Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unappreciated American Classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unappreciated American Classic
    Posted: 05-Sep-2011 at 19:58
One, if aware, might cite many classic military treatise, instrumental on the development and formulation of reorganization and structure in the United States Army as the 19th ce came to and end. And for most here you will never have heard of the following. But even tho it long languished until final published; it became a-the critical expose of the History of Military Operations in the United States, up to the point in concluded.

It's ultimate effects were enormous. And virtually every recommendation posited was eventually not only adopted in some form or another....it remains a classic reference material that is being used by scholar, researchers and educators from the hallowed halls of West Point to the grounds of the US Army War College at Carlise Barracks and the venerable cottonwood shaded classrooms of the Command General Staff School at Fortress Leavenworth. It was read and absorbed and endorsed by the greats of the American Army that followed in the century to come and in the century we are now in.

It's long and it might prove unwieldy at first glance but it was written by a man who enjoyed the prestige, superior knowledge and experience of that of which he wrote.

I read it for the first time as a brand new appointed Second Lieutenant many years ago. I find something new in it every time I either open the pages of my own copy over in Rogers, Texas or I peruse it on the net.

Without further ado the legendary classic:

Military Policy of the United States
Emory Upton
Bvt. MG United States Army

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 05-Sep-2011 at 20:03
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply