Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O' Byzantium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O' Byzantium
    Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 20:30
    Has anyone read "O' Byzantium Annal of Niketas Choniates - translated by Harry J. Magoulias
It is very interesting and it would be interesting to maybe dicusss aspects of this book. If you have the book then get it out and let's talk. I have mine on loan from the Bing Crosby Memorial library at Gonzaga University.

While I stood on the ancient walls of Constantinople last fall I said the same thing- O' Byzantium O' Byzantium!!!! No offense to my Turkish friends but I enjoy reading about the victories by the Byzantines over the Turks in that period, must be my Greek side-lol. It is history though so I cannot be angry with what happened so long ago and now I have several friends I keep in contact with in Istanbul.

Edited by eaglecap - 30-Dec-2006 at 21:11
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply