Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serb Republic/Republic of Srpska/Republika Srpska

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Should the Serb Republic (RS) be an independent country, or not?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [19.05%]
9 [42.86%]
8 [38.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Bosniakum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bosniakum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serb Republic/Republic of Srpska/Republika Srpska
    Posted: 13-May-2006 at 23:13
Bosnia is for all Bosnians, meaning anybody who is from Bosnia and sees themselves as Bosnian no matter if muslim, catholic, orthodox, buddhist etc., but the problem with you people(not all) is that you do not accept Bosnia as your country.  So because you do not see yourself as Bosnian you loose the right to decide what happens to Bosnia and its territories.
"I krv svoju za Bosnu moju"
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 23:24
Originally posted by Bosniakum

Bosnia is for all Bosnians, meaning anybody who is from Bosnia and sees themselves as Bosnian no matter if muslim, catholic, orthodox, buddhist etc., but the problem with you people(not all) is that you do not accept Bosnia as your country.  So because you do not see yourself as Bosnian you loose the right to decide what happens to Bosnia and its territories.

[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 04:53
Originally posted by Milos Obilic

You guys hate us Serbs because we have always resisted the idea of foreign troops policing any peace in our country. As a heroic nation we are constantly surrounded by enemies. we have no real ally.

I am surely not the first one to have noticed that some of the most patriotic and nationalist people do actually not reside in the country that they have chosen to defend so fervently.
It is thus no surprise that their judgements are somehow out of touch with the population that actually lives in their "home" country, and that their patriotic enthusiasm is the result of a distorted, nostalgic and thus outdated view.
I have heard the above arguments for the first time approximately in the early 90s, when coming up with "conspiracy theories" was the most popular past-time in Belgrade, but since most people in Serbia-Montenegro have moved on, having discarded their persecution complex, and want nothing more than to join the community of European states, which are their natural allies in the effort to rebuild their country and to reach the living standard of other comparable nations.
It might be the case that this is not of foremost interest to some Serbs who live abroad in relative stable and affluent societies, and who can from the safety and luxury of their air-conditioned homes abroad dream on the dream of a "Greater Serbia" and perpetuate the myth of a persecuted nation.
That they thus do no great favour to their "home" country, on the contrary, seems completely irrelevant to those heroic patriots.
My advice is, get real.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:02

Originally posted by Komnenos

You guys hate us Serbs because we have always resisted the idea of foreign troops policing any peace in our country. As a heroic nation we are constantly surrounded by enemies. we have no real ally.

My advice is, get real.

Mine is dont, u wont like it.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:37

As for allies, serbia had a pretty big one.

"Western diplomats have tried to remain sensitive to Russia's traditional alliance with the Serbs, but with the massive air strikes, Russia's sensitivities have been pushed aside. In response, Russia has issued a series of warnings against the West."

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/Bosnia/updates/sep95/9-13/super powers/

Milos Obilic View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Milos Obilic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 09:59
Originally posted by Komnenos

I am surely not the first one to have noticed that some of the most patriotic and nationalist people do actually not reside in the country that they have chosen to defend so fervently.
It is thus no surprise that their judgements are somehow out of touch with the population that actually lives in their "home" country, and that their patriotic enthusiasm is the result of a distorted, nostalgic and thus outdated view.
I have heard the above arguments for the first time approximately in the early 90s, when coming up with "conspiracy theories" was the most popular past-time in Belgrade, but since most people in Serbia-Montenegro have moved on, having discarded their persecution complex, and want nothing more than to join the community of European states, which are their natural allies in the effort to rebuild their country and to reach the living standard of other comparable nations.
It might be the case that this is not of foremost interest to some Serbs who live abroad in relative stable and affluent societies, and who can from the safety and luxury of their air-conditioned homes abroad dream on the dream of a "Greater Serbia" and perpetuate the myth of a persecuted nation.
That they thus do no great favour to their "home" country, on the contrary, seems completely irrelevant to those heroic patriots.
My advice is, get real.

komnenos you sound like me 10 years ago. First of all, the dream of "Greater Serbia" is invented by the NATO and American politicians, not by Slobodan Milosevic who sold out the Republic of Serbian Krajina, which we didnt lose in war, as well as , much of the western bosnia.

"join the community of European states, which are their natural allies in the effort to rebuild their country and to reach the living standard of other comparable nations. "

this is the most ignorant post I have ever read. I can only answer this by a question.
Do you really think that the U.S. and the NATO pact are going to pay for all the damage they have made to the Iraq infrastructure and the damage taken on its citizens? Spreading their "democracy" through killing is no democracy!!

^ EU and NATO are the neo-fascist organizations. - just think, when all the NATO member countries decide to bomb one country (Serbia) what kind of "peacekeepers" are they?? Propagate democracy through antiserbian propaganda!

dont be naive and banal
небески народ
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 10:14
Originally posted by malizai_

"Western diplomats have tried to remain sensitive to Russia's traditional alliance with the Serbs, but with the massive air strikes, Russia's sensitivities have been pushed aside. In response, Russia has issued a series of warnings against the West."

You are forgetting Greece and its media too - the biggest chearleaders for Milosevic, Mladic, Karadjic. 

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 11:57

this is the most ignorant post I have ever read. I can only answer this by a question.

Are you sure?
There is some pretty strong competition around here.
Have I, by any chance, touched a sore point?

Do you really think that the U.S. and the NATO pact are going to pay for all the damage they have made to the Iraq infrastructure and the damage taken on its citizens? Spreading their "democracy" through killing is no democracy!!

I fail to see what the situation in the Iraq has to do with this.
I didn't support the bombing of Serbia then, and certainly didn't support the US war against the Iraq.
However it happened then, and now almost a decade later nobody really cares about this anymore, apart from a few wannabe patriots abroad, and a few elderly ex-Milosevic and Seselj supporters back home.
The rest of the Serbian population wants to join their neighbours in the EU lead attempt to re-construct the economies in the Balkans, and to profit up-coming from Western investments.
And if that means to hand over wanted war-criminals like Mladic and Karadzic to the ICTY, where they might get what they deserve, and to terminate that farcical puppet state, the so-called "Republika Srpska" and return it where it belongs, to BiH, do you honestly believe, anybody will in the long term object to that?
Not a sausage.

^ EU and NATO are the neo-fascist organizations. - just think, when all
the NATO member countries decide to bomb one country (Serbia) what kind
of "peacekeepers" are they?? Propagate democracy through antiserbian
propaganda!

dont be naive and banal

You obviously have no clear idea what "Neo-Fascism" means. Look it up.
Well, as said, I was against the bombing, but as it helped to finally get rid of the genocidal criminals then in charge in Belgrade, it, unfortunate for the population as it was, achieved something we can't regret.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 12:36
Originally posted by bg_turk

Originally posted by malizai_

You are forgetting Greece and its media too - the biggest chearleaders for Milosevic, Mladic, Karadjic. 

u r  right, u turk

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 13:06

No vote, because:

• what if the magyars in Romania will want something like that. (don't just listen to  them (the crazy ones), check the map)
  • what's the purpose - more ethnic clensing?
  • EU - does that means nothing?
  • a human being is a human being wether it is a serbosnikcroatgreekturkpakistanicongoleze.... what's the difference?

There was no reason (my opinion) to break down Yougoslavia.

Milos Obilic View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Milos Obilic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 14:25
"There was no reason (my opinion) to break down Yougoslavia."

Yugoslavia; The Avoidable War, - English version, American production
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5860186121153047571& amp; amp;q=yugoslavia+avoidable+war

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6371060303901674397& amp;q=yugoslavia+avoidable+war

guys, especially you Komnenos, take a look at this video!

Edited by Milos Obilic
небески народ
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 15:21

Allowing independence for Republika Srpska would be equivalent to the de jure acceptans of the results of the Srebrenica Genocide and it would be a recognition of ethnic cleansing as a legitimate means of nation building.

So, why international community accepts the independence of Turkey  ?

(see Armenian,Pontic Genocides,massacres in Smyrna and the Kurds..etc)

I think the only way is to look at the future with a democratic point of view..
attrocities were comitted by both sides-i wont try to investigate who did the most.
The children of these regions cannot be blamed for these-the future belongs to them.
These people must be free to decide about themselves!

Edited by Digenis
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 16:21

"There was no reason (my opinion) to break down Yougoslavia."

Yugoslavia; The Avoidable War, - English version, American production
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5860186121153047571& amp; amp; amp;q=yugoslavia+avoidable+war
guys, especially you Komnenos, take a look at this video!

its interesting. By who was the the video made?

And what was the German interest in the division of Yugoslavia?

Edited by mamikon
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 17:57

Originally posted by mamikon

And what was the German interest in the division of Yugoslavia?

That's what I have been wondering too.

Anway personally I find this movie quite biased. First I thought it was ok, it was basically talking about the autrocities comitted against the Serbians, but then it started to get this air of trying to excuse Serb crimes and paint Albanians, Bosniaks, Croats in a really bad light by making these connections to the Nazis, Iranians, and at some point it even accused Bosniaks of "having too high a birth rate", which I find quite extreme.

There of course should be more balance and the Serbian stories should be heard more, but this movie is extremely biased.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 18:57
Well  if this is biased then so is everything else on the Yugoslav wars. This video is the first documentary that I have seen exploring the Serb point of view.

I have no doubt that Serb leaders who were called to the Hague tribunal carried out massacres of Bosniak muslims and their punishment was justified. However it is surprising that Bosnian, Slovenian and especially Croatian generals/commanders/politicians were not called to trial. This is where I believe the outcome of the conflcit was very unfair to the Serbs, since those who have perpetrated crimes against them were not punished (to my knowledge).

One thing I found hard to believe was the open German support of Croatian rebel forces,  the Croatian usage of the faschistic emblem of WWII as their national coat of arms and the lack of international condemnation, especially on the part of Germany, on the pro-faschistic views of the many croatian representatives. I believe support for the returned - Ustashe (I spelled it wrong...) government is apalling, alongside with the lack of media coverage on Ustashe and its past.

With that being said, I believe the massacre that befall the muslims in Srebrennica can not be justified. And neither are the massacres that fell on the Serbs...

Edited by mamikon
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 23:35
Originally posted by Cezar

No vote, because:

• what if the magyars in Romania will want something like that. (don't just listen to  them (the crazy ones), check the map)

Magyar BIG M,and not magyars!!! lol
I WONT vote ,but what if,what if....?
RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote RomiosArktos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 03:09
Originally posted by mamikon

One thing I found hard to believe was the open German support of Croatian rebel forces,  the Croatian usage of the faschistic emblem of WWII as their national coat of arms and the lack of international condemnation, especially on the part of Germany, on the pro-faschistic views of the many croatian representatives. I believe support for the returned - Ustashe (I spelled it wrong...) government is apalling, alongside with the lack of media coverage on Ustashe and its past.

If there was really an open German support then this is really shameful for post-war democratic Germany,especially since the German governments try to be as sensitive as they can on issues having to do with the Nazist history of Germany.If really the Croatians had used emblems of WWII pro-Nazi Croatia then I think that Germany and the european community members countries should had severely critisized this.I think that the media generally in western Europe had been pro-Croatian rather than neutral.The same thing may have happened in the Greek pro-Serbian media  towards
the Serbian struggle(unfortunately,since the media MUST be objective and it was proved later that Serb side had also commited hideous atrocities)  and I see here on this forum many people criticizing the Greek media whenever they have the opportunity, but nobody until now had ever criticised the media in western European democraties for being pro-Croatian rather than neutral and objective....

Shame

Edited by RomiosArktos
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 05:33
the hypocracy, RomiosArktos in some of these positions show some people here lack any genuinity in what they say.
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2006 at 10:36
Originally posted by Death

Originally posted by Cezar

No vote, because:

Magyar BIG M,and not magyars!!! lol
I WONT vote ,but what if,what if....?

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 09:17
Originally posted by Digenis

Allowing independence for Republika Srpska would be equivalent to the de jure acceptans of the results of the Srebrenica Genocide and it would be a recognition of ethnic cleansing as a legitimate means of nation building.

So, why international community accepts the independence of Turkey  ?

(
Good question...The answer could change fundemantally your view of the Turkish history,as it would prove that what you have been taught so far are fallaciousWink

Back to the topic, The Serbian nation should realize the fact that the international community do NOT hate them...It is the hysteria imposed by their own politicians on themselves.

Nationalism,be it to an extreme degree or to the bottom, did not help and will not help the Serbian human beings.

Serbia can even in the foreseeable future  be a member of the EU,called as a Neo-Fascist organization by a serbian member here , and gain acces to further cooperation with surrounding countries.

To my epilogue, I wanna remind Immanuel Kant to you guys.

''What is good for one is good for all.''Smile
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>