Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hitler and Germans the laughing stock of History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitler and Germans the laughing stock of History
    Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 20:35
Originally posted by King John

This is just making excuses for people. At some point the people who committed these crimes during WWII have to take responsibility for their actions. I'm blaming the Germans for what happened I'm blaming anybody who was complicit with them. Your argument argument about knowing what it is like living under a dictatorship is ludicrous. If this argument is true it says more about the cowardice of the people living in Nazi Germany than the mindset of your average German. There were many people who stood up to fascism all across Europe, not all were killed actually many lived. Where I grew up we have lots of Germans as well and they told us what was going on and it doesn't have the same apologist ring that your description does.

If you blame ONLY Germans of what happened in WW II you are excusing Europeans in general for theirs common guilt.

WW II and the Holocaust where the consecuencies of one thousand years of bigotry in Europe. Don't put all the guilt on Germans, please. All Europeans have a good share on those tragical events.

That's my oppinion, anyways.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 20:39

Originally posted by pinguin

WW II and the Holocaust where the consecuencies of one thousand years of bigotry in Europe. Don't put all the guilt on Germans, please. All Europeans have a good share on those tragical events.

And those nations and persons who tried to save the Jews was the result of what? Many neutral nations did everything they could to bring Jews into safety in their countries. How does that fit into your theory of European bigotry?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 20:53
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

And those nations and persons who tried to save the Jews was the result of what? Many neutral nations did everything they could to bring Jews into safety in their countries. How does that fit into your theory of European bigotry?

First, I explain you already the ideas that lead to WW II and the massive crimes commited in there were in place in Europe for a long time. Killings of Jewish populations, or pogroms, were esporadical but always present in the history of Europe. The example was in place.

The use of slave labour was also an example of the colonial powers these times, who exploited to dead millions of Africans in the Caribbean. Ask nations like Dutchland, France, Britain, Portugal and Spain about its history in slavery, and you will find the model followed by the Nazis.

For Genocide, the extermination of Native Americans, Tasmanians and many other peoples by European settlers in new lands was the perfect example of how to get rid of the people a nation considered undesirable.
Even Napoleon was planning to commit a genocide in Haiti! That mentality existed in Europe long time before WW II, and survived even after that tragic war. Just remember the war of Yugoslavia.

Even the model of the dictator was already in place with figures like Mussolini and Stalin in power before Hitler even appeared on scene.

Yes, many Europeans pretend to be innocent of what happened in WW II and want to put everything in the shoulders of Germans.

Just realize most common Germans were also the victims of a dictatorship that destroyed Europe.

And of course, many Europeans worked for the good, like the Dutchland people that hide Jews in theirs houses, for instace. Spain opened its frontiers to the Jews declaring all of them were "Sephardites" and had Spanish nationality. The Catholic church and even the fascist regime in Italy helped many Jews to be smuggled out of Europe and into the Americas. But didn't you know that even Germans helped? Remember Schidler? Didn't you know that some German diplomats helped as well?

I am not saying European are bigots. Most are not. But the tragic history of Europe of recent times was a consecuence of the attitudes of past centuries.

Edited by pinguin - 08-Dec-2007 at 21:00
Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 21:02

[QUOTE=beorna]

This is just making excuses for people. At some point the people who committed these crimes during WWII have to take responsibility for their actions. I'm blaming the Germans for what happened I'm blaming anybody who was complicit with them. Your argument argument about knowing what it is like living under a dictatorship is ludicrous. If this argument is true it says more about the cowardice of the people living in Nazi Germany than the mindset of your average German. There were many people who stood up to fascism all across Europe, not all were killed actually many lived. Where I grew up we have lots of Germans as well and they told us what was going on and it doesn't have the same apologist ring that your description does.

You can't blame all Germans for the Holocaust,ww2 and the other atrocities commited by the Nazis, just most of them. 
There were some Germans who activily opposed the Nazis e.g.  Oskar Schindler, the White Rose, the July plotters, the 10,000 who joined the Allied forces, many of the 16,000 German soldiers executed by the Nazis plus many others whose names have been lost to history.  The fact that so many were prepared to risk all and oppose the Nazis further damms those who didn't. 
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 21:03

Yes, many Europeans pretend to be innocent of what happened in WW II and want to put everything in the shoulders of Germans.

Just realize most common Germans were also the victims of a dictatorship that destroyed Europe.

Just explain me please how e.g. Polish can be blamed for WWII and war atrocities?? If we talk about WWII Germans are responsable for this. You are right that Europe has long history of Jews killing, dictatorship etcbut we don't normally blame Chinese for japanese crimes only because they are Asians.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 21:16
Originally posted by Majkes

...Just explain me please how e.g. Polish can be blamed for WWII and war atrocities?? If we talk about WWII Germans are responsable for this. You are right that Europe has long history of Jews killing, dictatorship etcbut we don't normally blame Chinese for japanese crimes only because they are Asians.

I am not the indicated to point the fingers about particular Europeans nations. I also know that Poland was the victim several times of the European empires, rather than the cause of the problem. I agree on that.
Some countries like Poland, Switzerland and perhaps Sweeden have been innocent of what happened in WW II by all means. But others don't.

Let's point the fingers on some:

Britain: For setting the example, exploiting Black slaves, exterminating aboriguines, converting India in a nation of second clase citizens, destroying the Boers and inventing the concentration camps. For having such twisted minds as Spencer among them,  Veredic: Guilty!

Spain: For similar crimes that England but also for Inquisition, autos of faith, the expulsion of the Jews and the Moors, and the killings of the Civil War. Veredic: Guilty.

Dutchland: Don't believe for a second Deutchland is innocent LOL

Italy: Because of Mussolini, who was the example Hitler followed. And also because the glory and crimes of Rome has always been the model to imitate. Guilty.

France: For its crimes in Haiti and Africa, and for Napoleon... Of course Guilty!

Russians: For the pogroms, crimes against the peasants and the Killings of Stalin.Veredic: Guilty.

Greece: for having a race of fascists such criminal like the Spartans, and that have been the example of inhumanity for century. Veredic: Guilty!

I could go on and on. The point is this, what happened during WW II was the final end of a history of inhuman ideologies that permeated Europe and the world. The German people was not innocent, but blamming them and only them for all the crimes is hypocresy. That's what I believe.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 22:14

Originally posted by Majkes

...Just explain me please how e.g. Polish can be blamed for WWII and war atrocities?? If we talk about WWII Germans are responsable for this. You are right that Europe has long history of Jews killing, dictatorship etcbut we don't normally blame Chinese for japanese crimes only because they are Asians.

I am not the indicated to point the fingers about particular Europeans nations. I also know that Poland was the victim several times of the European empires, rather than the cause of the problem. I agree on that.
Some countries like Poland, Switzerland and perhaps Sweeden have been innocent of what happened in WW II by all means. But others don't.

Let's point the fingers on some:

Britain: For setting the example, exploiting Black slaves, exterminating aboriguines, converting India in a nation of second clase citizens, destroying the Boers and inventing the concentration camps. For having such twisted minds as Spencer among them,  Veredic: Guilty!

Spain: For similar crimes that England but also for Inquisition, autos of faith, the expulsion of the Jews and the Moors, and the killings of the Civil War. Veredic: Guilty.

Dutchland: Don't believe for a second Deutchland is innocent LOL

Italy: Because of Mussolini, who was the example Hitler followed. And also because the glory and crimes of Rome has always been the model to imitate. Guilty.

France: For its crimes in Haiti and Africa, and for Napoleon... Of course Guilty!

Russians: For the pogroms, crimes against the peasants and the Killings of Stalin.Veredic: Guilty.

Greece: for having a race of fascists such criminal like the Spartans, and that have been the example of inhumanity for century. Veredic: Guilty!

I could go on and on. The point is this, what happened during WW II was the final end of a history of inhuman ideologies that permeated Europe and the world. The German people was not innocent, but blamming them and only them for all the crimes is hypocresy. That's what I believe.

Of course almost every country comitted crimes in the past. Poland as well wasn't that innocent as You thinkLOL
What You've mentioned with a bit of ironyWink were problems of those countries. Nazism was German problem and I wouldn't blame others for that. Nevertheless I think people in Europe should stop blaming each other for the past. I see more interesting things to do. I think Europe is doing quite well right now.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 22:21

Agree.

I think Europe has reinvented itself very well after WW II and particularly after the fall of the Berlin Wall. The European Union is also contributing to change Europe.

Let hope the Old Continent continue to be a heaven of freedom and humanity like it is today.

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 01:43
I almost hate to say anything seeing as how this conversation seemed to have ended on a positive note but, the point pinguin was trying to make is valid. 

Making sweeping generalizations never accomplishes anything, (not to say I don't do it, difficult habit to break) the heart of nazism and the holocaust was germany.  No one is likely to dispute this.  However that does not mean it was uniquely german.  Just look at the SS, or more specifically the Waffen SS.  You will notice many non germans fighting for the nazis.  Now looking again at germany one will (I certainly hope) see that not all germans were nazis.  Did the germans "drop the ball" and allow nazism to take over.  I think for the most part yes, though it is a large grey area.  Nazism and hitler didn't just appear in 1933 out of thin air, anti-semitism had been a part of europe for arguably over a thousand years.  Obviously the nazi's took it way further, but never the less, anti-semitism was not uniquely nazi or german.  Also, I think most will agree that when people face very difficult and miserable situations the tendency of less pleasant thoughts in all people are more likely to come to the surface.  The chances of extreme groups gaining popularity also increases.  Germany went from bad to worse from ~1916 on through the 20's.  As the nazi's got more support things got better.  Beorna's (hope I spelled that right) post does a good job of explaining why.  Now as time progresses the nazi's slowly gain more power, and unsuprisingly there attitudes become more vocal about jews/war etc.  One thing I always like to do is compare nazi germany in 1933 and 45.  One can see how the state was not totalitarian in 33 but was very much in that arena in 45.  Look at the soviet union for comparison, if nazi germany had survived for another ten years it would be right on par with the soviet union in regards to indoctrination in all levels of society, brutality towards own people, control of freedom in military etc.

I'm just rambling on here, but I hope my point is clear enough to see.  The period 1933-1945 is one of complexity, just like the nazi government.  One can't simply make sweeping generalizations and possibly come anywhere near accuracy.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 02:16
With dictatorship, the rule by one or a small clique seems to work beautifully at first and then things start going horribly wrong. "There is only one way, my way!" In modern terms it takes an army of people armed with laptops and mobiles rather than guns and grenades to keep a country on track. Rather than arming themselves with bullets for the next battle they arm themselves with rhetoric for the next round of conferences.
elenos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 02:25

Elenos,

You can't downplay the efficience of bullets and torture to break the will of people.

It is very nice to argue about principles like freedom, democracy and justice in countries that have healthy democratic regimens. But when the countries are controlled by criminals, and the secret police can pick you at night at torture and humilliate you to the point of losing your identity, matters are quite different.

What was seeing during the Nazi regime, and small scale in all the fascist, communist and totalitarian regimes of the twentieth century, it was the demostration of how modern technology plus brutality served to control large countries with a small band of criminals.

The only way to escape those kind of regimes is democracy.

In that sense, and only in that sense, the German people was a victim more of the cathastrophe that was WW II for all Europeans.

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 04:23
I'm in total agreement with you Pinquin, it's not so much death but the fear of death and disorder from a small band of political criminals can break the will of a developing nation and undermine any former advances made. How do they get there in the first place? Nobody expects them to run for political office and usually they don't. Those already there may desire to fleece the public but not kill them nor change the law to suit their own purposes. I suppose that is the price of having a democracy, the constant grumbling of one side about the excesses of the other. 
elenos
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 09:29

I repeat it, I don't want to excuse Germans for the things they did. It was not an apology I made. There were about 100.000 people who were imprisoned after the war because they commited crimes and if you ask me, there were enough people who had not to take consequences for their crimes but should to. If you blame Germany for it's history I can agree with it. But to blame all Germans just because they are Germans is wrong, especially if those weren't born at those days. What I tried to do was to bring the normal lifes of Germans close to you. Why did they vote for the NSDAP allthough they voted for democratic parties before. Why did they look away if people were imprisoned, why did people who didn't vote for the NSDAP became later supporters of them and so on. You say it is cowardice that the people in Nazi Germany showed. Well, sure it is often cowardice. There were some German wifes who made a big trouble because their jewish husbands were imprisoned. They succeded an their husbands were rescued. But there were others who were killed just because they made a joke. If you would have been in their situation what would you have done? Would you be the one who succeeded or the one who was going to be executed? Cowardice? Yes it was cowardice. Every dictatorship starts with cowardice, too. You are from the United States. Is this correct? Well, we the Western World have the human rights. They are the base of our culture, am I right? Your country is not very loved in the moment all over the world. One cause for it is Guantanamo. Your country kidnapped all over the world people whether they were guilty or innocent, just because some of you thought they were guilty. Your government led those people be imprisoned like cattle, they tortured them and I don' t know what else. Some of your soldiers commited war crimes in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I don't want to discuss here whether these wars are wrong or right. All I want to ask you is where the outcry of the U.S. society is? Oh, there are some, but the most of you are silent. What are the reasons of it? If it is so difficult to stand up against what is going wrong in an democrcy, how can you think it is so easy under an dictator.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 02:01

Beorna, once again my support. Most Germans of today weren't born when all these tragical events happened. There is no right to convert Germany in a pariah society for sins that happened more than a generation ago, and which that country already payed with lot of suffering, including the 45 years of the Berlin Wall.

Other powers in Europe and overseas also have some terrible crimes to be ashame of, but nobody blames today's generations for those. I won't point fingers but very few countries have an history free of crimes.

We should be fair with Germany, and help that nation to forget that tragic past. Germany used to the most brilliant nation in Europe, and after the war they have been an example of humanitarian nation, like no other.

Edited by pinguin - 11-Dec-2007 at 02:03
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 03:20
Originally posted by beorna

I repeat it, I don't want to excuse Germans for the things they did. It was not an apology I made. There were about 100.000 people who were imprisoned after the war because they commited crimes and if you ask me, there were enough people who had not to take consequences for their crimes but should to. If you blame Germany for it's history I can agree with it. Butto blame all Germans just because they are Germans is wrong, especially if those weren't born at those days. What I tried to do was to bring the normal lifes of Germans close to you. Why did they vote for the NSDAP allthough they voted for democratic parties before. Why did they look away if people were imprisoned, why did people who didn't vote for the NSDAP became later supporters of them and so on. You say it is cowardice that the people in Nazi Germany showed. Well, sure it is often cowardice. There were some German wifes who made a big trouble because their jewish husbands were imprisoned. They succeded an their husbands were rescued. But there were others who were killed just because they made a joke. If you would have been in their situation what would you have done? Would you be the one who succeeded or the one who was going to be executed? Cowardice? Yes it was cowardice. Every dictatorship starts with cowardice, too. You are from the United States. Is this correct? Well, we the Western World have the human rights. They are the base of our culture, am I right? Your country is not very loved in the moment all over the world. One cause for it is Guantanamo. Your countrykidnapped all over the world people whether they were guilty or innocent, just because some of you thought they were guilty. Your government led those people be imprisoned like cattle, they tortured them and I don' t know what else. Some of your soldiers commited war crimes in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I don't want to discuss herewhether these wars are wrong or right. All I want to ask you is where the outcry of the U.S. society is? Oh, there are some, but the most of you are silent. What are the reasons of it? If it is so difficult to stand up against what is going wrong in an democrcy, how can you think it is so easy under an dictator.

My response was not to your post, but rather to the post of Pinguin. I also don't think you read it carefully. In my post, which you quoted, I said that I blame the Germans and those complicit with the Nazis. That is I blame Jews as well, Jews like Ernest Kantorowitz. I don't blame Germans living now unless they were old enough to fight for or support the Nazis. You seem to be missing the point though. I am not arguing that all Germans were cowards or that they were all to blame. My post was intended to counter Pinguin's post in which he lets contemporary Germans (Nazi Germany) off the hook because they were faced with a fascist dictatorship.

Most? Where are you getting your sources for American sentiment dealing with Gitmo and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Did you not follow the midterm elections in 2006 when the Republican Congress was voted out and a Democratic Congress was voted in? This was done on an anti-war platform. I think that speaks volumes for the sentiment of the US population. Would you care to elaborate on the war crimes that were conducted in Afghanistan? Are there any indictments at the Hague? You really need to follow US politics more before you comment on them. If you had followed the reporting that went on in the US when Gitmo was first introduced and today you would know that most reporting and public opinion is not in favor of Gitmo. Don't judge American opinion by what is reported on FoxNews. Had you followed US coverage of Gitmo you would know that there have been Scandals that came out of there such as Waterboarding a big topic at the Recent Republican CNN/Youtube debate.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 03:32

Beorna, once again my support. Most Germans of today weren't born when all these tragical events happened. There is no right to convert Germany in a pariah society for sins that happened more than a generation ago, and which that country already payed with lot of suffering, including the 45 years of the Berlin Wall.

Other powers in Europe and overseas also have someterriblecrimes to be ashame of, but nobody blames today's generations for those. I won't point fingers but very few countries have an historyfree of crimes.

We should be fair with Germany, and help that nation to forget that tragic past. Germany used tothe most brilliant nation in Europe, andafter the war they havebeen an example ofhumanitarian nation, like no other.

Who's blaming modern germans. I and other people are only blaming Germans who were old enough to fight for/support the Nazi regime. I also don't limit that to Germany. I blame the Vichy French, Italians, Spanish, Poles who supported their puppet regime, Czechs, Swedes, Ukrainian, Lithuanians, Belgians, Dutch and anybody else who aided the Nazis. But I don't blame anybody who was not old enough to support or fight for the Nazis.

We shouldn't help Germany to forget their past. A nation should remember its entire past, not just the bits it wants to remember. Germany should remember that at one point if you wanted the best education you went to Germany. It should also remember why for the past 50 + years that is no longer the case. The reason for that departure...

You guessed it the Nazis. To forget the effects of the Nazi regime is the first step in repeating it. Today's Germany is far from a Pariah state. If you want a Pariah state go look at North Korea. Germany is one of the leading members of the EU and is also a member of the G8 along with the US, UK, Japan, Russia, France, Germany, Canada, and Italy. Keep in mind that the G8 was formed some 32 years ago. So clearly this Pariah status was gone before then. This status as a member of the G8 and one of the leading members of the EU is hardly that of a Pariah state.

Edited by King John - 11-Dec-2007 at 03:35
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 05:58

Who's blaming modern germans. I and other people are only blaming Germans who were old enough to fight for/support the Nazi regime. I also don't limit that to Germany. I blame the Vichy French, Italians, Spanish, Poles who supported their puppet regime, Czechs, Swedes, Ukrainian, Lithuanians, Belgians, Dutch and anybody else who aided the Nazis. .

Which puppet regime was supported by Poles? Don't talk nonsense. There was no puppet regime in Poland during WWIIConfused. You better blame americans who sold Eastern Europe to Russia and did nothing to help Jews.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 08:37

My response was not to your post, but rather to the post of Pinguin. I also don't think you read it carefully. In my post, which you quoted, I said that I blame the Germans and those complicit with the Nazis. That is I blame Jews as well, Jews like Ernest Kantorowitz. I don't blame Germans living now unless they were old enough to fight for or support the Nazis. You seem to be missing the point though. I am not arguing that all Germans were cowards or that they were all to blame. My post was intended to counter Pinguin's post in which he lets contemporary Germans (Nazi Germany) off the hook because they were faced with a fascist dictatorship.

Most? Where are you getting your sources for American sentiment dealing with Gitmo and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Did you not follow the midterm elections in 2006 when the Republican Congress was voted out and a Democratic Congress was voted in? This was done on an anti-war platform. I think that speaks volumes for the sentiment of the US population. Would you care to elaborate on the war crimes that were conducted in Afghanistan? Are there any indictments at the Hague? You really need to follow US politics more before you comment on them. If you had followed the reporting that went on in the US when Gitmo was first introduced and today you would know that most reporting and public opinion is not in favor of Gitmo. Don't judge American opinion by what is reported on FoxNews. Had you followed US coverage of Gitmo you would know that there have been Scandals that came out of there such as Waterboarding a big topic at the Recent Republican CNN/Youtube debate.

I don't think that you blame all. But even in Nazi Germany - by the way, I don't like these term, I'd like to say Germany, because we do not talk about Reagan-US, Bush-US or Churchill-UK, as well - you should blame all. I don't want to apology them, of course I'd wish they hadn't done what they'd done, but we aren't in their shoes, so we should be carefull with our accuse.

It is good to hear that Americans stand up against crimes of their government and their troops. But 2002 is long ago. It was a long way till now, wasn't it. I don't want to blame you all for it, what I just want to say is, that it's sometimes hard to stop what's going on, when so many people are going blind as a fact of patriotism or even nationalism. 
Your war crimes in Afghanistan? Well, your troops commit torture in Afghanistan and of course again in Guantanamo. They fire on everything that's moving. How many innocent people where killed by bombings? I am sorry to say that German soldiers probably helped you or didn't avoid it. So you could blame us too. That's exactly what I mean. Theses countries are far away, the most people don't know where theses countries lay and aren't interested at all. They just care about there own problems. It isn't far to the behavior to people in a dictatorship.
Garvm View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Garvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 11:37
What is the sense of this thread!?
Every country in the world is responsable for some horrendous crime in his History...
If someone try to evaluate in some type of scale the crimes, would be certainly unfair, because the real evaluation isnt the quantity of crimes (altough very important...) is the type of crime...
You cant put in the same grade the cruelty some rituals of the Spartans with the children, women and men killed at the millions in the nazi gas chambers, or the impaling of thousands by Vlad Dracul, with the confinement of Boers in concentration camps by the British...
This kind of thread is only good to suport nacionalism and xenophobia!
In my opinion should be closed.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 12:14
Well, the thread began with Bilal Ali's statements about Germans. I don't know why the others writing here. I saw a possibility to tell you a very little about what happened with the normal people and why they did what the did and didn't do what would had been necessary. You cannot prevent such murder if you do not want to understand how such things can happen. If you say it was because the Germans are as they are and this was unic, you will cause a new holocaust somewhere in the future, somewhere in the world. Garvm, you are right in saying we shouldn't compare one crime with another. But right or wrong have nothing to do with the amount of bodies you leave behind you. I don't know if this thread supports nationalism or xenophobia. I think for such an controvers theme it's very peaceful here. Ate logo

Edited by beorna - 11-Dec-2007 at 12:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>