Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHINA VS RUSSIA

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who will win in a war?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [60.00%]
2 [40.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHINA VS RUSSIA
    Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 17:08
The young, growing superpower vs the old, fomer master.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 22:34

the soviet union was never a master of china. in fact, they didn't really get along back then and fought a war in a boarder dispute.

russia today will not win because they don't have enough money to buy the fuels and pay their soldiers.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Idanthyrus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Idanthyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 23:04

I think it would depend on who was the agressor party. If China invaded Russia the poor state of moral in the red army would improve as soldiers would rally to the defence of their nation. The EU and the US would probably both intervene on Russia's behalf.

The Russian T-90 outclasses the Chinese Type-85 tank, and in the hands of the elite Russian Guards Armored divisions would pose a real threat to the Chinese. Likewise with the BMP-3 to the Chinese Type-90. The Russian airforce is both larger and more technologically advanced that the Chinese Airforce; it is the best upkept branch of the Russian millitary. The Russian pacific fleet while being more advanced than that the Chinese fleet is in a total state of disrepair and the Chinese would probably have an easy time of it. If it came to it, Russia also has the world's largest nuclear arsenal, including very large stockpiles of tactical nukes.

I think that it would be suicide for China to attack Russia, and it would be suicide for Russia to attack China.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 23:35

well, china's latest mbt is type 99. that's what they are producing now. they switch the model pretty fast and often. that's what makes china different from the old soviet union. the same goes for the chinese navy. they usually build a pair of new warships and switch to another design. in war time, you can always mass produce whatever you want. in peaceful time, they try to make more variants and updates on new models other than building up inventory.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
 Post Reply Post Reply