Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traditional Medical Herbs by Early Women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traditional Medical Herbs by Early Women
    Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 13:03

Here would I would like to share with u guys about JAMU

In SE Asia region, Jamu is well known medical herbs for women and men. Mostly consume by women since years ago. for beauty, health and etc. till now it is still popular among people in Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and Malaysia...

History of Jamu.. Star

Originally posted by http://www.anticancerplacentatherapy.com/jamu.htm

Indonesian medical herbs and natural medicines are called JAMU and their healing properties have been known for centuries.  Jamu's history, related to the Mataram Hindu Empire , began 1300 years ago in the palaces of Yogjakarta and Solo and was practically unknown outside this immense country. Until recently that is, when slowly the rest of the world has started to discover the effectiveness of these mystical herbs. The Dutch however, who colonized this large archipelago over a period of 500 years, understood quite well the value of spices, including the development of their medicinal use. The CINCHONA tree bark for instance, was the basic ingredient for quinine, still a favorite remedy for malaria, leg cramps and fever.

Indonesia, blessed with tropical forests, has with the Amazon, the largest number of herbal species in the world. Jamu is made from side effect free medicinal herbs and trees using their leaves, seeds, barks, roots and fruits.

The University of Leiden,The Netherlands,(department of tropical medicine), possesses the largest library and analyses of Jamu  and still the best standard Jamu encyclopedia of today was written by J. Kloppenburg-Versteeg - in 1907 !!!

I wonder wht women from other country use for their daily consumption in preserving their health and beauty..

Wish u guys share it here!!! Wink

Edited by cahaya - 21-Aug-2006 at 00:54
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 13:10
The fountain of youth. Perhaps Ponce de Leon has something to say on this matter.

Anyway, medicinal herbs have been a source of treatment for a wide variety of ailments and health maintenance over the years. For good skin tone I would recommend a fish oil supplement. A capsule for ingestion. Appears to benefit the skin, among other things.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 23:00
WOW Cahaya! I had never heard about JAMU! I grow peppermint in my herb garden, which I use to make tea with. I find it helps my stomach! Also good is linden (tilo) leaves used by some to relax the nerves and to help sleep.
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply