Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Religious persecutions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religious persecutions
    Posted: 03-Sep-2012 at 15:02
Much is being noted about faith based persecutions recently on the web. To be PC is to note 'this one or that one' from history and attempt the inane nexus. What's often forgotten or obfuscated by Islam or Hindu radicals, for example, and others...including oligarchic-theological states leadership; who have indeed committed persecutions against other faiths to the present day.....is that they are not alone..were not alone...in being in the recipient status. 
Then or now.
See these links as an example.

So when I see people moaning, on the net about the 'lost this or that' as committed by one faith base group or another over the course of time....I attempt to see it objectively. Which is to say the response historical of the varying cultural growth, societies and theological impasses and interactions, that have developed during the eons. And I then attempt to study the causation and effect of the contextual era in which it occurred. And the varying reasons why it might have been done. While, if at all possible, avoiding justifications, condemnations or approbations, for or against, in the modern contextual sense.

The latter is for wannabe moral philosophers, theological apologists or the inadequately trained amateurs and revisionists. And those who adopt glamorization and rejectionism instead of the method. Even then....centuries too late.

Not historians.

As a history scholar I might regret it; ie. losses of this or that, reservoirs of knowledge and information; artificats etc; but as a professional one, I move on. And attempt to study what remains and is available to be studied.... rather then wring my hands and wish frogs, in general, could fly.

Also sprach Centrix Vigilis
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12