Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zombie Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zombie Dogs?
    Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 09:31

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts.

Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

News link

Now that is wierd.

Arrrgh!!"
Behrouz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Behrouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 13:10
Originally posted by Cywr

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

News link

Now that is wierd.

Residennnnnnnt evillllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 13:26

Rescuers have been able to revive humans after prolonged periods underwater - in cases where the water is cold enough.

In March 1975, an 18-year-old man was submerged in a freezing Michigan pond for 38 minutes. Declared dead, he was on the way to the morgue when he gasped and caused a diversion of the transporting vehicle to the nearest hospital. Two weeks later he returned to college and continued to be an A student. But two hours of resuscitation were required to bring him around.

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF0/029.html

Recent canine studies suggest that swallowing and aspiration of icy water will enhance the cooling rate.47,48 Indeed, this aspiration of cold water and rapid induction of hypothermia may play a role in cases where preservation of neurologic function occurs despite prolonged anoxia.
It should be emphasized that the simultaneous onset of anoxia with hypothermia carries a less favorable prognosis than when the hypothermia precedes the anoxia. When cardiac arrest finally occurs, there may be only an additional 10- to 15-minute period before the brain is irreversibly damaged in the anoxic hypothermic patient...In very cold water, victims of submersion have had documented survival times of up to 66 minutes with little or no neurologic deficit.50

http://www.bcp911.org/index.php?customernumber=67917786393&a mp;pr=CEJuneArticle

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 14:19
The dogs ay come back without brain damage and perfectly healthy but I bet they become sadistically evil.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:36

Originally posted by Paul

The dogs ay come back without brain damage and perfectly healthy but I bet they become sadistically evil.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 17:40
Originally posted by Cywr

News link

Now that is wierd.

well that is damn stupid,you are brain dead in four minutes after your heart stops,so these dogs can do nohing.mpossible to have no brian damage

100 percent oxygen is poisonus,the oxygen limit in your blood goes that high,you die again

where do thay keep thier blood anyway?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 13:22

This is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I volunteer my dogs for experimentation, especially the evil Husky one

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply