Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serb Republic/Republic of Srpska/Republika Srpska

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Should the Serb Republic (RS) be an independent country, or not?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [19.05%]
9 [42.86%]
8 [38.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Milos Obilic View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Milos Obilic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serb Republic/Republic of Srpska/Republika Srpska
    Posted: 18-May-2006 at 16:19
Originally posted by RomiosArktos

Originally posted by mamikon

One thing I found hard to believe was the open German support of Croatian rebel forces,  the Croatian usage of the faschistic emblem of WWII as their national coat of arms and the lack of international condemnation, especially on the part of Germany, on the pro-faschistic views of the many croatian representatives. I believe support for the returned - Ustashe (I spelled it wrong...) government is apalling, alongside with the lack of media coverage on Ustashe and its past.

If there was really an open German support then this is really shameful for post-war democratic Germany,especially since the German governments try to be as sensitive as they can on issues having to do with the Nazist history of Germany.If really the Croatians had used emblems of WWII pro-Nazi Croatia then I think that Germany and the european community members countries should had severely critisized this.I think that the media generally in western Europe had been pro-Croatian rather than neutral.The same thing may have happened in the Greek pro-Serbian media  towards
the Serbian struggle(unfortunately,since the media MUST be objective and it was proved later that Serb side had also commited hideous atrocities)  and I see here on this forum many people criticizing the Greek media whenever they have the opportunity, but nobody until now had ever criticised the media in western European democraties for being pro-Croatian rather than neutral and objective....

Shame

Croats are a genocidal nation # 1 in Europe, - they have a genocidal nature.

btw. I'm still waiting for some comments from those who had watched  the doc. movie "Yugoslavia; The Avoidable War".

небески народ
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 18:44
Croats are a genocidal nation # 1 in Europe, - they have a genocidal nature
U can't say all of croats are ustasha's...or even pro-ustasha's - there's honest people in every nation...
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 11:21
Even though I would love it, with my 56k connection it's impossible to me to watch this video.

For the initial question, if the Serb republic should become independent, I have to say it is very difficult to answer, at least right now.
On the one hand we have the argument that says that the Serb Republic in Bosnia was formed after the ethnic cleansing of its other non serb population. (I'm no expert on this subject, so I make my conclusions from what I read here. So, we assume this is true.) On the other hand we have to respect the will of the majority of the population of RS, which seems to be a union with Serbia.
It has been only like 10-12 years, and it is difficult to say which argument weighs more. A decade is not a big time intervall, and we can always say that the RS lives a 'parasitic' (pure Serbian) life in Bosnia, that has to change (I mean a mixing of the population, and a weakening of the Serb element).  On the other hand as years pass, after some more time (in like 10 years) the situation will have been stabilized, and the right to self determination of the Serbs of Bosnia will be undisputed.
To sum up, because i may have confused you with what I want to say, I think that currently it may not be the time yet, for the RS to become indipendent. But in some years from now, as the situation will have matured, no one will be able to undermine the right of a homgenous people to decide their fate, unless of course we talk of a Bosnain oppression against Serbs of the country.

To Mila I want to say that war is war, and a genocide is part of the war. My country has also suffered genocides and ethnioc cleansings. But you can't base on that and say that Smyrna is Greek, because afterall we lost the war, and ever since, Smyrna has become a Turkish city. The same goes for Cyprus. 200,000 Greeks were forced out of their homeland in northern Cyprus, occupied by Turkey now. But 30 years have passed since then, the turks have established their lives and have made families, you can't kick out the Turks now (or you'll commit an equally bad ethnic cleansing). We had our chance with the 'war' in 1974, now it's late. Bosnia lost the RS in the war, now, unless she commits attrocities like forcing an intermixing of the population or just kicking the Serbs out, she's gonna have to accept the results of her inability to save these areas.
Afterall, the biggest victim of former Yugoslavia is Serbia, which not only saw her big land -rightfully?- get partitioned to other yugoslav subnations, but sees also her national homelands getting chopped off, like Kossovo, which was a crime of the world community against Serbia.

One last thing, Greece does not support only serbia (which she certainly supports -Athens Belgrade axisSmile- but also supports Bosnia for example with actual material (monetary) support.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 17:03
Originally posted by xristar

The same goes for Cyprus. 200,000 Greeks were forced out of their homeland in northern Cyprus, occupied by Turkey now. But 30 years have passed since then, the turks have established their lives and have made families, you can't kick out the Turks now (or you'll commit an equally bad ethnic cleansing). We had our chance with the 'war' in 1974, now it's late.

Don't be so pessimistic. Winning or losing a war can be used to establish a new political order, but can never serve as a justification for ethnic cleansing. Those Greek Cypriots that demand their fundamental human rights such as return to their homes have my full support and I believe that the TRNC should immediately and unconditionally provide a means of remedy for them (in fact a propery comission has been recently established in the North and it is now dealing with the cases of several Greek Cyprios). Although I am growing more pessimisitc about any future prospects of unification in Cyprus having in mind the negative results from the recent referendum, I am confident that the human rights of Greek Cypriots will be restored under the jurisdiction of the TRNC. There is simply no way today for a state based on ethnic cleansing to emerge as a respectable player in the international arena, and without first rectifying the wrongs done during their creations neither Republika Srpska and nor the TRNC will ever gain independence. First they must deal with the abnormalities and human rights violations which they are still causing.

Edited by bg_turk - 19-May-2006 at 17:04
Knight
Knight

Quote Milos Obilic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 10:03
Originally posted by xristar

Even though I would love it, with my 56k connection it's impossible to me to watch this video.

For the initial question, if the Serb republic should become independent, I have to say it is very difficult to answer, at least right now.
On the one hand we have the argument that says that the Serb Republic in Bosnia was formed after the ethnic cleansing of its other non serb population. (I'm no expert on this subject, so I make my conclusions from what I read here. So, we assume this is true.) On the other hand we have to respect the will of the majority of the population of RS, which seems to be a union with Serbia.
It has been only like 10-12 years, and it is difficult to say which argument weighs more. A decade is not a big time intervall, and we can always say that the RS lives a 'parasitic' (pure Serbian) life in Bosnia, that has to change (I mean a mixing of the population, and a weakening of the Serb element).  On the other hand as years pass, after some more time (in like 10 years) the situation will have been stabilized, and the right to self determination of the Serbs of Bosnia will be undisputed.
To sum up, because i may have confused you with what I want to say, I think that currently it may not be the time yet, for the RS to become indipendent. But in some years from now, as the situation will have matured, no one will be able to undermine the right of a homgenous people to decide their fate, unless of course we talk of a Bosnain oppression against Serbs of the country.

To Mila I want to say that war is war, and a genocide is part of the war. My country has also suffered genocides and ethnioc cleansings. But you can't base on that and say that Smyrna is Greek, because afterall we lost the war, and ever since, Smyrna has become a Turkish city. The same goes for Cyprus. 200,000 Greeks were forced out of their homeland in northern Cyprus, occupied by Turkey now. But 30 years have passed since then, the turks have established their lives and have made families, you can't kick out the Turks now (or you'll commit an equally bad ethnic cleansing). We had our chance with the 'war' in 1974, now it's late. Bosnia lost the RS in the war, now, unless she commits attrocities like forcing an intermixing of the population or just kicking the Serbs out, she's gonna have to accept the results of her inability to save these areas.
Afterall, the biggest victim of former Yugoslavia is Serbia, which not only saw her big land -rightfully?- get partitioned to other yugoslav subnations, but sees also her national homelands getting chopped off, like Kossovo, which was a crime of the world community against Serbia.

One last thing, Greece does not support only serbia (which she certainly supports -Athens Belgrade axisSmile- but also supports Bosnia for example with actual material (monetary) support.

well said!

небески народ
Knight
Knight

Quote Milos Obilic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:55
"Don't be so pessimistic. Winning or losing a war can be used to establish a new political order, but can never serve as a justification for ethnic cleansing. Those Greek Cypriots that demand their fundamental human rights such as return to their homes have my full support and I believe that the TRNC should immediately and unconditionally provide a means of remedy for them (in fact a propery comission has been recently established in the North and it is now dealing with the cases of several Greek Cyprios). Although I am growing more pessimisitc about any future prospects of unification in Cyprus having in mind the negative results from the recent referendum, I am confident that the human rights of Greek Cypriots will be restored under the jurisdiction of the TRNC. There is simply no way today for a state based on ethnic cleansing to emerge as a respectable player in the international arena, and without first rectifying the wrongs done during their creations neither Republika Srpska and nor the TRNC will ever gain independence. First they must deal with the abnormalities and human rights violations which they are still causing."

once again you are being brainwashed by the mass of western fascist media and politicians.

If the Serb Republic (RS) was built up on "ethnic cleansing", "genocide" and "tyranny", then logically so was the Croat-Muslim Federation (FiBH).

The crimes were committed by all three sides equally. But the Serbs are represented as a "monster nation" in western media unlike the Croats and muslims. It is because we have been fighting enemies through centries,  always resisted, and have never given up (like Russians, - fight at all costs) unlike the rest of the Balkan nations.
небески народ
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 16:35
Russians - our bros : in 1878 they wanted great bulgaria on account of serbia;they supported the economic sanctions against us in 1992 and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent the bombing of serbia in '99 although they easily could...and today they're playing with kosovo like their father left it to them- ko da im je caca ostavio...And they're claiming: we won't be serbian big brother anymore...Confused...they don't care about us - they're just using us to accomplish their own interests, and to show spite to the ''west''...
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123