Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World's most happiest countries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World's most happiest countries
    Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 07:01
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 07:15
Well we ranked fourth. Interesting how this compares to our UN HDI Index, in which we rank third. Things are generally run well here, and the culture overall balances prosperity with recreational needs quite well. Plus, having a great big island with lots of sunshine all to ourselves doesn't hurt.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 11:26
I would have said Bhutan and Tahiti would be higher up there. As well as Fiji...

The US is nowhere to be seen though
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 18:29
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Well we ranked fourth. Interesting how this compares to our UN HDI Index, in which we rank third. Things are generally run well here, and the culture overall balances prosperity with recreational needs quite well. Plus, having a great big island with lots of sunshine all to ourselves doesn't hurt.

I have been on 2 weddings lately where there were 2 Australians and they looked defenately happyBig%20smile, especially after few glasses of polish vodkaWink

I've always thought that sun makes people happy. But the biggest part of this "happy countries" are cold Northern European Scandinavian lands. Probably they travel a lot down the south having money, time and peace.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2008 at 18:38
Guatemala???
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 18:30
I just looked at Finland section with utter shock...

One 27-year-old Finnish Internet entrepreneur, pulled over in his BMW doing 43 miles an hour in a 25-mph zone, was slapped with a $71,400 fine. A 26-year-old grad student paid $82 for a similar offense. He was happier.

70, 000 fine for speed limit? I don't normally say this, but WTF!!?
I should dress like a Finnish cop, fine a rich guy, and use to pay for my tution....

Edited by pekau - 13-May-2008 at 18:31

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 20:43
If people are so darn happy in Mexico, then why do so many of them come to America?

It's interesting to note that most of those countries are Northern European. Austria and Switzerland both seem like damn fine places. And Iceland subsidizes writers? I think I know where I'm moving to...
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 23:21
Originally posted by The Honorary Title

If people are so darn happy in Mexico, then why do so many of them come to America?

Because many still consider part of America (the one US won from Mexico) is still their . So it is legitimate for them to flood the border of US to reclaim the territory.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 06:57
Originally posted by Parnell

I would have said Bhutan and Tahiti would be higher up there. As well as Fiji...

The US is nowhere to be seen though

And why? Can't speak for Tahiti, but Bhutan is a theocracy which is a vassal state of India.
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 08:25
Originally posted by Majkes

Do You agree with the list? Question especially to those happy bastards who live in those countries?

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/04/23/happiest-places-world-oped-cx_ewe_0423happiest_slide_2.html?partner=onet

Well, if you ask me i can just tell you about Sweden...I left it. Seriously, i had enough and I was not happy.

I would be happy in Australia i think, but unless you've lived somewhere for a long time you shouldn't be certain.

Most people don't get me, but i have other criterias about what makes me wanna stay at one place. Luckily, I'm not alone on this.

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 08:43
Iceland's little blurb is somewhat troubling.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 10:11
Originally posted by Flipper

Originally posted by Majkes

Do You agree with the list? Question especially to those happy bastards who live in those countries?

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/04/23/happiest-places-world-oped-cx_ewe_0423happiest_slide_2.html?partner=onet

Well, if you ask me i can just tell you about Sweden...I left it. Seriously, i had enough and I was not happy.

I would be happy in Australia i think, but unless you've lived somewhere for a long time you shouldn't be certain.

Most people don't get me, but i have other criterias about what makes me wanna stay at one place. Luckily, I'm not alone on this.

Well, in the summer, I wouldn't like to live anywhere else. Swedish summers beats anything else IMHO. In wintertime though... can be debated :D

Just out of curiousity, what made you have enough?
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 11:08
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Well, in the summer, I wouldn't like to live anywhere else. Swedish summers beats anything else IMHO. In wintertime though... can be debated :D

Just out of curiousity, what made you have enough?

Yep, Swedish summers are great unless it rains, something that happens every 6-7 years. Otherwise, I used to enjoy pick nicks and miny festivals in the parks of Stockholm Big%20smile.

The bad winter weather can generally be a common excuse for people, but I believe that is a myth. It is an easy excuse. I was never affected by the weather or the short winter days. It's not like the winters in Sweden are boring and rainy...It is just cold, but you might have a huge sun above your head and in combination with the snow it can be really nice.

Well, what made me have enough...That is a long story Styrbiorn. To summerize it with some enumeration I would say: social life, routine, peoples "problems", peoples parroting, peoples mental deterioration. Ofcourse I don't blame my countrymen, but the mechanisms that cause all these things. I had to choose eather to fall in this box filled with everyday reality or do something that would be more suitable for myself.

Maybe it was just Stockholm as a city some might say and it is true that i find the southern cities like Lund more cosmopolitan. But after all, I'm a nomad type of man and I like to change environments and develop new views on this worlds reality. Within the 10 next years I wouldn't be suprised if I ended in Argentina, Jamaica, Japan, India, somewhere in Africa or whatever.

Edited by Flipper - 15-May-2008 at 11:46

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
 Post Reply Post Reply