Print Page | Close Window

Bravest people ever?

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Historical Amusement
Forum Discription: For role playing and alternative history discussions.
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2575
Printed Date: 15-Jun-2024 at 16:22
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Bravest people ever?
Posted By: akıncı
Subject: Bravest people ever?
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 15:27
İ didn't put a poll because i didn't want anyone to be left out.So there you have it...

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Replies:
Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 15:32
Spartans

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 15:41
Swiss&Swedes

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 15:42
Turks

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Posted By: Tlaloc
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:13
How does one quantify the bravery of one person/people over the bravery of another? You can't. There's no 'evidence' for this kind of thread..it becomes pure personal choice.

Posted By: Winterhaze13
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:35
You can't determine who is the bravest. Americans will always say Americans, Turks will say Turks, French say French. You should have asked who the most warlike is.

-------------
Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortunes.

-- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:35
Oh, and I say the Canadians.

-------------

-- Voltaire

Posted By: Komnenos
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:48
Originally posted by Winterhaze13

You can't determine who is the bravest. Americans will always say Americans, Turks will say Turks, French say French. You should have asked who the most warlike is.

Absolutely! You might as well ask "where do you come from".

-------------
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:54
This is for everyone, and I'm not singling anyone out. But when you start a thread ask your self, can we have a long and meaningful discussion on this topic?  

-------------

-- Voltaire

Posted By: Bosnjo
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 20:58

Bosnians and Chechens.

-------------
I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.

Posted By: Paul
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 21:19

I've always regarded bravery a synonym of stupidity.

Me I'm more interest who's the least brave, they're the people I'll meet up with next war.

-------------
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk - http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk - http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk

Posted By: Subotei
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 22:45

modern warfare Ghurkas

-------------
Get inside the enemys thoughts capitalise on their fears.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 23:12
me and Subotai are obviously the only people here whos perspective isnt clouded by nationality...ahhh makes me feel so superior....

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 06:07
OK.İ'll be more specific.İ'm asking who made the bravest act in history.What nation?Sorry.İ didn't ask the right question.

-------------

Posted By: Bosnjo
Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 10:01

Te suddenly retake of Grosny by 5000 Chechen fighters, they also took thousands of Russian Soldiers as hostages, so that they got a Peace agreement, and a de facto independant state.

-------------
I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.

Posted By: Praetorian
Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 14:56
Its hard too say,  but I'll know this the Spartans are up there... did you ever herd of the 300 Spartans...

-------------
“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris”
“--If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.”

"game over!! man game over!!"

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 15:03
Yeah the same old story....Brave outnumbered warriors defeated because of a traitor..... blahblahblah

-------------

Posted By: Conquistador
Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 16:56

I think the policemen in Iraq are brave... I admire how they continue trying, even though there are daily attacks against them.

Posted By: Capt. Lubber
Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 02:09
Originally posted by akıncı

Yeah the same old story....Brave outnumbered warriors defeated because of a traitor..... blahblahblah

Eventhough you might have heard the story before, doesn't make them any less brave. And what does the turks do, to make them so brave?

Oh, the bravest were of course the vikings

-------------
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse

Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 02:10

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 02:10

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 06:32

Originally posted by Capt. Lubber

Originally posted by Capt. Lubber

Originally posted by akıncı

Eventhough you might have heard the story before, doesn't make them any less brave. And what does the turks do, to make them so brave?

İ really don't know.But it sounds like the Greeks changed the facts and made it more epic than it was.İ mean if you look at the war stories of old times some brave strong thing is betrayed or cheated and that's why they loose.İ mean look at Troy...

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 16:17
Well, as they say, history was written by the winners, and that it is all but a lie we all agree on. Troy is probably very overrated, as it happened a very long time ago. When you hear of the glorious victory of the athenians, the gruesome defeat of Sparta is rarely mentioned as more than an after thought.

-------------

Posted By: Hardel
Date Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 07:10
Of course Mongolians.Because too few soldiers(about 123.000)conquered mostly parts of eurasia and dominated during 150 years.

Posted By: blitz
Date Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 11:28

Chinese are the bravest people, because they eat all living beings like worm, cockroach, scorpion, fly, butterfly, locust, frog, rat, cat, dog and donkey without fear!    

I think that is why the chinese have very ugly teeth.   

-------------
Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!

Posted By: Sarmata
Date Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 13:04
I agree these are gonna be biased opinions..including mine..
the Polish too many times have they been outnumbered and still ended up with victory, even look at WWII it almost seemed like it was the world against Poland, even it's allies stabbed them in the back. But look at the uprising of '44 and Monte Cassino. also battles like Somosierra or Kircholm, Kluszyn.

Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 08:35

I have deep admiration for lithuanian bravery in the past but i cant say that we are bravest ppl at moment .Our army probably wouldn't shoot a bullet for it's motherland in face of danger...everybody would rise their arms and go home under beautiful white flag:0.....

i love my country but this is reality...even the forever mighty germans and jepanese...had had enough of wars they look very calmly by now

Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 11:53
Heres my choice, feel free to add or rearrange

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

Posted By: Gazi
Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 12:00
That is a fine list but why are Arabs on?

-------------
“Freedom is the recognition of necessity.”-Friedrich Engels

Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 12:51
Well at one time the Arabs were brave enough to conquer most of the Middle East, North Africa and half of Asia upto India/Central Asia.

They also toppoled the Persian Empire, and conquered all of the Byzantian provinces in the Middle East. In North Africa and Spain Arabs reached as far as Southern France, and on the otherside of the world as far as India and Central Asia.

in other words they conquered from Spain to India, in my book that gets a bravery tick

Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:48

Originally posted by wiseking

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

British? Are you joking, or being sarcastic? No offense, but I think in a poll of "the most coward and sneaky people ever", they would be on top of list.

They even didnt fight in their armies. Their colonial slaves or dependent civilians fought for them. Some of their commanders were gambling in their super lux warships when Anzac soldiers were fighting for nonsense British. You should have a look at history, and watch the movies "Braveheart", "Gallipoli" and another movie (I couldnt remember its name now) about their "brave" battle with "Zulus".

Americans? Bombing civilians shows how brave they are. Their bravery is only enough to throw bombs from air. Bravery shows itself in a battle of teeth to teeth, like the war of Vietnam.

Arabs can be brave when they are provoked by a sneaky British...

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:57

I call bravery to fight for your beliefs, honor and independence like a man. I call braveary to run against enemy when you know you'll die. Bravery is to sacrifice yourself in the name of your nation and beliefs. But to fight with your honor.

So I can list some of the bravest nations in history:

Turks

Japanese

Mongols

Tatars

Scottish and Irish

Zulus

American Indians

-------------

Posted By: Spartakus
Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:58
Every country has it's examples of bravery,other big, other small.The truth is that bravery is not only related to battles but also to our everyday life.Some things need the same bravery as the one in battle. 

-------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 22:27
I agree
The American Indians
The Turkic tribes
The Kelts
The Germanic Tribes
The Mongols and Huns
the Greeks, espcially with the Italians and Germans
the Romans
the iberians
and Pee wee herman -

Posted By: ramin
Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 03:44

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

well this is not a bravest-people list obviously, it is a once-successful-people list.
U put Israelis, Arabs and British among Germans, Japanese, Mongols, etc?

-------------
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"

Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 05:00
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

British? Are you joking, or being sarcastic? No offense, but I think in a poll of "the most coward and sneaky people ever", they would be on top of list.

They even didnt fight in their armies. Their colonial slaves or dependent civilians fought for them. Some of their commanders were gambling in their super lux warships when Anzac soldiers were fighting for nonsense British. You should have a look at history, and watch the movies "Braveheart", "Gallipoli" and another movie (I couldnt remember its name now) about their "brave" battle with "Zulus".

Americans? Bombing civilians shows how brave they are. Their bravery is only enough to throw bombs from air. Bravery shows itself in a battle of teeth to teeth, like the war of Vietnam.

Arabs can be brave when they are provoked by a sneaky British...

Yes I agree the British are not one of the bravest(In fact they are one of the most cowardly)

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 05:17
Wel said

-------------

Posted By: Degredado
Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 11:04
The Portuguese. Because they have to live in Portugal.

-------------
Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas

Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 11:06

Originally posted by Gazi

Yes I agree the British are not one of the bravest(In fact they are one of the most cowardly)

And where is this evidence of English cowardice, pray tell? 

-------------

Posted By: Mosquito
Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 17:04
Originally posted by Degredado

Originally posted by Gazi

And where is this evidence of English cowardice, pray tell? 

For example at the battle of Albuera in Spain during napoleonic wars single regiment of polish lancers made thousands of brits run away. British officers reported that brigade of polish cavalry was attacking them while it were only about 500 lancers (1 regiment). Poles in this battle took 5 colors of british regiments.

Battle of Fungirola also in Spain, 1810, 300 polish infantry attacked 1200 british, 1000 foreign and another 1000 spanish soldiers who after night battle run away, captured british commander general Lord Blayney (his saber is still held in Poland) and all the british canons. Brits had also warship Rodney and 2 or 3 frigates which all together had over 100 canons. Polish captains Bronisz and Mlokosiewicz defeated british general and his army being outnumbered 10:1.

I only dont know why in the most of statistics the battle is counted as French victory while there were only Poles, 11 french husars and 2 polish officers playing the role of commanders.

Posted By: Antiochus
Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 17:16
Spartans are in the top of my list, followed by Vikings and Japanese Samurai.

Date Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 02:01

I'd say

1. Spartans
  2. Celts
  3. Vikings
  4. Poles
  5. Turkic Tribes
  6. American Indians
  7. Huns
  8. Germanic Tribes
  9. Japanese
  10. The French

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 12:32
Originally posted by Mosquito

For example at the battle of Albuera in Spain during napoleonic wars single regiment of polish lancers made thousands of brits run away. British officers reported that brigade of polish cavalry was attacking them while it were only about 500 lancers (1 regiment). Poles in this battle took 5 colors of british regiments.

Battle of Fungirola also in Spain, 1810, 300 polish infantry attacked 1200 british, 1000 foreign and another 1000 spanish soldiers who after night battle run away, captured british commander general Lord Blayney (his saber is still held in Poland) and all the british canons. Brits had also warship Rodney and 2 or 3 frigates which all together had over 100 canons. Polish captains Bronisz and Mlokosiewicz defeated british general and his army being outnumbered 10:1.

I only dont know why in the most of statistics the battle is counted as French victory while there were only Poles, 11 french husars and 2 polish officers playing the role of commanders.

C'mon! You can do better than that! If one or two battles alone were sufficient to prove a nation's cowardice, than the invasion of Poland by Germany in 1939 would leave the world with a poor impression of the Poles.

I asked for evidence of British cowardice! Not accounts of defeats, which every nation experiences (and it's very curious you should mention the Peninsular War, the one the Brits won after monstruous sieges and battles). Nothing in world history leads me to believe that the English, Welsh, Scottish (or indeed Irish) were ever cowards!

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 13:30

C'mon! You can do better than that! If one or two battles alone were sufficient to prove a nation's cowardice, than the invasion of Poland by Germany in 1939 would leave the world with a poor impression of the Poles.

I asked for evidence of British cowardice! Not accounts of defeats, which every nation experiences (and it's very curious you should mention the Peninsular War, the one the Brits won after monstruous sieges and battles). Nothing in world history leads me to believe that the English, Welsh, Scottish (or indeed Irish) were ever cowards!

So when someone outnumber his enemy 10:1 and flee from the battlefield leaving all the artillery and general in hands of enemy - he is not coward but he is damn brave?

As for 1939 polish campaign we Poles dont have to feel ashamed for it. We fought enemy who outnumbered us 2:1 in men and even more in the equipment and who attacked us from west, north and sought. And after 2 weeks we were attacked also from the east by even bigger army. We did everything what was possible in such harsh conditions.

I think here someone made the job and posted nice text about british bravery:

http://web2.airmail.net/napoleon/BRITISH_DEFEATS.html - http://web2.airmail.net/napoleon/BRITISH_DEFEATS.html

Posted By: Quetzalcoatl
Date Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 06:36

And how is that, they avoided conventional combat most of the time and usually attacked  smooth targets like monasteries.  They were thoroughtly defeated by Robert Le Justicier in conventional combat at Chartre.

Bravery is a stupid term more fitting for an individual rather for an entire people, the more warlike you are the less likely you'll be brave, cunning is  appropriate term for warlike people. Unless you are some barbarians who just fight for the sake of fighting like the celts, without thinking much of objectives, glory etc. This I have a lot respect for that, fighting just for the sake of fighting is honourable.

-------------

Posted By: Ahmed The Fighter
Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 07:36
  1. turk
  2. arab
  3. british
  4. german
  5. russian
  6. japaneese
  7. mongol
  8. huns

-------------
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid

Posted By: Ahmed The Fighter
Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 07:42
i forget iraqi people in the historical election againest the terrorists when the brave iraqis were defy terror and kicked it off

-------------
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid

Posted By: Ionian
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 07:46
 martians

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 09:30
Indians

-------------

Posted By: Jorsalfar
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 11:36
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

And how is that, they avoided conventional combat most of the time and usually attacked  smooth targets like monasteries.  They were thoroughtly defeated by Robert Le Justicier in conventional combat at Chartre.

Bravery is a stupid term more fitting for an individual rather for an entire people, the more warlike you are the less likely you'll be brave, cunning is  appropriate term for warlike people. Unless you are some barbarians who just fight for the sake of fighting like the celts, without thinking much of objectives, glory etc. This I have a lot respect for that, fighting just for the sake of fighting is honourable.

They sailed in stormy seas with their small boats all the way to America

That recuires bravery.

Posted By: MegaloIdea
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 13:56
yeah,exept dey did it out of intentin

-------------
Drive them back to asia!

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 15:59

Turks the bravest!!??? Is this a joke?Can you give me at least ONE example of your Turkish "bravery"?My opinion on the bravest people ever:

1. Hellines
  2. Celts
  3. Vikings
  4. Romans
  5. French
  6. Poles
  7. Scots
  8. Arabs

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:06
hahaha

-------------

Posted By: Sarmata
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:29
Originally posted by The Hoplite

Turks the bravest!!??? Is this a joke?Can you give me at least ONE example of your Turkish "bravery"?My opinion on the bravest people ever/P]

1. Hellines

2. Celts

3. Vikings

4. Romans

5. French

6. Poles

7. Scots

8. Arabs

Poles after the French?! ouch...
personally I respect the ancietnr aces such as Romans and Spartans but I'd say after that number one goes tot he Slavic peoples.

Posted By: Kazec
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 23:01
samurais...brave of seppuku?

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 23:19

Well you cannot really attribute bravery as a collectively stable trait inherent in a people over dozens of generations. But lets make the best attempt we can. I reckon that for the early period the Spartans come out as the bravest. Records of their deeds at Thermopylae must be accepted as accurate when we consider how unbiased so much of the work of men like Herodotus (who freely admits the bravery of the Persians) is, as well as still recent archaeological excavations which actually uncovered a mass of arrowheads atop a small hill in the area (the Spartan's last stand around the fallen Leonidas). So knowing the battle occured and knowing the relative size of the two armies, it meant that the force of Spartans which constituted only one type of soldiery (heavy infantry) managed to hold off a combined-arms army which outnumbered it (almost incredibly) literally hundreds of times over. They fought to the last man. If you can provide me with a better example than this then do so but nothing else I have learnt about compares so well.

I think the Celts deserve a good mention, when one considers a nation as small as Scotland as never being conquered by its much larger southern neighbour (except for one generation by Edward I), then you have to give them credit. The English couldn't take Ireland the first time and only managed to do so once they were united with the Scots. And remember that from 1603 onwards Celts and Englishmen fought side by side. Though you could refer to certain regiments as Celtic (e.g. the Highlander corps), the British armies from this period must simply be defined as British. The Celtic and Anglo elements in Britain managed to hybridise surprisingly well to form a single national people. I don't think anyone can offer two defeats for an army which was not even entirely British and then call a nation of people who managed to bring a massive portion of the globe under their dominion and have proved their armies to be some of the most exceptional in the world over the past several centuries to be cowards. Look at the Zulu uprising in South Africa, a British garrison post of 200 men stood their ground against 10,000 Zulu warriors who then retreated purely through the bravery of the British soldiers. And any historian will confirm when I say the British armies in India battled enemies who also had their own advanced cavalry regiments, artillery crews and infantry corps well equipped with gunpower weaponary and rifles. Outnumbered almost always and faced with armies at no real technological disadvantage, historians attribute the incredible British success to the good discipline, firm organisation and steadfast resolution of the British armies on the one hand and relatively tolerant and capable administration on the other. Look at how small the island of Britain is, actually get out an atlas and take a look. From such a small land no race of cowards could possibly come to dominate so much of the world and leave such a massive legacy that affects each and every one of us today.

I think the Russians deserve the greatest credit for bravery in the first half of the 20th century. In WWI historians estimated that had the soldiers of any other European nation been fighting the experience of the Russian soldiers then the Eastern Front would have collapsed in mid-1915. The Russians in that war endured some of the most atrocious conditions possible, launching offensives on the East Front whenever the Western Front was being assaulted by the Germans and so critically sabotaging their plans. This fact is something the Russians do not get enough credit for. In WWII I could talk on and on about how brave the Russians were. Let me just skip past it to a simple generalization: the Russians were the foremost power responsible for winning WWII, the courage of their soldiery is some of the most exceptional in all history, and had it not been for their courage and tenacious valour I doubt the Allies would have come out on top.

-------------

Posted By: member987
Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 23:36
This is a very interesting topic. In my opinion, some of the bravest people ever were those who were willing to die without fighting back. These people quite often included religious groups like the Cathars when during the Albegensian Crusade, some were reported to have lept into the burning fires set for them by the Christian Militants, who sought to murder them as heretics.

Posted By: Exarchus
Date Posted: 16-May-2005 at 11:56
Everyone knows the bravest people lived on the Zanzibar island.

-------------
Vae victis!

Posted By: Cassivellaunus
Date Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:11
The Atlanteans! May they Rest In Peace...

-------------
"Why do you cower in your trenches, men? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
- Last words of General John Sedgewick

Posted By: TheodoreFelix
Date Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:45
Scanderbeg's soldiers at Kruja. No more then a few K beat off an army numbering nearly 100,000.

Actually I would have to say Spartans. Bred from birth to do battle. I mean cmon!

-------------

Posted By: giani_82
Date Posted: 16-May-2005 at 17:54
Gauls and Japanese. Gauls for fighting with little to none armor (at least the young and cocky ones) and Japanese for never considering death as something to be afraid of.

-------------
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall."
Confucius

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 00:09

Originally posted by giani_82

and Japanese for never considering death as something to be afraid of.

-but then again you could say that for any suicide bomber.... 

-------------

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 19:46

Originally posted by giani_82

Japanese for never considering death as something to be afraid of.

When somone is not afraid, he is not brave. There is no fear that he has to defeat.

Date Posted: 20-May-2005 at 15:12

I think that the bravest people in the world would either be the indians or the Russians.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-May-2005 at 15:16
But in a way a man with out fear is a man without faith (daredevil) Lol Roll out Ganster

-------------

Date Posted: 24-May-2005 at 15:29
Finns- they held off the russians with sound tactics and also superior soldiers and training. I realize many instances occur throughout history where armies fight though outnumbred, but no one ever hears about the finns.

Posted By: Jorsalfar
Date Posted: 24-May-2005 at 15:35

Yes the Finns are very brave.The Winter War is probably the most known in Finnish history but i have heard of a battle between Russians and Finns before the Winter War where 700 Finns defeated a Russian force off 6000 soldiers.Maybe wilpuri can tell us something about that battle.

