Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indian Blind nationalism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indian Blind nationalism
    Posted: 28-Apr-2010 at 21:03
Every country has blind nationalism but indian blind nationalism is just too much. Almost every indian you talk to about history thinks India was the leader of the world in everything, they almost have the same tone as afro-centric people, its really annoying really
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 03:26
You are right, Indian are really very proud of themselves, I visited an exhibition named "10,000 years of Indian history" in the Temple of Akshardham in Delhi, it seems Indians believe almost all important things in the world were invented or discovered by them, for example they said ancient Indians discovered the atom thousands years ago!!
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 07:46
^ yeah thats the thing i have noticed, they specially take a lot of credit for what persians actually invented in the ancient times and also during islamic middle ages time.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 16:12
I've never noticed such a thing, but then again the only Indians I've come across have been here in the states. Maybe its different in India.

But I will tell you this, Turks (from Turkey) are by far the most nationalist people I've ever seen, its borderline Nazi like.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 16:24
I would consider that the above words from TGS are a "flame!" He knows that the words from Turks will set this very site aflame!

As you know, making a "flaming" post is reason for dismissal!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 16:47
Stop trolling! This thread is about nationalism, just look at the first post, look at cyrus' post etc... Opuslola, seriously, acting like this, I dont predict you'll be here much longer.
C. Isaurikon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote C. Isaurikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 16:58
Originally posted by opuslola

I would consider that the above words from TGS are a "flame!" He knows that the words from Turks will set this very site aflame!

As you know, making a "flaming" post is reason for dismissal!

Sounds to me like someone is feeling the 'heat', from having their rear end handed to them in these discussions too often.

"Help help, the big bad man with his commie intellect is too much for me to handle! PLEASE ban him so he stops making me look silly in front of all these people!"
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 17:16
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

I've never noticed such a thing, but then again the only Indians I've come across have been here in the states. Maybe its different in India.

But I will tell you this, Turks (from Turkey) are by far the most nationalist people I've ever seen, its borderline Nazi like.

Warning for Nazi like. You can be critical of nationalism of others without insulting them and creating an unhealthy discussion which will end in closing of this thread.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 18:23
please stay on the topic guys!
Janissary
Janissary

Quote C. Isaurikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 18:28
The Indians I have met are migrants and we have had a large influx recently. I have encountered no nationalist claims from any of them. Perhaps that is because migrants are less likely to be rabidly nationalistic in a new home.

Where and when did you guys encounter these nationalist Indians?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 18:52
I never said Turkish nationalism was Nazi like, I said "Border line Nazi like" as in I've been to Turkey and there are pictures of Ataturk everywhere and everyone believes that Turks are some how better and have historically been the dominant race over their neighbors. Specifically, government promoted nationalism such as the rewriting of history for nationalistic purposes, teaching propaganda for nationalistic purposes, etc... I know what I'm talking about.

Think about it, what other "democracy" have you heard of that outright denies the existence of the largest minority group within its borders (until recently). Another example would be that an entire language was illegal until relatively recently. Thats pretty nationalistic if you ask me and pretty close to the type of nationalism proposed by the Nazi's.

What the heck does this have to do with Turks? We're talking about nationalism here.

I doubt Indian nationalism is as bad a Turkish nationalism. American nationalism is pretty bad too, but again, no as bad as Turkish nationalism.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 29-Apr-2010 at 19:36
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 19:37
I am sorry TGS, you did say "Border line Nazi like"!

I shall be careful! Thanks!

Just keep it clean, and you and I will never have a problem!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 19:42
Originally posted by opuslola

I am sorry TGS, you did say "Border line Nazi like"!

I shall be careful! Thanks!

Just keep it clean, and you and I will never have a problem!

Regards,

Yea, next time read posts before trolling...oh and by the way, stop trolling.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 29-Apr-2010 at 19:43
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 21:30
Originally posted by C. Isaurikon

The Indians I have met are migrants and we have had a large influx recently. I have encountered no nationalist claims from any of them. Perhaps that is because migrants are less likely to be rabidly nationalistic in a new home.

well firstly did you actually discuss history with them? i am talking about indians who are into history, not some average joe indian who doesn't care for history
Janissary
Janissary

Quote C. Isaurikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 21:37
Originally posted by balochii

well firstly did you actually discuss history with them? i am talking about indians who are into history, not some average joe indian who doesn't care for history

Honestly, I didn't really discuss that much history with them. And the people I did speak to were average Joes. So which ones did you speak to, and where?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 21:45
woops, responded to balochii thinking he was asking me that question, sorry!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 29-Apr-2010 at 21:47
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2010 at 09:41

Originally posted by balochii

Honestly, I didn't really discuss that much history with them. And the people I did speak to were average Joes. So which ones did you speak to, and where?

i am talking about the people who are interested in history, average joe's dont care for anything. But the indians who are interesed in history are really really bias. Forexample there was a south indian forumer here in the indian section, he kept claming insane stuff about Tamils, and how they ruled asia and how they invented a lot of stuff etc...

Edited by balochii - 30-Apr-2010 at 09:42
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2010 at 18:40
TGS and Opuslola,

If you believe that a post is in violation of the rules, please private message a moderator.  Do not "call" the poster on it. As you can see, it just leads to a response and a counter response that goes nowhere.

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

as in I've been to Turkey and there are pictures of Ataturk everywhere and everyone believes that Turks are some how better and have historically been the dominant race over their neighbors. Specifically, government promoted nationalism such as the rewriting of history for nationalistic purposes, teaching propaganda for nationalistic purposes, etc... I know what I'm talking about.
I have visited Turkey as a guest on several occasions and was treated very well by the Turks.  I was also informed by the American Embassy that even unintended conversations that criticized Turkey in anyway could have a severe reaction. 

I had to miss one trip after Senator Dole sponsored the Armenian Genocide recognition. In Turkey, the situation got real tense, real fast. That being said, I would visit Turkey again tomorrow.  I never heard a Turk say anything against America or Americans.

Edited by Cryptic - 30-Apr-2010 at 19:07
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2010 at 22:34
I think "Nationalism" is much better than "Religionism", you can come here and just say I'm a Bahai then you can wish to be burnt immediately on an altar but unfortunately you should endure eternal torture!!
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 15:02
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I think "Nationalism" is much better than "Religionism", you can come here and just say I'm a Bahai then you can wish to be burnt immediately on an altar but unfortunately you should endure eternal torture!!

Torture forever in this forum or in some less or more relevant and imaginary hell?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>