Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heja Sverige..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heja Sverige..
    Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 17:45
...we're comming.

As a kind of revenge for all the doings the vikings did, we (my family and i) will invade Sweden in the beginning of July. And my kids will return the like, be sure.

Does anyone have some advices, where we should start the bloodshed?

First we will despoil Danmark on our way to Kalmar. So, North hope you and you family will be protected at that moment.

So where should we go?

Thanks for your reply.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 18:19
How are you travelling? By car or trains? What's your main interests - nature, culture, or fun for the kids? Småland isn't my area, but if you like forests and lakes you're in for a treat. Should be plenty of opportunities for canoeing or hiking. You have the Astrid Lindgren World in Vimmerby, if the kids are in the right ages and familiar with her stories it might be fun for them (linky: http://www.alv.se/index-ger.asp). Kalmar is really nice, I was actually thinking going there a while ago.

I'm in a rush now, will come back later.

Edited by Styrbiorn - 08-Jun-2009 at 18:19
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 18:48
Maybe you can visit the West coast, start in Gothenburg and travel northward (by train, bus or the E 6 highway). There you can see interesting sceneries, fish, bath (if the water is warm enough), visit museums and historical buildings, and go out on boat tours. You can also visit Nordens ark, an interesting animal park harboring rare and threatend animals.

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 20:57
Are you looking for places in Denmark as well?
If yes, how far do you want to deroute? - as I expect you will be driving over the belts.
Etnad View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Etnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 22:07
You will never defeat us.. we are still vikings... Its sad to be a dane today :(
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 22:25
Originally posted by Etnad

Its sad to be a dane today :(
Sorry to hear that - hope you will feel better tomorrow.
Etnad View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Etnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 22:35
Originally posted by Northman

Originally posted by Etnad

Its sad to be a dane today :(
Sorry to hear that - hope you will feel better tomorrow.

You have to admit that it hasn't been going very well since Valdemar.

Edited by Etnad - 08-Jun-2009 at 22:59
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 22:45
Yeah - not too much to be happy about since the era of the Valdemars if you only consider raiding and pilaging. Anyways - this won't help Ulrich!  
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 23:24
Hope you have a lot of fun in your exploits Ulrich von Hutten.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 06:27
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

How are you travelling? By car or trains? What's your main interests - nature, culture, or fun for the kids? Småland isn't my area, but if you like forests and lakes you're in for a treat. Should be plenty of opportunities for canoeing or hiking. You have the Astrid Lindgren World in Vimmerby, if the kids are in the right ages and familiar with her stories it might be fun for them (linky: http://www.alv.se/index-ger.asp). Kalmar is really nice, I was actually thinking going there a while ago.

I'm in a rush now, will come back later.

We wil go by car via Putgarden - Rödby and Helsinborg. First we will stay close to Kalmar.Then we will travel to Eksjö for two days, where we will have a visit at Lindgren World.
At last we will visit friends close to Skara.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 07:50
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

We wil go by car via Putgarden - Rödby and Helsinborg. First we will stay close to Kalmar.Then we will travel to Eksjö for two days, where we will have a visit at Lindgren World.
At last we will visit friends close to Skara.

Ah, then you're travelling through Glasriket ("Realm of Crystal", for the others). A visit to one of the Crystal Houses might be interesting - the ladies usually likes - and the kids might enjoy trying to blow a glass (it's free for children, or at least cheap). There are at least a dozen works still active, all of them welcome visitors. In some you can try - for a fee- making your own crystal.

http://www.glasriket.se/index.php

Burial mounds, barrows, Stone ships, runestones are spread out a bit of everywhere E.g.,. Beowulf's mound is right out of Skara, but might not be very spectacular. Real interest is needed for those trips to be worth it. Although the cows seem to enjoy:

Skara is in the mid of a "culture region", but your friend surely knows better. They have a Theme park I enjoyed as a kid though.

Edited by Styrbiorn - 11-Jun-2009 at 12:10
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 09:28
This is sort of an inverse Viking raid. 
 Post Reply Post Reply