Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 Olympics
    Posted: 04-May-2013 at 06:21

Which city will be gain this honour?

The Japanese mascot of olympics

Spain

Edited by Ollios - 04-May-2013 at 06:23
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 09:08
I would seriously like to go for Istanbul, Ollios, but the video projects almost nothing. What it does show is good, but it lacks detail in regards to what it proposes for the games itself, and what the facilities would be developed into afterwards. I'm confused as to what Tokyo wants us to be looking at, as I see nothing. Madrid probably shouldn't have that much of a chance because Barcelona had it a few years back, but their video is very professional, even though lacking in excitement, and shows what usually is expected these days. Was wondering why they chose to use a video for what must have been a failed bid for 2016.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 10:29
@TheAlaniDragonRising

so you don't expect a good olympics in 2020. None of candicate gains a good point from you. Big smile

On the other hand, I don't want that Istanbul win the games. It is costly also you build many facilties more than local people need. What will be happened after the olympics ? We have just seen the London example. Olympics doesn't really get much profits, and costs are also more than expected. 

Situation of Facilities in Athens(Host city in 2004 Olympics)

If Istanbul win, maybe I will be an official protester 

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 11:16
On the contrary, Ollios, I expect much from every Olympic games. Do they make money altogether? No. But they do seem to be cultural events where on the whole people of a nation pull together to show what they are about.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 14:10
Given the staggering cost of building top notch new facilities, and the subsequent costs of hosting including huge security expenses,and the shaky condition of the European economoy in general, I'm not sure why anyone would be anxious to host the games.

A long time ago I was a follower of the Olympics, but after it was opened up to professional athletes and turned into a gigantic commercial forum I lost interest.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 14:11
Originally posted by Ollios

@TheAlaniDragonRising

so you don't expect a good olympics in 2020. None of candicate gains a good point from you. Big smile

On the other hand, I don't want that Istanbul win the games. It is costly also you build many facilties more than local people need. What will be happened after the olympics ? We have just seen the London example. Olympics doesn't really get much profits, and costs are also more than expected. 

Situation of Facilities in Athens(Host city in 2004 Olympics)

If Istanbul win, maybe I will be an official protester 

Let me guess - she's the captain of the Free Climbing Team.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2013 at 18:47
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

they do seem to be cultural events where on the whole people of a nation pull together to show what they are about.

What a nice words for Olympics Big smile. However, the main aim of Olympics is showing your superiority since Ancient Greece. It is acutually a kind of war for me but this is just my opinion.

Originally posted by Mountain Man

.... I'm not sure why anyone would be anxious to host the games.
I don' think given money is enough for real cost.

"The New York Times reported that the 1992 Barcelona Games left Spain with a $6.1 billion debt. Athens estimated that the 2004 Games would cost $1.6 billion, but in the end it was $16 billion. It took Montreal nearly 30 years to pay off the $2.7 billion it owed after the 1976 Summer Games. "

Originally posted by Mountain Man

A long time ago I was a follower of the Olympics, but after it was opened up to professional athletes and turned into a gigantic commercial forum I lost interest.
I agree
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2013 at 03:45
Just a few days left to declartion of which city will held 2020 Olympics (7th Septemper)

Which one will be gain it?

Istanbul: Gezi Protests
Madrid:   Bad Economy
Tokyo:    Fukushima Accident   Big smile

Whatever
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2013 at 13:19
i hop istanbul gain it Star
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2013 at 15:46
Olympic News

Madrid lost, race between Istanbul and Tokyo is continuing 
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2013 at 17:14
and Tokyo is winner

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2013 at 06:49
Nice! 
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 02:53
damn i should fly all the way to tokyo now ! istanbul  was close and far cheaper !Cry
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply