Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aryans came from Northern Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aryans came from Northern Europe
    Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 00:01

I realize that practically everyone thinks the Aryans originally came from the steppes of Russia, for example, the Scythians.  My own theory is the Aryans were originally a very pure race that evolved in Northern Europe,  They were isolated in their homeland based on the cold and snow north of the Alps.  I find it interesting these people apparently stayed in the far north so long that there hair and skin turned white (also natural selection process), which is good camouflage and also allows in more vitamin D in a weak sun environment.  They must have been there a long time, possibly 50,000 years or more to get so white.  Look at the Eskimoes, they have been in the far north for thousands of years and their hair is still black and they haven't lightened very much.  Cro-Magnon skeletons have been found over 100,000 years old.  They have found male Cro-Magnon skeletons that were 6'4" in height.  These were the original big men.  The rest of the men in the world were puny in comparison and easily smashed in later conflicts.  The Aryans lived during the Ice Ages, my guess is everytime it warmed up, they started on their legendary travels, starting new Kingdoms as they went.  Sometimes they were forced by floods to leave their homes and go south.  These Northmen were the progenitors of the Scythians, Hittites, Persians and all of the great empires to follow throughout the eons of time to the present day.    

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 00:07

but that doesnt explain the sogdians, and bactrians, who had set up the first civilisation in central asia about the same time as sumeria in mesopotamia.

so these aryans left before the others? and what about the scythians? their travels seem to indicate that they west east to west, not west to east.

and the conditions you supply can easily be used for siberia also. my theory is that they came from central asia.

by the way, welcome to the forum.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 03:36

"They must have been there a long time, possibly 50,000 years"

You do know that there was a iceage? It wasn't possible for humans to be in Northern Europe (Scandinavia) for even 20 000 years ago...

I'm sorry but you sound like a racist.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 03:59
What if evolution is not true? Then they came from Ararat/Babel ? If evltn is true then they came from e/s Africa?
Any origin/homeland theory has to be thought thru more than has been so far by everyone.
My (try to pass on what I know) response to your post I have already made in another place/time so rather than rewrite it see:
http://www.simaqianstudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5783
and also
http://www.simaqianstudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6027 &st=0
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 11:22

50,000 years ago?

But the core IE language is said to have formed only around 10,000 years ago.  I do not find this very convincing, and there is no real evidencet aht suggests Aryans were exclusively blond or anything like that.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 12:18

its time like this, when maju is needed most...

a few points,

Neandrathals are best built for the cold not white people. Camoflage? please explain that, you would need to be wearing furs up in the north anyway. How is blue eyes an adaption to the harsh conditions?

Size doesnt matter when we are talking about confict, its the smart ones that win wars. The neandrathals were stronger than any cro-magnon and you dont see any of them around do you?

genseric are you a white sumpremist type? (this smells of tetuonic myths) if not welcome to AE

Edited by Leonidas
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 12:51

genseric

i had theorised the ice age and climatic change possibly saw an exodus of peeps from the north similar to what you propose.

i reckon those same peeps had gotten themselves localised to a certain area by historians given to classing everyone a generic label due to common language and similar culture.

our views though similar can't be validated 

Scorpian
Mullah Ganstar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Mullah Ganstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 14:22
Originally posted by genseric

I realize that practically everyone thinks the Aryans originally came from the steppes of Russia, for example, the Scythians.  My own theory is the Aryans were originally a very pure race that evolved in Northern Europe,  They were isolated in their homeland based on the cold and snow north of the Alps.  I find it interesting these people apparently stayed in the far north so long that there hair and skin turned white (also natural selection process), which is good camouflage and also allows in more vitamin D in a weak sun environment.  They must have been there a long time, possibly 50,000 years or more to get so white.  Look at the Eskimoes, they have been in the far north for thousands of years and their hair is still black and they haven't lightened very much.  Cro-Magnon skeletons have been found over 100,000 years old.  They have found male Cro-Magnon skeletons that were 6'4" in height.  These were the original big men.  The rest of the men in the world were puny in comparison and easily smashed in later conflicts.  The Aryans lived during the Ice Ages, my guess is everytime it warmed up, they started on their legendary travels, starting new Kingdoms as they went.  Sometimes they were forced by floods to leave their homes and go south.  These Northmen were the progenitors of the Scythians, Hittites, Persians and all of the great empires to follow throughout the eons of time to the present day.    

what ? there was no aryans in europe until celtics. and celts arrived from central europe. Arya is not a race. go learn something on Iran and India. while india or iran were florished aryans civilization, europeen population lived in a nomadic way.

kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:42

The majoritity of the European population today are decendents of the Aryans.  Except for maybe the Anglo Saxons and the peoples of sweden Norway and Finland.  I also heard the Bask people are original Europeans not decended from Aryans. 

My father told me of a story he heard that the white Devils fought by Rostam and other ancient Iranians are the antcesters of the Vikings. 

And as far as i know Vikings are big people and it seems the Aryans pushed them out so i guess size is not the determining factor in a conflict its smarts and technology i guess.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:43

Has anyone ever read a book on pre-history on this forum?

CroMagnon man evolved in Africa about 100,000 years ago, entered Europe about 35,000 years ago. At that time there was a significant break in the Ice-Age meaning man could live quite far north: Creswell Crags, in the middle of Britain.

About 30,000 years ago the Ice-Age kicked in again and drove all people south into southern Europe, mostly Northern Spain, Southern France and the Northern Balkans. When the Ice-Age finally ended 12,000+ years ago these people began to migrate north again. 

The majority of the people of northern central and western Europe today are the descendants of these people today.

As for Aryans, if they even existed at all, they certainly never came to Europe.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:46

Offcourse they came to Europe

Almost all European langwages have signs of the ancient Aryan IE langwage.  How could you make a comment like that.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 18:12

It's always difficult to discuss these these subjects without someone's ego or feathers being ruffled.  The history is in the bones and the bones tell the story.  The most advanced man was found in Europe 10s of thousands of years ago.  No other skeletons that advanced have been found in the entire world from the same time period.  This hints at where all subsequent invasions came from.  Homo Erectus skeletons have been found in Africa from the same time period.  If Cro-Magnon and other advanced men had been found in Central Asia that were older then the European skeletons, then I would agree with the Nazi theory that is where Aryans came from.  I am not perfectly equating Cro-Magnon with Aryans, there were other races involved.  For example, there is evidence that Neanderthal  was assimilated by Cro-Magnon in Europe.  They have found skeletal remains in Portugal from 28K years ago that contained Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal DNA.  Perhaps this is where the Basque and British Isles peoples originated.  I also realize that Aryans who were blonder and lighter skinned in N. Europe would obviously obtain darker hair and skin as their original DNA was mixed with more local peoples on a gradual basis as they moved south.  Of course all Northern Europeans did not have blonde hair although it was a sought after trait.  The Celt would smear lime in their hair to make it appear blonder and for mousse effect.  Another point is anyone who believes a local population would readily accept a foreign language, ie. Aryan or Indo-European without a fight is living in a modern dreamworld.  Obvious modern examples being Latin, Spanish, English, etc. which were all spread through conquests.  The conquests of India were accomplished through the chariot and superior military technology.  The Europeans at the exact same time were developing the chariot.  Does not caste translate as color, meaning color of skin?  Perhaps the Bramins of India correlate to the Druids of the Celtoi?

Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 18:26
You bring up a few good points. 
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 03:40
Originally posted by kingofmazanderan

The majoritity of the European population today are decendents of the Aryans. 

Where are the proofs of this? Tha fact that the majority of Europeans speak a I.E. language today doesn't mean that their ancestors were ethnically homogeneous "Aryans" or others. Afaik genetics doesn't confirm this.

Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 05:00

About 30,000 years ago the Ice-Age kicked in again and drove all people south into southern Europe, mostly Northern Spain, Southern France and the Northern Balkans. When the Ice-Age finally ended 12,000+ years ago these people began to migrate north again. 

The majority of the people of northern central and western Europe today are the descendants of these people today.

As for Aryans, if they even existed at all, they certainly never came to Europe.

[/QUOTE]

This is more or less what i've been saying. Those who

had migrated south didn't migrate north again all at once. this migration north would have been gradual over a prolonged period of time. Also a lot of the migration wasn't voluntary though through certain displacement enforced by stronger peoples. the choice was flee north; certain death or subjugate to becoming a vassal tribe. 

the term Aryan is one of those generic labels given by historians. Not all that were labelled Aryan were those that have been classed germanic.

i too have heard similar tales of the Norse.  They themselves were classed aryan having been in the same area as all the other aryan peoples.  Apparently Odin led his people North and settled some of them in Norway. He himself wasn't there all of the time but would come and go.

i reckon the settled area could not support all of Odin's people but was used as a homebase whenever Odin needed someplace safe to take his peeps.

This is all hearsay! maybe someone from Norway could relate a better accurate account .  i was led to believe that the ice age came and went three times hence i reckon Fimbulvetr happened.  Odin led his people in between times and rode towards the huge plain of Vigrid. (steppe)

Unfortunately everyone else had themselves the same idea. Fighting between all the different peoples took place and many died. Probably because sources of food supply were scarce.

Afterwards when things settled down and more food became available everyone got on a bit better.

anyone care to relate to us about Ragnarok?

Edited by Scorpian
Scorpian
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 05:17
Originally posted by Paul

Has anyone ever read a book on pre-history on this forum?

Obviously not one that was written after 1945, when the theory of European "Aryans" was buried together with Heinrich Himmler.

The idea that culture and language can only be spread by large scale migrations followed by territorial conquest is to the historiography of pre-history Europe, what the Genesis is to modern Biology.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 05:38
The way I understand it is we are all homo-sapians that migated out of Africa, the cro- magon man was white after living in the caves. There was a Asian invasion that killed all the cro-magon men off , however the women survived and the traits went on in the women`s DNA.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 06:02
My theory is the Neanderthal  man did`nt survive, because their women didn` t survived. They were known to take the caves, leave their women and children out in the cold and kill off the babies they could`nt feed . No off springs, no survial of the speice.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 06:16
Originally posted by genseric

It's always difficult to discuss these these subjects without someone's ego or feathers being ruffled.  The history is in the bones and the bones tell the story.  The most advanced man was found in Europe 10s of thousands of years ago.  No other skeletons that advanced have been found in the entire world from the same time period.  This hints at where all subsequent invasions came from.  Homo Erectus skeletons have been found in Africa from the same time period.  If Cro-Magnon and other advanced men had been found in Central Asia that were older then the European skeletons, then I would agree with the Nazi theory that is where Aryans came from.  I am not perfectly equating Cro-Magnon with Aryans, there were other races involved.  For example, there is evidence that Neanderthal  was assimilated by Cro-Magnon in Europe.  They have found skeletal remains in Portugal from 28K years ago that contained Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal DNA.  Perhaps this is where the Basque and British Isles peoples originated.  I also realize that Aryans who were blonder and lighter skinned in N. Europe would obviously obtain darker hair and skin as their original DNA was mixed with more local peoples on a gradual basis as they moved south.  Of course all Northern Europeans did not have blonde hair although it was a sought after trait.  The Celt would smear lime in their hair to make it appear blonder and for mousse effect.  Another point is anyone who believes a local population would readily accept a foreign language, ie. Aryan or Indo-European without a fight is living in a modern dreamworld.  Obvious modern examples being Latin, Spanish, English, etc. which were all spread through conquests.  The conquests of India were accomplished through the chariot and superior military technology.  The Europeans at the exact same time were developing the chariot.  Does not caste translate as color, meaning color of skin?  Perhaps the Bramins of India correlate to the Druids of the Celtoi?

white skin for camouflage did you say? kind of useless buried under garb isn't it?

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 07:45

i too have heard similar tales of the Norse.  They themselves were classed aryan having been in the same area as all the other aryan peoples.  Apparently Odin led his people North and settled some of them in Norway. He himself wasn't there all of the time but would come and go.

i reckon the settled area could not support all of Odin's people but was used as a homebase whenever Odin needed someplace safe to take his peeps.

This is all hearsay! maybe someone from Norway could relate a better accurate account .  i was led to believe that the ice age came and went three times hence i reckon Fimbulvetr happened.  Odin led his people in between times and rode towards the huge plain of Vigrid. (steppe)

Unfortunately everyone else had themselves the same idea. Fighting between all the different peoples took place and many died. Probably because sources of food supply were scarce.

Afterwards when things settled down and more food became available everyone got on a bit better.

anyone care to relate to us about Ragnarok?

Walking back in time, 8.000 years ago only Denmark had emerged below the icecap of the latter iceage. 12.000 years ago, Scandinavia as a whole (Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway) was covered with ice, and that situation had lasted around 100.000 years. At that time the was a brief mild period (such as the present) - and before that another iceage, even longer than the last one.

If you leave an area for unpleasently climate conditions - and one of your decendants 100.000 years later, get in the mood for walking, how big a chance is there for him to know where you came from?
I have had trouble enough to trace my family 600 years back!

Off topic - Just for reference....

Odin is not an earthly leader who lead his people around, but a mythological God. He is the allfather of the norse Gods, residing in his hall Valhalla in Asgard with fellow Gods.
He is the Norse version of the Greek God Zeus and the Roman God Jupiter and posseses similar features.

Valhalla is the hall of Odin in Norse myth, where the brave warriors were brought by the Valkyries and would join the Gods and have an eternal life with a feast every night - eating the pig Saehrimnir which magically came back to life again before the next meal.

(bonus info)
Most days of the week are named after the gods in Valhalla.
Tir/Tyr named Tirsdag (nordic) = Tuesday,
Wotan/Odin named Onsdag(nordic) = Wednesday,
Thor named Torsdag (nordic) = Thursday
Freya named Fredag  (nordic) = Friday

You ask about Ragnarok - described in the saga's and by Saxo.

(brief version)
At the end times, the (evil) Giants will meet together to fight the gods in Valhalla and destroy all nine worlds, including Midgard where humans live. 

Wolves will eat the sun and moon, and there will be bitter cold. The earth will shake and mountains will fall, and even Yggrasill, the World Tree will tremble.

All the Gods, monsters and giants will die, the world will be cunsumed by fire and sink into the ocean.
A new world will arise from the waves, a new sun will shine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>