact that we were there to stop a murderous move.By the way i change my mind,if it is perfectly safe cyprus can unite once more.[/QUOTE

Your wrong. The turkish population was NEVER 30% of the total population of Cyprus. False numbers to seem like more were killed. Even today, turkey trys to sneek illegal immigrants from Turkey to bolster the Turkish population of Cyprus, so prehaps they can get more "say" or who knows..

Your wrong. The turkish population was NEVER 30% of the total population of Cyprus. False numbers to seem like more were killed. Even today, turkey trys to sneek illegal immigrants from Turkey to bolster the Turkish population of Cyprus, so prehaps they can get more "say" or who knows..

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 00:18

Seko wrote :

###

And when you get heated by my posts, you will know that it only comes from your so-called jester!

I think that you are forgetting to acknowledge the Turkish side regarding unification now aren't you. Tisk! Tisk! Isk.

###

Sure Seko ....except a tiny , but significant detail....i cant get heated by propaganda...i dont buy so easily ....I stay with facts....And facts , up to now , say that UN , EU , and every organization in the world have been acusing u for crimes , not the Greek Cypriots....Not even the Turkish Cypriots.....not even the Armenians ....not even ONE nation .....only just the Turks...well its only life and u will have to get used to it.Of course u have ur excuses...the problem remains though that nobody but u , do believe them.Fortunately , voices like Aksam and the Turkish diplomat Dirvana ( both dogs , for ur taste ) have started to rise.

So , there is hope for u , people after all...

Nop , i dont forget the Turkish Cypriots side. U see Seko , Turkish Cypriots want to unify ....it is for their own interest and they know that they will prosper if they do. It is Turkey who does not want them to unify , presenting demands all the time. U see Seko ....lets make an assumtion....just to see what happens.

IF Turkish Cypriots , this 18% of the population , unifies with the Greek Cypriots , WITHOUT ANY DEMAND from their part...u know what happens ??

130.000 colonisers will have to go back to Anatolia , as they are in Cyprus illegaly...And u dont have the means either to feed them , or to support them...All the world will see ( once more ) that it was U that was occupying the Cyprus land illegaly and u will be exposed to all nations , as a terroristic country....

So , it is Turkey who does not want the unification of the island of Cyprus...How ?? Very simple....U present demands that u already know the Greek Cypriots will turn down..I bet u anything u have in ur pockets that IF the Turkish army withdraw and the illegal immigrants leave , at least in their larger number....The Turkish Cypriots will unify with the Greeks , in no time at all ...5 seconds ?? Ten ?? the most.

So , as u see....u still have to go a long way , before turning the tables in ur favor...Keep trying though..

Isk.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 04:26
Originally posted by strategos

Originally posted by ak?abelling people was not a good thing i agree.Look civilians were killed from the greek side but if turkey had not interfered there wuld no longer be a turkish side.Our population would have gone from %30 to 0.We interfered in %18.And also There were some koordinate system failure and our planes bombed OUr fleet and some civilians.But you must accept the fact that we were there to stop a murderous move.By the way i change my mind,if it is perfectly safe cyprus can unite once more.

Your wrong. The turkish population was NEVER 30% of the total population of Cyprus. False numbers to seem like more were killed. Even today, turkey trys to sneek illegal immigrants from Turkey to bolster the Turkish population of Cyprus, so prehaps they can get more say or who knows..

[/QUOTE

Maybe not 30 but at least 25%.At least.And were did you get the immigrant information.That is unrealistic,impossible and not a respectable proof

Maybe not 30 but at least 25%.At least.And were did you get the immigrant information.That is unrealistic,impossible and not a respectable proof

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 05:26
Originally posted by iskenderani

Seko wrote :

###

###

Sure Seko ....except a tiny , but significant detail....i cant get heated by propaganda...i dont buy so easily ....I stay with facts....And facts , up to now , say that UN , EU , and every organization in the world have been acusing u for crimes , not the Greek Cypriots....Not even the Turkish Cypriots.....not even the Armenians ....not even ONE nation .....only just the Turks...well its only life and u will have to get used to it.Of course u have ur excuses...the problem remains though that nobody but u , do believe them.Fortunately , voices like Aksam and the Turkish diplomat Dirvana ( both dogs , for ur taste ) have started to rise.

You stay with facts do you?

What is European commission? Greece is a part of it but Turkey is out of it.

It is something saying like "you see Greek parliament took the decision that Turkey is wrong in Cyprus case".

Who cares?

Did Greece organize a coup d'etat in Cyprus in 1974? YES

Did Greece want to annex Cyprus after this event? YES

Did they kill Turkish civilians? YES

Did Greek Cypriot regime since 1963 systematically support terrorist attacks on Turks? YES

Did Turkey has the right to interven Cyprus as being one of the guarator state of Cyprus ? YES

Did Turkey make an operation to Cyprus? YES

Did Turkey save Turkish Cypriots? YES

Did Turkey look for a peaceful solution? YES

Did Turkey support United Nations' Annan Plan for unification? YES

So what???

After these real facts you are still able to write posts and still defend your argument.That is not staying with facts but twisting them

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 05:27
Brainwashed,ignorant,prick and so on.If you look at the discussion you will see that it is facts against insults and legends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>