Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Rights with the Police

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cellular View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cellular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Rights with the Police
    Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 00:19
I was wondering what exactly are my rights with the police? If I get pulled over? If a policeman comes to my door? If they ask to check my car when  I get pulled over? Perhaps we can share some stories and give what exactly your rights are..
Photo shows a Mexican flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag during a high school student protest over immigration reform. http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 00:29
I know if they ask to check your car while you're pulled over, you can refuse, if they do search without your consent, they've violated the 4th Amendment.  All high school kids know this from smuggling alcohol.
Member of IAEA
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 00:31

When you get pulled over, you must present a valid drivers license and proof of insurance. A peace officer may search your vehicle if probable cause is evident.(such as dialated pupils or the smell of alcohol on your breath, etc...) A police officer may not enter your home without a search warrant, unless you are evading police and run into your house or something like that. Do you have anything specifically that you would like to know?

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 14:29

What illicit substance exactly are you thinking of smuggling from the Isle of Man to the US?

With a few more details maybe we could really help.

Though I struggle to think what's on the isle of Man (the last nazi regime in europe) that's not in the US already.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 14:46

Sadly, the US does have a seriouss problem with drugs. Paul is right, I doubt there is anything on the Isle of Man thats not in the US already.

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 20:27
Originally posted by Cellular

I was wondering what exactly are my rights with the police? If I get pulled over? If a policeman comes to my door? If they ask to check my car when  I get pulled over? Perhaps we can share some stories and give what exactly your rights are..

If a cop asks you anything, you can simply ask him "Am I being charged with anything?", if he says no, you say "Then we dont need to talk, goodbye". Advice from a lawyer.

They cant enter your house or search your car without a Search Warrant. So unless they present you with paperwork (check to make sure if its fake or not), then they cant do anything to you. Well, at least legally. They can search you if youre pulled over, though, so make sure whatever you have isnt in your pockets while youre in the car.

If you want to smuggle drugs into the U.S. I advise you not to put it inside your luggage. If its a quantity that you can carry with you, the best thing to do is to tape it to your crotch. Its the only place they dont frisk you. You might want to do some research on how to throw off the smell incase they have dogs, though. Chances are you wont even see a dog, and if you do, theyre only there to sniff luggage (which is why you shouldnt put it in there, coupled with the fact that they can see everything in your bag).

A nearly fool-proof way of smuggling is to put it inside an air-tight bag or pouch and swallow it. The only risk involved with this is the bag can potentially open inside your stomach. Dont eat or drink too many acidic substances, and dont be nervous. You dont want pouches of cocaine or LSD dissolving into your stomach. Other than that its basically risk-free.

If you specified what you want to bring over it would be a lot easier
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 20:52
If a Dutch cop asks you for ID, you can ask him for ID, and are apparently allowed to write down their name is you so choose, before then showing yours.
At least that was the idea, not sure if teh Dutch have standard ID cards yet, other than the ones they oblige 'strangers' to carry.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 07:56
If you want to smuggle drugs into the U.S. I advise you not to put it inside your luggage. If its a quantity that you can carry with you, the best thing to do is to tape it to your crotch. Its the only place they dont frisk you. You might want to do some research on how to throw off the smell incase they have dogs, though. Chances are you wont even see a dog, and if you do, theyre only there to sniff luggage (which is why you shouldnt put it in there, coupled with the fact that they can see everything in your bag).

A nearly fool-proof way of smuggling is to put it inside an air-tight bag or pouch and swallow it. The only risk involved with this is the bag can potentially open inside your stomach. Dont eat or drink too many acidic substances, and dont be nervous. You dont want pouches of cocaine or LSD dissolving into your stomach. Other than that its basically risk-free.

Experience?
Your last methot is not completely risk-free. Amsterdam Airport has jailes full of people who swallowed drugs ('bolletjeslikkers'). Somehow the government finds it more important to arrest poor drugs smugglers than look for the causes of their smuggling (most of them are from the Netherlands Antilles and have to choose between prostitution and drug smuggling in order to survive).

At least that was the idea, not sure if teh Dutch have standard ID cards yet, other than the ones they oblige 'strangers' to carry.

Yes, there are standard ID cards already, and passports are also allowed.
But I never carry one. I don't like to give up privacy for fake security.
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 13:34
Wow, looks like we are teaching a class for criminals. Let's see.....we could call it.......Criminal Method 101 ( procedures for avoiding the law and delivering the goods)
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 19:14

Originally posted by BMC21113

Wow, looks like we are teaching a class for criminals. Let's see.....we could call it.......Criminal Method 101 ( procedures for avoiding the law and delivering the goods)

Well, the alternative is bribery. Somehow I don't see that as any more respectable though. If nothing else, these personal stories are entertaining.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 21:00
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Well, the alternative is bribery. Somehow I don't see that as any more respectable though. If nothing else, these personal stories are entertaining.

Funny, that is a quick way to jail in most of the USA, especially in Eastern Washington.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 21:04
Originally posted by eaglecap

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Funny, that is a quick way to jail in most of the USA, especially in Eastern Washington.

Well you won't go to gaol (I know that must look ghastly to our American members) if you bribe the officer well enough. You know what they say, the higher a man's morals the higher his price

Post Reply Post Reply