Date Posted: 25-May-2005 at 00:23

Date Posted: 25-May-2005 at 14:29

I'd say:

Sperms

History couldn't break their bravery and they've always challenged against greater structures.

Also, they die fighting...

-------------

Posted By: Cassivellaunus
Date Posted: 25-May-2005 at 22:52

Yes, they fight for such a worthy cause too! The Catholic church has the right idea...

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/mol/every-sp.mp3 - http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/mol/every-sp.mp3

-------------
"Why do you cower in your trenches, men? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
- Last words of General John Sedgewick

Date Posted: 26-May-2005 at 05:02
How happy is the Spermanation, now. They're ally with the Vatican against Condomic Tribes.

-------------

Posted By: mark1100
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 07:31
reasons why germans are bravest:

- germanic tribes raped roman
- in crusades under kaiser barbarossa 400 heavy german knights beat 13000 turkish cavalary
- we conquered paris 2 times within 100 years
- and germany was host of ww1 and ww2 (wasnt intelligent but brave)
- uncounted wars against all neighbours
- never get occupied, exept ww2

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 07:48

Originally posted by mark1100

- germanic tribes raped roman
- in crusades under kaiser barbarossa 400 heavy german knights beat 13000 turkish cavalary
- we conquered paris 2 times within 100 years
- and germany was host of ww1 and ww2 (wasnt intelligent but brave)
- uncounted wars against all neighbours
- never get occupied, exept ww2

Well not quite true, Napoleon established his hegemony over it and to all practical purposes occupied it where there was resistance to him, while the Romans took a great part of it for a time. It still has an impressive military record though.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 07:53
napoleon crossed germany yea but when he came back from russia  he was welcomed by prussian troops and russian and serval else near leipzig 

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 07:55
Originally posted by Constantine XI

reasons why germans are bravest: - germanic tribes raped roman- in crusades under kaiser barbarossa 400 heavy german knights beat 13000 turkish cavalary- we conquered paris 2 times within 100 years - and germany was host of ww1 and ww2 (wasnt intelligent but brave)- uncounted wars against all neighbours- never get occupied, exept ww2

Well not quite true, Napoleon established his hegemony over it and to all practical purposes occupied it where there was resistance to him, while the Romans took a great part of it for a time.

In addition to that may I point out that during the Thirty Years War Germany was occupied by virtually every European Nation, France, Sweden,... you name them.
Furthermore, as been mentioned in this thread before, there is a close connection between bravery and stupidity.
Even if the Germans were the bravest nation, I don't think that's something to be proud of.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 08:11
30 years war was relegious war and no war between nations
it was mostly east german provinces and their allies(representing lutheranic reformed church) against west german provinces and their allies (representing catholic church)

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 09:01

30 years war was relegious war and no war between nations
it was mostly east german provinces and their allies(representing
lutheranic reformed church) against west german provinces and their
allies (representing catholic church)

There is no such a thing as a religious war, religion has always been and will be the pretext for political and/or territorial ambitions, and the Thirty Years War was no exception.
As for alliances, they changed on a weekly basis, and, for example, the arch-catholic France had no problems fighting side to side with the protestant Danes against the Catholic HRE, and so on.
As for the geographical extension of the T.Y.War, the Palantine (Pfalz) very much in the West of Germany, was one of the most fought over areas of Germany and so on.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 11:25
Anyway, sperms are the bravest, still.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 11:27
sperms yea millions and millions of them die in battle
only that one of them can reach the goal thats really heroic

Posted By: Behi
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 11:40

my Choice are:

1. Persian: for example they had to fight with 27500 men with swords againest 200,000 men of Attomon's king (Soltan Salim) who equiped with guns & cannons at Safavid time( Shah Esmaeil I ), Iranian were who captured 1700 men but we didn't even get 1 prisoner. They were who fight to last drop of Blood

2.Spartian
3.German
4.Japanese
5.French: Jean of Arc

-------------

Posted By: Murtaza
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 11:50

-

when there are 4312412 German how can turks catched 400 heavy knight alone

Spartians. When I am child I was thinking they are Turks, Because of a city named Isparta

Posted By: esadbodur
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 18:05

brits kick zulu is not a good example if u have rifle and cannon where opponent have spear and bows u can absolutely win zulu were brave to attack

persian has gon in to far inside iran to escape selim I is it braveness to leave capital (tebriz) to enemy

in mute war (muslim vs. byzantine) byzantine commander asked one of their commanders why they coudnt win while they were 10 to 1. general said 'becouse they love death as we love to live' all men believe to go heven after killed by enemy would be and is and will be brave

Posted By: Laelius
Date Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 20:48

They even didnt fight in their armies. Their colonial slaves or dependent civilians fought for them. Some of their commanders were gambling in their super lux warships when Anzac soldiers were fighting for nonsense British. You should have a look at history, and watch the movies "Braveheart", "Gallipoli" and another movie (I couldnt remember its name now) about their "brave" battle with "Zulus".[/quote]

You listed movies, I hope you were trying to be funny.

What are ranged attacks the sole property of the Turks???  I find your assertions amusing coming from a nationality whose main staple in warfare was hit and run...

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 01:41

when there are 4312412 German how can turks catched 400 heavy knight alone

Spartians. When I am child I was thinking they are Turks, Because of a city named Isparta

Confused4,312,412Confused so Correct, But did German have 4,312,412 population on their territory(lol)

Think about your number

LOL, Turks think all over of the world were  TurkBig smileBig smile

persian has gon in to far inside iran to escape selim I is it braveness to leave capital (tebriz) to enemy

What did you do??? when most of your men had been killed againest 200000 turk

-------------

Posted By: TheOrcRemix
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 02:22

lol, like hit and run tatics in vietnam is brave? Americans fight with their minds, rather than brute force.

-------------
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 03:15

you call air/sattelite support, braveness?

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 03:39

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Confused4,312,412Confused so Correct, But did German have 4,312,412 population on their territory(lol)

Think about your number

LOL, Turks think all over of the world were  TurkBig smileBig smile

LOL of course there were not 4,312,412 crusader. I just randomly typed. I dont know their number. But our historian say, Germans comed so horde, Turks cant find enough number against them. And Turks used hit and run tactics. But If 400 man overcome 13000 Turk I am not sure that is a good tactic

I think this time It is not us who exaggerate number(This time). Mark1100 do you know name of war?

What did you do??? when most of your men had been killed againest 200000 turk

I think this tactic is not bad.  If you cannot win war than dont accept war. We lost war too. To lost a war is not covardice. By the way I think most army of safavid are Turk. Am I wrong Aryan?

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 06:11

You listed movies, I hope you were trying to be funny.

Sorry, but porn movies are way braver than British battle movies...

No, I am not trying to be funny. The funny thing is that using the words braveary and English nation in the same sentence.

What are ranged attacks the sole property of the Turks???  I find your assertions amusing coming from a nationality whose main staple in warfare was hit and run...

Hit and run? I think you confuse us with Mongols. Even before the Battle of Mohacs, when Ottoman army have beaten the Hungarian army in two hours, the war message was sent one week ago for them to surrender or die. Is this hit and run tactic? Com'on...

like hit and run tatics in vietnam is brave

I didnt say that. But attacking with your tanks to people wo respond you with slings isnt such brave thing to me, but I can be wrong...

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 11:31
Originally posted by Murtaza

I think this tactic is not bad.  If you cannot win war than dont accept war. We lost war too. To lost a war is not covardice. By the way I think most army of safavid are Turk. Am I wrong Aryan?

Shah Ismaeil were at Kurdestan on that time, most of men were from Kurdistan, Hamedan, & some from Talesh at Gilan & Azarbaigan & Torkaman

I've read shah Ismaeil left chaldoran with 500 men, the rest had been killed.

Yes, It was bloodcurding lost for both side , Shah Ismaeil couldn't win & Soltan salim couldn't keep Tabriz,

-------------

Posted By: TheOrcRemix
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 12:01
Originally posted by YAFES

i didn't say that.

-------------
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean

Posted By: Laelius
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 13:51

I didnt say that. But attacking with your tanks to people wo respond you with slings isnt such brave thing to me, but I can be wrong...

yes and the Turks certainly never used their superior technology against the Kurds in eastern Turkey... 

Hit and run? I think you confuse us with Mongols. Even before the Battle of Mohacs, when Ottoman army have beaten the Hungarian army in two hours, the war message was sent one week ago for them to surrender or die. Is this hit and run tactic? Com'on...

So you're disputing that the Turks made heavy use of ranged tactics?

So you're saying that Air and Sattelite support made a difference in Arnold's wilderness march, the Alamo, Bellau Wood, Bastogne?  Following the battle of Antietam European and Turkic observers were astonished at the ferocity of the battle and many wondered how men could stand in the face of such fire.  At Midway japanese flag officers compared American pilots to samurai

As for your complaints of the British, I say you Turks are suffering from a bad case of Empire envy...

P.S  Am I the only one who feels these forums are often an arena for a contest of absurdity between Greek and Turkic forummers.  Maybe I'll stumble into another thread and read a forummer of a certain nationality claim Greek is in fact the root language of an ancient Hawaiin dialect.

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 14:20
Laelius, not so much Turk and Greek but Turk and german or french...

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 16:15

Shah Ismaeil were at Kurdestan on that time, most of men were from Kurdistan, Hamedan, & some from Talesh at Gilan & Azarbaigan & Torkaman

I've read shah Ismaeil left chaldoran with 500 men, the rest had been killed.

Yes, It was bloodcurding lost for both side , Shah Ismaeil couldn't win & Soltan salim couldn't keep Tabriz,

All of our war with Safavids are futile I think. No side gain any benefit for this wars.

Posted By: Illuminati
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 18:50
There are no such things as degrees of bravery. Bravery is nothing mroe than looking death in the eye and running at it full force,  whether that be charging a machine gun nest or flying a torpedo bomber strait towards a carrier. in the end, its all the same. Its bravery.

anyone who claims their nation has the bravest troops is being blinded by their nationalism
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

[QUOTE]Sorry, but porn movies are way braver than British battle movies...

No, I am not trying to be funny. The funny thing is that using the words braveary and English nation in the same sentence.

and as far as the Brits being cowards. Were men of the Light Brigade cowards? It was not a smart move, but it was immensely brave. And bravery isn't everything. Don't be so quick to insult the Brits because their military is still a force ot be reckoned with

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 03:19

I dont understand why Brits were thinking as coward?  coward cannot build that  empires. Maybe they are not most brave(If there is a such thing) people of world, But dont think they are cowards too.

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 09:03

what made the brits an empire was that they were never broke to money

note:

hey, this is my 400th post

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 10:17
You are right, cowards don't build the biggest Empire in the history of civilization. Take out an atlas and look at the island of Britain, not very big hey? Then look at the British Empire, the biggest the world has ever known. With a range of virtues, not least of which was stout courage, from such small things has such a great destiny been fulfilled.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 10:47

I dont understand why Brits were thinking as coward?  coward cannot build that  empires. Maybe they are not most brave(If there is a such thing) people of world, But dont think they are cowards too.

Empires arent build with braveness but with power, wealth and of course, smart brains...

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 10:54
I would not say ever but amongst the bravest were the defenders of Constantinople in 1453!!!

The great leader in this epic battle;

Constantine XI Paleologos

This should be the first AE movie project- Let's make a screen play-

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 10:56

and with Armies. I dont think english always used other people for their war. I have no idea about english history, But I am sure they have some good fights too.

Infact bravery nation is just a joke. sometimes People can brave and sometimes they dont. I am sure All nation have heroes and cowards.

If I need army I dont call English, If I need a politician, Yes I will call Brits.

Because they are  better politicians,  this does not mean they are cowards. And no I dont like brits much. Even I have some dislike brits because of their devil politics.But I dont think they are coward.

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com