Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How risk affects the lives we live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How risk affects the lives we live
    Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 17:22

This is a very interesting article about how humans perceive risk and how we run our lives accordingly.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1562978,00.html

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 18:55

....feels like life is just one great big lottery...when your number comes up thats it!!!...

..i do not really want to think about such things to much.....other wise i would not do anything...Unhappy
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 19:47
Heh, another living example of how ignorant mankind is. In fact, I am going to be so lazy that there would be practically no risk... apart from possible food and drink, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, disease, robbery, and diffusion rate in my body. Oh crap, forgot to mention stem cells, blood tranfusion rate change... Mein Gott! I can't even list the possible risks when I lay on the bed...

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply