Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who built the pyramids of the Canaries?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who built the pyramids of the Canaries?
    Posted: 08-Sep-2011 at 20:32
If the reconstruction is accurate, have you considered the possibility it was a ziggurat? Canaanite or Babylonian architecture is much more plausible than Aztec as the Carthaginians' ancestors were among the finest sailors of the ancient world
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2011 at 20:53
Plausible as far as we know...grant ya that.. but I don't see the terracing associated with ziggurats.
I won't argue that the C/P's were great sailors Nick but that alone can not necessarily dismiss other possibilities.

That, otoh, gets me back to these mysterious Gaunches. I think I will investigate further on them.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

bardofely View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bardofely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2012 at 17:21
I live on Tenerife and am continuing my research of the pyramids here.  I was doing some research and stumbled on this thread. 

Anyway, what I want to say is that first of all I find it disappointing and significant that only the Güímar constructions are the focus of the debate. There are other equally impressive pyramids just outside Icod de los Vinos and also in Santa Bárbara. They do not get discussed usually. 

Secondly, that although the academics and all those that agree with them because they are 'experts,' keep on with their "piles of stones" and "agricultural terracing" idea, it is clearly evident that these constructions are far more than that.

Thirdly, for all who say there is no evidence that the Guanches ever made pyramids, I know of a Spanish book published in 1985 by Centro de Cultura Popular Canaria (before Heyerdahl's involvement here) by Domingo Lima Rodriguez entitled Los Guanches that states that the Palmeros (Guanches from La Palma) made pyramids of stone for each of the 12 kingdoms.  If they did that over there then why not in Tenerife?  

I am in touch with American author Gordon Kennedy who has written the book The White Indians of Nivaria and I have written a recent article about his work: http://wizzley.com/the-mysterious-guanches-were-the-white-indians-of-nivaria/
Bard of Ely is here:
http://hubpages.com/_uq6h62db2t97/profile/Bard+of+Ely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123