Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think Iraq should be cut up ethnicly?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Do you think Iraq should be cut up ethnicly?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [54.05%]
16 [43.24%]
1 [2.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you think Iraq should be cut up ethnicly?
    Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 11:51

Yes all Iraqis, If Iraqi means Assyrian Muslim, of course it is obvious that we can't say that all people of Iraq are Iraqis (Assyrian Muslims) because there are Christian Assyrians too, it became complex!  I mean if the majority of Iraqis are muslims, it can't be a reason to call them Arab!

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 12:00

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

[QUOTE=azimuth]
6000 to be correct (if language determin nationality)

If you you say Iraq should be splitted up that doesn't say other countries should be splitted up as well. It's a bit lame if you can prevent or end a war by splitting Iraq up, but don't do it "because otherwise thousands of other countries will declare independence".

language is not the only thing to determin nationality

for an example Arabic speaking countries are 21 country with more than three religions

so it is not only language  

add to that religion even with the same language

so it is language , religion , culture and more important these days Money

for example the rich parts dont want to share with poor once

pytheas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote pytheas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 12:10
We could ask the same question of Afghanistan.  Once again, we can place blame on the imperial colonizing powers of the 18th-20th centuries for the mess there.  The British and Russians have long fought for control over Central Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East.  Now it's the American's turn to try to force our cookie-cutter ideologies on cultures that have always been based upon tribal allegiences, NOT nationality, ethnicity/race, or any other modern notion.  The sense of nation is a Modern construt and should not be used as an excuse to force widely different populations together into one nation.  Even the "greatest democratic nation", the U.S. has had a turbulent 229 year history, attempting to force vastly differnt people together, even if the government had to commit genocide every once in a while, as long as it was done with the NATION's interests at heart.  The West (primarily the U.S.) will be regarded in history as an imperial nation.  I have strong convictions that the idea of NATION is a dying ideology, just as the 3rd World starts to catch on to the notion, the West is scratching the itching, festering, antiquated ideology of NATION.  Case in point, look at the construction of NAFTA, the EU, the AU (African Union), and other economically-driven systems.  The once great cure for regional strife and ethnic fear/hate is MONEY.  Lots of it!  Former enemies become the best boon companions, as long as theie pockets and bellies are full.  That said, I voted YES for spliting Iraq up.  Iraqi Kurdistan has basicaaly been it's own autonomous region (with the assistance of U.S. controlled no-fly zones) for the past decade.
Truth is a variant based upon perception. Ignorance is derived from a lack of insight into others' perspectives.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2004 at 02:28
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Yes all Iraqis, If Iraqi means Assyrian Muslim, of course it is obvious that we can't say that all people of Iraq are Iraqis (Assyrian Muslims) because there are Christian Assyrians too, it became complex!  I mean if the majority of Iraqis are muslims, it can't be a reason to call them Arab!

Arabs are not Assyrian muslims, Arabs are Arabs and Assyrians are Assyrians

Arabs speak arabic as their first language

puls the Assyrians are less than 5% of the Iraq population

as per Wikipedia, Iraq Ethnic Groups as follows:

Ethnic groups: Arab 75%-80%, Kurdish 15%-20%, Turkoman, Assyrian or other 5%

Religions: Muslim 97% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Languages: Arabic, Kurdish (official in Kurdish regions), Assyrian, Armenian

as per Encarta Encyclopedia

About 77 per cent of the population of Iraq are Arabs. Kurds, dwelling in the highlands of northern Iraq, constitute about 19 per cent of the population. The other significant minority, the Turkomans, tend to dominate retail trading in the cities of Mosul and Kirkk.

so  Iraq is not just Assyrian Muslims or Assyrian christans

they are not even a majority in Iraq.

another point is that Arabic is for people who are arabs not who are muslims

since arabic speaking muslims are only 15% of all muslim popution in the world.

there is people who call them selfs ( Arab faris) Persian Arabs who live in the iranian coast of the Gulf.

AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2004 at 08:17
There are was more assyrians in iraq then said. Many of the assyrians in
the kurdish area are considered kurdish. All assyrian villages in the
kurdish region are counted as kurdish villages. Until the iraqi elections
no one will know who many assyrians thier are and how many kurds thier
realy are. how is thier only 800,000 assyrians when thier are more then 4
million assyrian (chaldean and syrians) church members.   since the
church bombings 3 months ago more then 60,000 assyrians are known to
have fled to syria. i said arabs are "muslim assyrians" because they
consider assyrians as "christian arabs" and/or "christian kurds".
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2004 at 09:14

they are part of Iraq  and there voice must be heared

but they still like less than 10%

wont make sense to call all Iraq ( Assyrian Muslim )

AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2004 at 15:59
Originally posted by azimuth

wont make sense to call all Iraq ( Assyrian Muslim )

It also doesn't make sense to call assyrians "christian arabs" or " christian kurds" 

"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:14

i agree

they are all Iraqis under one nation which consist of ethnic groups like everywhere.

IMO(In My Opinion) Assyrians groups are  Assyrians  who have different types of religions, just call them assyrian unless they want to be called by each religion.

warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:22
Iraq should be divided. It's better for the different communities to float or sink separately than sink together.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:39
What about a fedaratioN?
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:42

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

What about a fedaratioN?

A fully federal structure with complete autonomy for regions would be good. But that would require leaders to behave as statesmen. It may otherwise lead to administrative paralysis, as the regions fight each other while a weak center looks on.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:43

Originally posted by warlord

Iraq should be divided. It's better for the different communities to float or sink separately than sink together.

what about India?

how many different communites does it has?

wont (( Float and Sink )) rule apply to it?

warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 01:53
Originally posted by azimuth

what about India?

how many different communites does it has?

wont (( Float and Sink )) rule apply to it?

x

Edited by warlord - 06-Jun-2008 at 10:10
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2005 at 21:19

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

What about a fedaratioN?

A fully federal structure with complete autonomy for regions would be good. But that would require leaders to behave as statesmen. It may otherwise lead to administrative paralysis, as the regions fight each other while a weak center looks on.

I think it is too late for federal state. Federal state has to be founded peacefully.
Other consideration is that a state, to be viable, needs a population with common interests. These can be economical or political or both. I don't think the religion or culture plays  the predominant role. Good example is Switzerland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12