Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Female stem cells are better than male stem cells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Female stem cells are better than male stem cells
    Posted: 16-May-2007 at 15:05
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center has recently made a study showing the difference in degenerative capabilities of muscle stem cells based on sex. Scientists have concluded that stem cells isolated from females regenerate more efficiently than those from males. The director of the Stem Cell Research Center at UPM Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh stated, Regardless of the sex of the host, the implantation of female stem cells led to significantly better skeletal muscle regeneration, and further stated that, Based on these results, future studies investigating regenerative medicine should consider the sex of the stem cells to be an important factor. The research appears in the Journal of Cell Biology.

Just another example of the significant and important value of a female! In the future, remember that if you ever need stem cells, make sure they come from a female!

Source: http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science/2007/04/09/female_stem_cells_better_than_male_cells/
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 19:23

Huh, I never knew that.

Join us.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 01:48
....and i never will belive it.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 02:35
Well what we have to do now is really very simple. It is obvious that due to the historical oppression of the female stem cells, we must institute anti-discrimination legislation for male stem cells.

With this in place, we can begin affirmative action programs for male stem cells, give them a quota of seats to fill in parliament, hold rallies to raise awareness of the self worth of male stem cells. We should also make it illegal to discriminate against male stem cells on the basis of their gender, and include jail time for anyone who disagrees. As a final touch, male stem cells should congregate on university lawns, deliver rousing speeches, and then collectively burn their boxer shorts, briefs and other symbols of female stem cell imposed oppression!
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 03:00
Male stem cells of the world, join together !!!
Break the power of the female doctrine !!
Male Stem Cells of all Countries, free yourself.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 05:51
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Well what we have to do now is really very simple. It is obvious that due to the historical oppression of the female stem cells, we must institute anti-discrimination legislation for male stem cells.

With this in place, we can begin affirmative action programs for male stem cells, give them a quota of seats to fill in parliament, hold rallies to raise awareness of the self worth of male stem cells. We should also make it illegal to discriminate against male stem cells on the basis of their gender, and include jail time for anyone who disagrees. As a final touch, male stem cells should congregate on university lawns, deliver rousing speeches, and then collectively burn their boxer shorts, briefs and other symbols of female stem cell imposed oppression!

LOLClap
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 09:53
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Clamouring for equality does not an equal stem cell make. Protesting for equal rights will not change the fact that male stem cells are just not equal to the superior female stem cell.

It is not that I begrudge the male stem cells the right to be treated equally to female stem cells, and I can imagine how many male stem cells would like to support this quest for equality. But we have to face the fact that they just cannot live up to expectations, and will never meet the criteria for joining the ranks of the superior stem cell class.

We cannot lower criteria for research just because some male cells feel left out in a job that was never their place anyhow. Therefore it is my belief that male stem cells have no place in Advances Stem Cell Research Facilities.

Edited by Aelfgifu - 18-May-2007 at 06:19

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 10:53
Good to see so many scientific minds in our midst! Nothing to be ashamed of fellas! Oh, did you also not know that, statistically, women live longer than men?

Source: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=168
"Morty

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 13:58
It's good to finally know what are the best fetusses to abort, to get hold of high quality stem cells.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 14:02
Originally posted by Paul

It's good to finally know what are the best fetusses to abort, to get hold of high quality stem cells.

Oh, that must be "The Paul Way"!
"Morty

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2007 at 02:11

China is onto something then.......

Damn you Paul I'm spending too much time reading your posts.

Not to get too serious though, but the reason I think that female stem cells are of a better quality for research and experimentation is that females have a spare X chromosome which can work as a "back-up" in case something doesn't work right the first time.

So basically you could think of it as guy cells only get one shot, but we know that lady cells need a do-over sometimes.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
heikstheo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote heikstheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 17:19
Originally posted by morticia

Good to see so many scientific minds in our midst! Nothing to be ashamed of fellas! Oh, did you also not know that, statistically, women live longer than men?

Is it necessarily biologically inherent that causes women to live longer than men? Or is it simply that something external to the biological factors is causing women to live longer than men in modern Western Civilization? I seem to recall one of the articles in an anthology on women in the Middle Ages edited by Rosemary Thee Mowredge in 1973 showing that men lived longer than women in the late antique and early mediaeval periods.  
Ted Heiks
BA, History & Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 20:04
Originally posted by heikstheo

Originally posted by morticia

Is it necessarily biologically inherent that causes women to live longer than men? Or is it simply that something external to the biological factors is causing women to live longer than men in modern Western Civilization? I seem to recall one of the articles in an anthology on women in the Middle Ages edited by Rosemary Thee Mowredge in 1973 showing that men lived longer than women in the late antique and early mediaeval periods.  

I think we could almost definitely put this down to deaths through childbirth. Let's not forget in the late medieval and early modern period who the majority of witch burning victims were.
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 01:22
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Clamouring for equality does not an equal stem cell make. Protesting for equal rights will not change the fact that male stem cells are just not equal to the superior female stem cell.

It is not that I begrudge the male stem cells the right to be treated equally to female stem cells, and I can imagine how many male stem cells would like to support this quest for equality. But we have to face the fact that they just cannot live up to expectations, and will never meet the criteria for joining the ranks of the superior stem cell class.

We cannot lower criteria for research just because some male cells feel left out in a job that was never their place anyhow. Therefore it is my belief that male stem cells have no place in Advances Stem Cell Research Facilities.

I agree entirelyThumbs%20Up we can not lower standards for the sake of equality where research has shown equality does not exist. In the spirit of this brilliant concept I propose that all females be removed from parliament and positions of power as research has shown that even the most famous female leaders are usually miserable failures (eg. Boudicea, Zenobia, Cleopatra etc) or mere figureheads or symbols (eg. Victoria and Joan of Arc)Wink

Heres hoping I can whether the coming storm......

Regards, Praetor.
Explorador View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Explorador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 14:38
Well, I think every human is different from each other. There are possibly other factors that are more relevant to regenerative ability than sex. I think the author of this study wanted to take a lot of attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply